haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 20, 2012 - 03:15 PM

This is a joke right!?

Not at all and I've been watching Grant Hill play for years. He's 40 years old on a young run and gun team.....He will be the Derek Fisher of the Lakers, giving advice and support for a young team. Nothing bad with that. That's why OKC brought in Fisher last year.

Of course though Billups will be great for the team when he returns.

Its funny because the Clippers actually have an older team than us statistically but there starting 5 is the young ones.

Edited by haztronic, November 20, 2012 - 03:18 PM.

DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,454 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 20, 2012 - 03:47 PM

You really can't say that till post All-Star break a lot of teams either struggle into the playoffs or turn on that "switch" and start building momentum for the playoffs

they have a 'switch'?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#43 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 20, 2012 - 05:00 PM

Grant Hill will do nothing for them except be a cheerleader, he's getting older and injured more plus he will get very limited playing time with them when he comes back.

He's easily their best perimeter defender. Matt Barnes will be the odd guy out.

Against teams with elite wing players, I could even see Hill playing more than Butler.

Posted Image

#44 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:03 PM

They won't be winning anything if they can't improve their D. They're like 25th in the league on D.

Edited by JSaber20, November 20, 2012 - 07:04 PM.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#45 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:09 PM

Why are you guys surprised these guys are a great team. They have a great bench probably one of the best benches in the NBA and have the best PG/ clutch player in the league.
Posted Image

#46 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:31 PM

They won't be winning anything if they can't improve their D. They're like 25th in the league on D.

3rd

25th was last year
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#47 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:41 PM

OPP FG%, Clippers are 2nd in the NBA allowing 42% FG
OPP PPG, Clippers are 7th in the NBA allowing 92.6 PPG

Pau Gasol is GONE

#48 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,095 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:42 PM

the crappers always come down to earth. Somebody's gonna break a leg a hand or something

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#49 MTTN

MTTN

Rookie

• 40 posts
  • Name:Matt

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:09 PM

The clippers have formed a really good team this year. The a very deep team with a very good bench. I have always been a fan of jamal crawford game and now people see how underrated he is in the nba. now that blake griffin and chris paul got a year under there belt they are playing much better. theyre team is full of unselfish veterans but i hope matt barnes shows up in the playoffs for them this year because i was his biggest supporter but he never showed up in the playoffs.Chris paul if he does not get injured hes going to lead them deep into the playoffs.

#50 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:10 PM

Not at all and I've been watching Grant Hill play for years. He's 40 years old on a young run and gun team.....He will be the Derek Fisher of the Lakers, giving advice and support for a young team. Nothing bad with that. That's why OKC brought in Fisher last year.

Of course though Billups will be great for the team when he returns.

Its funny because the Clippers actually have an older team than us statistically but there starting 5 is the young ones.

Grant Hill is still a productive player and was playing great in Phoenix for a lil bit so I can't agree with that statement

#51 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,803 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 20, 2012 - 11:31 PM

One thing I am truly jealous of the Clippers is how their offense works. I'm sure all of us will agree that their offensive game plan is pretty much garbage. Chris Paul is so good that he makes it work. If they didn't have their shooters lighting it up, they wouldn't have those great wins. I haven't looked at the numbers, but just from watching the Clipper games from time to time - they shoot A LOT of 3's. Caron shoots the ball almost every time he gets it. Wait until Billups gets back - they'll be way more dangerous.

What I've noticed from this season is that the Clippers are over the hype of alley oops and dunking every chance they get. Sure, Blake still finishes strongly, but he's really made sure to take of his shooting and back to the basket game. He might be a real superstar in the coming years if he continues at this pace.

Aside from shooting lights out, the Clippers have Crawford basically throwing up shots that he's simply not supposed to make. He's really playing incredibly. Anytime the Clippers are lost on offense, which is a lot of the time, Crawford bails them out successfully.

The Clippers FO did a great job of mixing in youth with their veterans to make a savvy squad. They are definitely built to wear out teams in the playoffs with their depth.

Imagine a playoff matchup where the bench involves Crawford, Bledsoe, Grant Hill, Lamar Odom, and Billups. If their bench was a starting lineup in the NBA - and healthy - they'd probably still be competing for a playoff spot.

Another HUGE plus for the Clippers has been DeAndre Jordan. Before, you just had to keep him off the offensive glass and disrupt the lob pass. Now, he's developed an offensive game. With his length, he makes it very scary to go up against, especially with a wide open Chris Paul and Caron Butler when you clog the paint against Blake Griffin and Jordan.

When defending the Clippers, you either have to clog the paint, holding your own against Blake, DeAndre, and any penetration from CP3 or Crawford. If you do this though, you give up numerous shots to all their shooters. Check out the Miami game, Caron was open all night. If you open up the defense and guard the 3 ball, you let CP3 work off the dribble and with Blake and DeAndre down low, CP3 will dish out double digit assists in very, very quickly.

Props to the Clippers. Hopefully they are eliminated before we have to deal with them later on.

#52 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 21, 2012 - 01:01 AM

They've played well to this point, but I don't see them sustaining this kind of play through the rest of the season. Jamal Crawford is playing great basketball right now, FAR more efficient than he has ever been in his career. His best FG% ever (right around 50%), 2nd highest 3PT% of his career, and he's putting up 20 ppg, which he's only done two other times in his career. TS% is nearly 10% higher than it has ever been in his entire career.

I just don't see him continuing to play with that kind of efficiency, I'd be shocked tbh. Once he comes back down to normal, the Clippers will be a lot easier to deal with for the opposition.

#53 haztronic

haztronic

• 336 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 05:39 PM

Can anybody tell me as well how the Clipper team costs less than ours when we have so many bad bench players and you look at the Clips who have a deeeeep bench with great bench players.

#54 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,535 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 21, 2012 - 06:27 PM

Can anybody tell me as well how the Clipper team costs less than ours when we have so many bad bench players and you look at the Clips who have a deeeeep bench with great bench players.

Can you tell me why you care about the clippers so much?

#55 haztronic

haztronic

• 336 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:12 PM

Can you tell me why you care about the clippers so much?

? Because they share the same city as us, the same arena and now they seem to be better than us. Sorry for caring about wanting to have the best team in Los Angeles. Obviously you don't care if the Clippers have a better record than us because I do care. I want the Lakers to demolish the clippers year after year and be the dominant team of LA.

Edited by haztronic, November 21, 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#56 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:10 AM

They've now lost 3 in a row

They're 8-5 and we're 7-7...we're 6-3 since Brown got fired

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#57 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,784 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:31 AM

[expletive] the clippers!

my boys from the south gave em a beating today

Edited by androsays, November 25, 2012 - 01:31 AM.

2div

#58 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:10 AM

They've played well to this point, but I don't see them sustaining this kind of play through the rest of the season. Jamal Crawford is playing great basketball right now, FAR more efficient than he has ever been in his career. His best FG% ever (right around 50%), 2nd highest 3PT% of his career, and he's putting up 20 ppg, which he's only done two other times in his career. TS% is nearly 10% higher than it has ever been in his entire career.

I just don't see him continuing to play with that kind of efficiency, I'd be shocked tbh. Once he comes back down to normal, the Clippers will be a lot easier to deal with for the opposition.

Almost right on cue. Over his last 4 games, Crawford has shot only 36% from the field, back down to an average 33% from beyond the arc, and is only putting up 14 ppg. Clippers have gone 1-3, barely pulling out that single W against the Spurs in the final minute of a tight game.

#59 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 04:14 PM

I hate the clippers because of their fanbase moreso than the actual team. A ton of ignorance

Yes there is the occasional smart clipper fan but then you have the 20 other fans who post more about the lakers on twitter and FB than the clippers.

Posted Image

#60 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,679 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 04:47 PM

I hate the clippers because of their fanbase moreso than the actual team. A ton of ignorance

Yes there is the occasional smart clipper fan but then you have the 20 other fans who post more about the lakers on twitter and FB than the clippers.

Lol, yeah.

All they do is smack talk Lakers fans for having no knowledge of basketball.

:laughing:

MMiRi9s.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users