124 replies to this topic

#101 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 17, 2012 - 01:32 PM

Ireland said on 710 Lakers making calls trying to get a shooter

The only shooter out there who can play a little bit of SG/SF/PF and might be available is Linas Kleiza. He has a reasonable contract $4.6 mil this year and next year

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#102 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 01:36 PM

The only shooter out there who can play a little bit of SG/SF/PF and might be available is Linas Kleiza. He has a reasonable contract $4.6 mil this year and next year

He's shot pretty poorly this year

Posted Image

#103 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 17, 2012 - 01:55 PM

I liked Kleiza when he played for the nuggets but he's garbage now

#104 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 01:56 PM

34% is not that bad considering he doesn't play next to anyone who commands a lot of attention on the floor he will get a lot of open shots here, id rather have him shooting 3s than Ebanks as backup to Ron

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#105 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 01:57 PM

Dropping 17 points last week vs Clippers and 20 points a few days ago vs Dallas is garbage eh

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#106 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:01 PM

Kyle Singler would be another cheap option.

I wish we could get Korver though

#107 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:10 PM

MDI besides shooting what other intangibles does he bring for the lakers? can he be a playmaker when Nash and Kobe aren't on the floor? can he draw a lot of fouls? and can he finish at the rim?

he's shooting 34% that's bad for a player who primary job is just to shoot the ball

#108 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:11 PM

Kyle Singler would be another cheap option.

I wish we could get Korver though

I like Singler even though he can be inconsistent at times but I doubt the pistons are going to part ways with him and I doubt the Lakers have him on their radar....

I like Korver too but idk if we could take another player with horrific defense

#109 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:12 PM

I like Singler even though he can be inconsistent at times but I doubt the pistons are going to part ways with him and I doubt the Lakers have him on their radar....

I like Korver too but idk if we could take another player with horrific defense

Well unfortunately shooters are just that and nothing else.

#110 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:13 PM

i hate korver

Pau Gasol is GONE

#111 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:30 PM

MDI besides shooting what other intangibles does he bring for the lakers? can he be a playmaker when Nash and Kobe aren't on the floor? can he draw a lot of fouls? and can he finish at the rim?

he's shooting 34% that's bad for a player who primary job is just to shoot the ball

If he can shoot he can have a rotation spot here. He doesn't need to be a playmaker or great defender, he was never one. All he has to do is playing 15 mins a game and space the floor, nothing more, thats what a bench player who can fit in our system can provide. If he can shoot 34% without a guy who can draw attention he can shoot much better here next to Kobe, Dwight, Nash.

Right now Ron is playing well but at the PF spot ,once Gasol and Hill are back Ron will only play the 3 spot which is fine but hes playing too many mins there. If hes having a bad game we need an alternative who can provide some relief, Kleiza is exactly that

Just ask what Peja did with the Mavs in 2011, he helped them win Game 3 and 4 vs us all he did was sit in a corner and shoot 3s coming off the bench. Didnt defend, didnt make plays, didnt do nothing else. There is a specific need for this team and Kleiza can address that

Edited by MDI, December 17, 2012 - 02:40 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#112 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 03:08 PM

If he can shoot he can have a rotation spot here. He doesn't need to be a playmaker or great defender, he was never one. All he has to do is playing 15 mins a game and space the floor, nothing more, thats what a bench player who can fit in our system can provide. If he can shoot 34% without a guy who can draw attention he can shoot much better here next to Kobe, Dwight, Nash.

Right now Ron is playing well but at the PF spot ,once Gasol and Hill are back Ron will only play the 3 spot which is fine but hes playing too many mins there. If hes having a bad game we need an alternative who can provide some relief, Kleiza is exactly that

Just ask what Peja did with the Mavs in 2011, he helped them win Game 3 and 4 vs us all he did was sit in a corner and shoot 3s coming off the bench. Didnt defend, didnt make plays, didnt do nothing else. There is a specific need for this team and Kleiza can address that

and besides jodie meeks how many shooters have we brought in who instantly forgot how to shoot once they put on a Lakers jersey? and 34% IS NOT GOOD enough for us to sign him I'm sorry we need a person who can change the Dynamic of the team

#113 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,158 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 17, 2012 - 05:37 PM

Dropping 17 points last week vs Clippers and 20 points a few days ago vs Dallas is garbage eh

Pau Gasol began this season with 28 and 24 points I believe.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#114 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 17, 2012 - 06:28 PM

the lakers are idiots when it comes to assessing the teams needs of role players. why get another shooter for the 2nd unit,when the 2nd unit already has no player to create for shooters????
and why did we pick up jodie meeks, too,,,why pick up shooters if they arent going to play with nash and dwight. the FO needs to hire me

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#115 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Pau Gasol began this season with 28 and 24 points I believe.

what does that have to do with anything

If you're talking about my sig no I dont think Pau is garbage, its for superstitious purposes, only OG members of TLN know why

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#116 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:01 PM

and besides jodie meeks how many shooters have we brought in who instantly forgot how to shoot once they put on a Lakers jersey? and 34% IS NOT GOOD enough for us to sign him I'm sorry we need a person who can change the Dynamic of the team

UH its a short term contract. He expires next year, if it doesn't work out it aint hard to get rid of him. Thats the business side of things its ok you're not too bright to consider that

we need a person who can change the Dynamic of the team

And this line is just stupid :laughing:

Hes supposed to be a bench player, he addresses one need, we have 4 Hall of Famers they're supposed to be dynamic you put the guys around them who help them be dynamic not take the ball away from them and try to do too much

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#117 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:11 PM

UH its a short term contract. He expires next year, if it doesn't work out it aint hard to get rid of him. Thats the business side of things its ok you're not too bright to consider that

And this line is just stupid :laughing:

Hes supposed to be a bench player, he addresses one need, we have 4 Hall of Famers they're supposed to be dynamic you put the guys around them who help them be dynamic not take the ball away from them and try to do too much

It would be dumb to throw a player money who will probably be on the end of the bench collecting a paycheck not contributing anything to this team why are you like a shooter who only shoots 34% I have no idea he has nothing else to bring and will do nothing for this team

and bench players are supposed to be a spark off the bench either if it's on the defensive or offensive end... and right now we have no bench players who can run the offense let alone score consistently..

signing him would bring another player who can't shoot or play defense...

#118 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:13 PM

It would be dumb to throw a player money who will probably be on the end of the bench collecting a paycheck not contributing anything to this team why are you like a shooter who only shoots 34% I have no idea he has nothing else to bring and will do nothing for this team

and bench players are supposed to be a spark off the bench either if it's on the defensive or offensive end... and right now we have no bench players who can run the offense let alone score consistently..

signing him would bring another player who can't shoot or play defense...

1st of all whats the use of a shooter when we dont have players(in that unit) to create for that shooter
2nd - klaza is not a shooter,,hes definetely more of a scorer(not a great one at all) , but the 2nd unit could use more of a scorer than a shooter. id trade for him, and sign delonte

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#119 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:20 PM

I have no idea

yup you dont

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#120 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:36 PM

If you're talking about my sig no I dont think Pau is garbage, its for superstitious purposes, only OG members of TLN know why

that's not gonna work

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users