#681 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Pau was terrible defensively, just absolutely horrid. Not only was he late on all his rotations (like usual), but he was getting beaten off the dribble by Cousins at the end and Jason Thompson was backing him in all the way from 8 feet out. Just horrid defense from him. Our interior was so weak tonight.

Honestly, I was expecting this loss. The Kings always step it up against us in SAC, we had a game last night, and the Kings were on a 5 game losing streak to this point. The fact that we were still in it so late was almost shocking to me based on how terrible we were all night long.

It's totally not shocking at all how bad we lost this game watching this team disappoint us numerous times for the past few seasons. However, I wasn't expecting a loss cause I was thinking, you know, maybe they would come out with some energy and get our first road win...

Edited by LakersChamps243, November 21, 2012 - 09:55 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#682 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:53 PM

The KINGS to their credit played very good defense on Dwight to keep him offensively out of the game and it ultimately wouldn't have mattered if our interior defense was on point. Cousins had 7 points(4 on Pau in the final pivotal moments of the game) so Dwight played him pretty well and shut down his offense.

The kings got key offensive rebounds on us and took advantage of Pau not being able to play defense.

Teams scouting reports on us is to take it to Pau in some way shape or form while Dwight isn't 100% and it's working.

Pau is either gonna need to somewhat commit on defense or get traded. I don't care if Josh Smith gave us 10-12 point nights at the very least he wouldn't allow or have anything to do with a 50 points in the paint game with Dwight behind him

Pau was terrible defensively, just absolutely horrid. Not only was he late on all his rotations (like usual), but he was getting beaten off the dribble by Cousins at the end and Jason Thompson was backing him in all the way from 8 feet out. Just horrid defense from him. Our interior was so weak tonight.

Honestly, I was expecting this loss. The Kings always step it up against us in SAC, we had a game last night, and the Kings were on a 5 game losing streak to this point. The fact that we were still in it so late was almost shocking to me based on how terrible we were all night long.

Pau plays defense like he doesn't care or he expects Dwight to bail him out. Seriously if you take one step to Pau's left or right he lets you go by. It's so predictable by now.

The bright side is that even in this loss, the performance of Jodie Meeks could FINALLY convince him to be that role that D'antoni asks him to be.

Edited by Majesty, November 21, 2012 - 09:55 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#683 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:58 PM

Pau was garbage, but him playing better defense alone isn't going to make things better. The Kings got inside the paint at will, and there's nothing Pau can do about that.

The Lakers have a huge speed disadvantage at 1-4, and that's not going to fix itself.

Posted Image

#684 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,850 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Kobe cant be burned like this and lose, i blame him for those TO and 2 open threes though.

the press should be realistic and put "Kobe lose to Kings" as a headline.

Nash should help a lot when he comes.. The burden on kobe is too much.

#685 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:08 PM

None of the Kings players really played that poorly. They were on a losing streak, had a few days off and went up against an old team on the second night of a back to back. The excuse is there, but I still felt the Lakers lost this game more than the Kings won it.

Steve Nash will certainly give a boost to this offense, but there are certain players who he may simply not be able to give a boost to if the effort isn't there.

#686 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:11 PM

Wow, was that game [expletive]ing painful to watch or what? Typical no-hearted Lakers get smacked around like a hooker not paying her pimp. That [expletive] was [expletive]ing embarrassing.

#687 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:17 PM

Wow, was that game [expletive]ing painful to watch or what? Typical no-hearted Lakers get smacked around like a hooker not paying her pimp. That [expletive] was [expletive]ing embarrassing.

The sad thing is that we've gotten used to watching to it

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#688 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:21 PM

Lakers can never seem to win against the Kings this season -_-

I couldn't watch the game, so I'll ask this : Why does Dwight only have 4fg attempts?

Did Cousins go super saiyan or something?

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#689 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,789 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:34 PM

he didn't seem to be working all that hard on both ends of the floor. my guess is that he's spent from last night's game, cuz he's not really the type to take games off.

2div

#690 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 22, 2012 - 01:39 AM

Lakers can never seem to win against the Kings this season -_-

I couldn't watch the game, so I'll ask this : Why does Dwight only have 4fg attempts?

Did Cousins go super saiyan or something?

never really had position to get the ball.

#691 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 22, 2012 - 06:53 AM

Typical Laker loss in Sacramento. I wonder when will be the next time the Lakers win there.

Edited by Nak, November 22, 2012 - 06:53 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#692 N4R

N4R

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Name:Alek Thunder
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Nash

Posted November 22, 2012 - 01:54 PM

Full match video:
http://prognoz-na-sp.../2012-11-22-965

0 user(s) are reading this topic