116 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,698 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 20, 2012 - 01:53 AM

“Hopefully people will talk about it a little bit and sing his praises a little bit. He’s not the type to toot his own horn, so, I think it’s important for Los Angeles to kind of pay their respects for what he’s done for this franchise. He kind of goes under the radar, slips under the mat for whatever reason. He’s a fantastic player.”

— Kobe Bryant on Pau Gasol reaching 15,000 points.

I really admire Pau and I want him to be a Lakers for a long time. I hate it how some of you are pushing anf fooling around him off the last couple of days. Its so funny because we are playing amazingly basketball since Mike Brown was released and since the new system of DAntoni got over. So the funny thing is, that there are sitll some of you guys who are whining and want an new PF on this position. Just tell me why? Just because Pau CAN NOT play solidly defense? Or just because he socres 10 in one quarter and finishes the game with 12? Its so stupid

You gotta learn to appreciate for what Pau does. He is still fighting in his heart and he is still happy to be part of this organisation. WHO CARES if he is just an 15 PPG player now? Really we dont need him to be the 2nd Star anymore. Dwight is there. Steve is there. God damn, even Metta is there (Kobe is Superstar). So I dont know why you are still bothering yourself! Just enjoy our journey right now because I believe we are building on a great streak the next days with this team!

And if there still are some of you who dont like him for any reason, they can totally have my respect but also I will not try to fall in discussions with this because its just ridicilous after all what Pau did for this team and for this organisation and he [expletive]ing brought us 2 titles! I know you always say forget the history but its FACT!!!!!

will always like Pau.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 20, 2012 - 02:55 AM

LOL...appreciate does not mean "do not trade".

#3 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2012 - 02:58 AM

Pau is a good player with a lot of skill, but I am questioning whether he is the best fit for this team given the roster, new system, etc...

#4 Rad

Rad

• 1,644 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 03:12 AM

Pau is a good player with a lot of skill, but I am questioning whether he is the best fit for this team given the roster, new system, etc...

I agree. Guess we'll see as the season progresses.

#5 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,698 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 20, 2012 - 03:13 AM

Then name me a better PF who FITS in this system! COME ON -.-

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#6 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,378 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2012 - 03:14 AM

LOL...appreciate does not mean "do not trade".

I'm pretty sure Kobe will be pissed as [expletive] if we trade Pau ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#7 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,353 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 20, 2012 - 04:12 AM

Manaro, stop with your love obsession of Pau... it's disgusting we don't need a thread everyday of your support of Pau Gasol. WE GET IT

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#8 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 20, 2012 - 04:32 AM

I've been saying all along that he is a great compliment to D12. Once they gel people will see how important having a legitimate 7 footer on the court really is. Especially a long one who can shoot free throws. When D12, Pau and JHill figure out their defensive rotations then you'll see. Now, Is Pau is worth 19 Mil?? Is Kobe worth almost 30 mil?? If we could trade Kobe due to his contract killing our payroll should we?? I DON'T THINK SO. Instead of being worried about our PF you should be trying to figure out our non-athletic SF situation. We have a great core of Big Men

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 20, 2012 - 05:35 AM

Kobe "supported" Mike Brown, also.

#10 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2012 - 05:50 AM

and look what happened :D
Posted Image

#11 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 20, 2012 - 06:33 AM

Kobe "supported" Mike Brown, also.

So all Pau needs is a special portion of Backstage: Lakers now then?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#12 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:41 AM

So all Pau needs is a special portion of Backstage: Lakers now then?

Nah, Pau's rotations are already horrible enough.
Posted Image

#13 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,907 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 20, 2012 - 08:27 AM

I love Pau and he is a great guy,great teammate,but face it Manaro,he is past his prime. I would love that he starts playing again like he did,and certainly hoped he will after he demolished USA "centers" in Olympics final,and after playing good all tournament,but once season started,he was back to his old Pau from last two seasons.

Edited by Dr. Jekyll, November 20, 2012 - 08:28 AM.

Impossible is nothing.

#14 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 20, 2012 - 09:01 AM

If he plays like he did when it was the Pau and Kobe show, I'd love for him to stay. He was traded though, then it was vetoed, then Bynum was the number two, now there's Dwight and there will be Nash, so he's kind of fading out of the spotlight and it shows with his play. He needs to have the mentality that it's still the Pau and Kobe show. Even if he only gets 8-10 shots, he needs to be aggressive because he's a great passer and always makes the right decision. When he's being passive, he starts to make bad decisions, gets pushed around, looks lost in the offense. When he plays with a purpose he's great. He has rarely done that recently though.

#15 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 20, 2012 - 09:10 AM

lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#16 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 20, 2012 - 09:24 AM

Then name me a better PF who FITS in this system! COME ON -.-

K-Love, Aldridge, Paul Milsap, Dirk, and thats just a few.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#17 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,353 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 20, 2012 - 09:49 AM

Posted Image

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#18 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:04 AM

I'm pretty sure Kobe will be pissed as [expletive] if we trade Pau ..

As long as they bring in someone who is a better fit and plays defense, Kobe won't mind. He's all about winning.

He is politically correct and supports a teammate but what do you expect? If Kobe didn't rebel when they didn't hire Phil, I'm pretty sure he won't cause a fuss if they trade Pau.

Myth - Busted.

#19 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:18 AM

Carl Landry
Brandon Bass
Josh Smith
David Lee
KG
Kris Humphries
Anderson Varejao
Ryan Anderson (stretch 4)

Not all of those players are better than Pau, just better for this system and team. KG is long in the tooth...but he could help us for 1 year. All others would be cheaper and brings something to the table Pau doesn't; outside shooting, defense at the rim, consistent defensive intensity, great P&R D, etc.

This team is moving in a different direction. Keeping Pau cold work to our advantage should Dwight get hurt but that's not something we should worry about right now. With the way Dwight's post game is coming along, Pau's becoming a luxury we don't need to win and win consistently.

From what I've seen, they are making an effort to feature DWIGHT'S post game, not Pau's. Even when Pau is in there with the bench, the offense is not run thru him. Without a reliance on Pau's offense and his terrible showing on the defensive end, what does he bring? He's a decoy? $20M decoy?

Move him while we can. Get some smaller less talented pieces that fit and move on.

#20 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:19 AM

Kobe can appreciate him still when he is wearing another jersey.

Please do not forget he also supported Mike Brown and we all saw what happened.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users