Photo

Is the Morris / Duhon PG rotation the worst of all time?

SO BAD

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 21, 2012 - 02:19 AM

Last year the worst combo was Jamear Nelson and Duhon (followed by Steve Blake Derek Fisher/Sessions)

Morris/Duhon are so bad, they make me long for the days of Smush Parker, (and make me think Farmar was a BEAST)

Who can think of some WORSE PG rotations? Even when D-Rose got hurt, Chicago had good PGS to come in and produce

Serriously, random guy from D-leauge should do better

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted November 21, 2012 - 02:28 AM

AJ Price and Jannero Pargo (Washington).

Greivis Vasquez and Brian Roberts, out in New Orleans.

Those are the two that are worse. Detroit is pretty bad, but both Knight and Stuckey are better individual players than what we have, just on a bad team with absolutely no help, so defenses crowd them.

#3 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 02:55 AM

Those are the two that are worse. Detroit is pretty bad, but both Knight and Stuckey are better individual players than what we have, just on a bad team with absolutely no help, so defenses crowd them.

Vazquez is playing pretty good right now. I think he's averaging like 8.5 assists. I would take Vazquez over any of point guards right now (obviously not including Nash).

#4 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,320 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 03:18 AM

No .. Both guys are playing good. Morris is playing good D most of the time. Yeah D-Will schooled him most of the time, but Darrius is still in his second year don't forget that. Plus he barely played last years so we can say these are still rookie mistakes, which is something normal. Morris also knocks the open shots. Duhon isn't very good, but he has his moments also .. They are not the best nor the worst rotation.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 03:21 AM

Vazquez is playing pretty good right now. I think he's averaging like 8.5 assists. I would take Vazquez over any of point guards right now (obviously not including Nash).

Wouldn't say he's playing good, but yeah, might have been pushing it a bit. However, Vasquez can't shoot, finish, or play defense...so that duo is still bottom five in the league.

I'll put it this way: Vasquez has the least amount of win shares for ANY player in NBA history that has averaged 8.5+ assists. That includes the 2008-09 Gilbert Arenas, who only played two games and was an absolute train wreck.

#6 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 04:34 AM

Wouldn't say he's playing good, but yeah, might have been pushing it a bit. However, Vasquez can't shoot, finish, or play defense...so that duo is still bottom five in the league.

I'll put it this way: Vasquez has the least amount of win shares for ANY player in NBA history that has averaged 8.5+ assists. That includes the 2008-09 Gilbert Arenas, who only played two games and was an absolute train wreck.

...he's playing good no if, ands, or but's about it. Also, I think cp3 and Bledsoe are the best combo at the point this year, anyone agree?

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 04:56 AM

...he's playing good no if, ands, or but's about it.

LOL, okay.

FG% = 35.2%
10th on the Hornets (the team only) in Offensive Rating
11th on the team in Defensive Rating
11th on the team in Turnover Percentage
12th on the team in eFG% (second to last)
11th on the team in TS%
8th on the team in PER
AllowedFG% at 50% at both the PG and SG positions
AllowedPER at 23.9 at the PG position (Darius Morris is at 11.6)
Win Shares lowest in NBA history among all PG's averaging 8.5+ APG

Aside from his assists, where does he stand out?

Corey Gaines averaged 9.1 APG in 10 games with the Nuggets (compared to Vasquez' 8.6 in nine games)...and then they waived him, lol.

http://www.basketbal.../gaineco01.html

I'm assuming you like him for some other reason, but I'll leave it at that. He's not that good, aside from being the primary ball handler on a team that is averaging 91.7 PPG, and 28th in the league, defensively.

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 21, 2012 - 06:05 AM

we've had some pretty [expletive]ty PGs

Pau Gasol is GONE

#9 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 21, 2012 - 06:24 AM

Just because last night Morris had an off night doesnt mean he is a bad PG.. he is still maturing and this can happen. Also you cant forgett that he played against an all-star, olympionique in deron williams. so come on guys..a bit credit for Morris.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#10 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,654 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 06:42 AM

Obviously Deron Williams would school Morris. It's not like Morris can magically turn into a Bledsoe.

There's no question about that, but with his previous games, Morris has shown good improvement, and he is all we have.

MMiRi9s.png

#11 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 07:12 AM

Seems like everybody is being realistic in this thread

#12 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 21, 2012 - 07:18 AM

Really? :laughing:
htCCl0m.png

#13 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 21, 2012 - 07:19 AM

Honestly, DWill will school anyone in the league, no matter how well they play defense. Morris isn't a stud or anything, but he's been showing some nice traits here and there.

#14 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted November 21, 2012 - 08:39 AM

Morris is improving quick...with more playing time he'll only going to get better! Young legs & a few good dimes....

#15 Slammin' Stevie

Slammin' Stevie

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted November 21, 2012 - 08:51 AM

I guess you are not watching Morris for all he does....Yes he is green, but he provides much needed youth, quickness, athleticism, & energy which this LAKER team desperately needs....

He will flourish in Mikey D's system......

He has talent and is not afraid to work hard....Great combination in any field....

He will be a tremendous asset to this team, and stick BLAKE on the pine

#16 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 21, 2012 - 08:53 AM

Morris is alright for a back up PG. It's his 2nd year only, and in his first he barely played. He might have some mistakes, but you can tell the starters would rather have Morris than Duhon running with them. They don't even inbound it to him, the only time they pass it to them is when they absolutely have to, and Duhon would be right in front of Kobe, but they'd throw it to Kobe instead. I like Morris playing with the starters because now his confidence is getting really high. He's finally showing those nice passes that he did in College. Both somewhat limited Deron though, except when Darius got 3 fouls on him in a few minutes, which 2 weren't fouls. So they basically stopped Deron from lighting us up, which is the important part.

#17 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:24 AM

MORRIS > Duhon!

Nuff said.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#18 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,589 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:43 AM

Haha, that's such an unfair question to ask about them. They're a couple of bench warmers who have been thrown into the fire because our starter and backup are out. Morris is really young still and I think he has shown a lot of improvement. He was a late second round pick I believe, so actually he's not too bad . Duhon was serviceable once upon a time.
But you may be right, that's a pretty bad rotation.

#19 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted November 22, 2012 - 04:18 AM

Washington is in a bad spot... OUCH...
AJ Price is not so terrible, he had his moments over the last couple years... Pargo was cut i believe...

Greivis Vasquez is 4th in the NBA in assists per game...
So... i cannot be that mean to him... but, have a baseball player as your backup is unacceptable (LOL)

I mean seriously!
i would almost take Allen Iverson, and Gilbert Areneas as our 2 PGs over Morris/Duhon (im clearly joking... but maybe not that much)

#20 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 07:45 AM

I would take Iverson. No defense (although better than Nash on that end), but he would actually be slobbering with the kind of talent we have on this team, and he would rain buckets until teams were forced to defend him better.

Morris plays out of control like that, and Duhon isn't that kind of a player, at all. Neither is Blake.

Arenas would just take 21-foot jumpers the entire time, even if he had the lane open, so a big NO to him.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users