#81 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,393 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:07 PM

Only thing I don't like about our bench is we just rely on the 3 ball. If our bench guys are hitting 3's they are damn good, and if not they blow (ala the Indiana game)

#82 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,393 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:07 PM

Only thing I don't like about our bench is we just rely on the 3 ball. If our bench guys are hitting 3's they are damn good, and if not they blow (ala the Indiana game)

#83 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,423 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:11 PM

What to do with the bench is be patient until the lineup is complete and we can all see the actual rotation for some games.

I know calling for patience is a rash suggestion, but let's see what happens before we condemn.

#84 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:49 PM

The bench is supposed to give you a spark any way possible.

Fans can't complain about there being no production but then when they finally produce, fans don't like the way they do it? That doesn't make sense.

Fact is we don't have a Jason Terry, Manu Ginobili, or Jamaal Crawford who can go out consistently and make an impact. If it means shooting threes, then so be it. I'd rather have us shoot threes and risk going cold from time to time (happens to all benches) rather then us be consistently bad trying to run sets.

We have shooters on this team, it's the right style for them.

#85 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 01, 2012 - 12:16 AM

The bench is supposed to give you a spark any way possible.

Fans can't complain about there being no production but then when they finally produce, fans don't like the way they do it? That doesn't make sense.

Fact is we don't have a Jason Terry, Manu Ginobili, or Jamaal Crawford who can go out consistently and make an impact. If it means shooting threes, then so be it. I'd rather have us shoot threes and risk going cold from time to time (happens to all benches) rather then us be consistently bad trying to run sets.

We have shooters on this team, it's the right style for them.

I would disagree with that statement. I believe Antawn Jamison can go out there and consistently make an impact. He's still a terrific scorer in this league. You've seen these last few games him really getting more and more comfortable. He's not a great shooter, but when he's hot watch out. He's very good in the low post. Has an array of unorthodox yet very effective moves down there and also very good at moving without the basketball.
htCCl0m.png

#86 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted December 01, 2012 - 02:03 AM

Not just saying this because they JUST had a great night. But if you look at these guys' stats from the Mike Brown days and afterwards, its like night and day. I think Jodie Meeks was 2 for 5 from three with Brown. Under D'Antoni he's 15/28 so far. Damn near same amount of games too.

Our bench is solid under the Mike D'Antoni system. If there's ANYTHING we need, its either a better backup PG or a replacement for Pau. Because other than that, no one is having any true issues and it will only get better once Nash returns.

Ever since they told Jamison to be more aggresive, he's been great. Sure he had a night or two where he was off, but so has Lamar, Ginobli, Crawford, and any other good 6th man. And Meeks is a streaky shooter. But as long as you give him a green light, he's always a threat off the bench.

I think Hill is a guy that can be in danger of being added to a trade package. He's not exactly best friends with D'Antoni and his lack of offense hurts his PT.
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#87 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,423 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted December 01, 2012 - 02:42 AM

Duhon is Nash's back-up. The guy plays very well under D'Antoni and the team thrives with him on the court.

#88 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 01, 2012 - 03:35 AM

They are inconsistent. Probably the bench will score 20-25 points next game.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#89 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,810 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 03:36 AM

Duhon is Nash's back-up. The guy plays very well under D'Antoni and the team thrives with him on the court.

He's more comfortable with the offense because of familiarity...

I agree that we can't really constructively criticize the bench yet. They have to get time in REAL rotations once Nash returns. I am one of the few who believes that their shooting will actually get BETTER as the season progresses. We have shooters...Nash/Kobe/MWP as starters and Meeks/Jamison as backups...we have pick and pop players (Pau and Hill/Jamison).

There is only one position I'm still not sold completely on and that SF. MWP is playing better defensively and shooting well from deep but when he has an off game, we get nothing from that position.

I'm still keeping quiet about Pau...many think he'll be fine once Nash returns, so we will see. Does he look fine now? LOL...no...but better in spurts...so that's something.

If we had just signed BARBOSA...

#90 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 02:43 PM

His defense is HORRIBLE and there's nothing you can really rely on him for night in and night out

#91 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 01, 2012 - 03:24 PM

Damn Meeks 3PT % went from 31% to 41% after last nights game

#92 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,904 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 01, 2012 - 03:42 PM

Damn Meeks 3PT % went from 31% to 41% after last nights game

Because he shot 87% from three last night.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#93 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,592 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 01, 2012 - 04:27 PM

His defense is HORRIBLE and there's nothing you can really rely on him for night in and night out

Duhon played good defense last night. He also had 8 assists with 1 TO.

Morris was average with 3 assists and 2 TOs.

#94 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 11:19 PM

Duhon played good defense last night. He also had 8 assists with 1 TO.

Morris was average with 3 assists and 2 TOs.

I thought we were talking about Duhon and as hot as Meeks and Jamison was he only ended up with 8 huh? He sounds like an all star

#95 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,740 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted December 01, 2012 - 11:37 PM

Duhon is not better than Morris. Stop judgin it by 1 game. if he was better than Morris then he would be starting.........................

Edited by Carpe Diem, December 01, 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#96 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:51 PM

Mickael Pietrus with 23 points tonight in Sacramento...wtf why didn't we get this guy

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#97 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:58 PM

Duhon is not better than Morris. Stop judgin it by 1 game. if he was better than Morris then he would be starting.........................

Well this is awkward

#98 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,354 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2012 - 10:16 PM

Meeks and Jamison have already started to prove why this bench is MUCH better than last season's bench. Hill leaves it all on the floor when he plays and either Morris or Duhon look like they wouldn't play like absolute trash when they run the backup 1. The one glaring need would be the 3, Ebanks looks like he'll always be 'developing' and I'm sure everyone would love to have a younger, more athletic wing that could defend, attack the rim, and hit the 3. But for now, our bench is solid.

#99 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,592 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 05, 2012 - 10:20 PM

Lol

#100 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,904 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 05, 2012 - 10:49 PM

What Morris showed tonight in the 2nd half when Kobe finally got to him about stopping trying to play hero ball and Morris deferred and waited to be fed for three pointers, he was effective and showed he would be better placed on the bench where he's not asked to do much.

Morris does best when he defers, makes smart passes when he drives, and waits for spot up threes to come his way. Trying to do anything else leads to overdribbling and turnovers. So he should remain on the bench, if he can give what he gave in the end half NOT THE FIRST then he'll be fine. If he tries to do what he did in the Rockets game, and the first half of the Hornets game he'll only do damage.

So hopefully Morris stays with the way he was in the 2nd half when he;s with the 2nd unit instead of the former.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users