Hector Macho Camacho was shot and is on life support

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,484 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 21, 2012 - 04:51 PM

I loved Macho. He was a great boxer and a showman. He made boxing fun imo. I hope and pray dude pulls through.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_/id/8659236/hector-macho-camacho-life-support-being-shot-puerto-rico
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- Hector "Macho" Camacho is clinging to life after being shot in the face while in a car, with doctors and his family expected to decide whether to remove the former boxing champion from life support.
Doctors at the Centro Medico trauma center in San Juan found that Camacho had irregular and intermittent brain activity late Wednesday, said Dr. Ernesto Torres, the center's director.
"We can't declare him brain dead," he said. "We're going to ask the people of Puerto Rico to keep praying."
Torres said doctors will conduct additional tests early Thursday but warned the prognosis remains dire.
"The changes have been more negative than positive," he said, adding that Camacho does not have enough blood coursing through his brain.
Doctors initially had said Camacho was in critical, but stable condition and was expected to survive after he was shot Tuesday night in the city of Bayamon. But his condition worsened overnight and his heart stopped at one point, Torres said.
The 50-year-old Camacho was shot as he and a friend sat in a Ford Mustang parked outside a bar. Police spokesman Alex Diaz said officers found nine small bags of cocaine in the friend's pocket, and a 10th bag open inside the car.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted November 22, 2012 - 08:54 AM

I suppose nobody on TLN care about Macho?
Doctors just certified him brain dead. Very sad.
http://sports.yahoo....33204--spt.html

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,431 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 03:57 PM

^ It's LN, but yes, heard about it. Know more about hearing about him than actually having watched him fight in his time, but nonetheless, horribly tragic story.

yo.

#4 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:31 PM

What happened, i heard the car he was in had about 12 bags of coke or something like that? ITs very sad hes on life support now his family will decided whether or not to pull the plug later this week.
Posted Image

#5 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,071 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:23 AM

Boxer 'Macho' Camacho dies in Puerto Rico

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) -- Former championship boxer Hector ''Macho'' Camacho died Saturday at the hospital in Puerto Rico where he has been unconscious since he was shot in the face in an attack in his hometown.

Camacho went into cardiac arrest in the pre-dawn hours and he was then taken off life support and died shortly thereafter, said Dr. Ernesto Torres, the director of the Centro Medico trauma center in San Juan.

Camacho's mother, Maria Matias, said Friday night that she had supported removing him from life support after his three sons had arrived from the U.S. mainland and had a chance to see their father for the last time.

They managed to visit him before he died, said former pro boxer Victor ''Luvi'' Callejas, a longtime friend.

''The family is destroyed,'' Callejas said outside the hospital.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/somber-vigil-macho-camacho-puerto-154518558--spt.html

#6 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:44 AM

I suppose nobody on TLN care about Macho?
Doctors just certified him brain dead. Very sad.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/doctor-puerto-rico-boxer-camacho-135733204--spt.html

A lot of us are too young to know any of his fights in his prime.

He was talented but hung with a bad crew. RIP

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,484 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Rip macho

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#8 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,713 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 26, 2012 - 10:44 AM

RIP