80 replies to this topic

#21 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 19, 2012 - 11:51 PM

You can take Chi and Portland off that list and we were terrible when they beat us everybody could beat us during that stretch. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Clips their playing great I just don't see them as the clear cut best in the league right now I think Memphis and NY are playing just as well on both ends.

Us? Ok I get that. But Chi is still a solid playoff team that you can't just overlook. Mainly because of their coaching. And in Portland on the 2nd end of a back-to-back is not the easiest thing to do. Just my opinions though....
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#22 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:12 AM

Glad to see you guys "enjoying" the Clippers (if you will), and it's good that the Lakers have caught back up and are looking like they're back in stride, the storm from LA is coming and it's a two headed monster, I like it. Our city is going to do some major damage in the playoffs.

Cheers guys

No I don't like this, I'll take the Clips winning the chip over Miami/Boston but it will still hurt to see them hang their first banner at staples after all the fun years of them being our punching bag.

The two headed monster may devour anything in its path but eventually one head will turn and eat the other...

#23 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:21 AM

I just cant imagine Clippers winning a championship. ITS THE CLIPPERS

Edited by Lakers4Life, November 20, 2012 - 12:21 AM.

Laker fan for life.

#24 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,413 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:21 AM

The Clippers are wanting to establish that there is another team in L.A. that can be a contender, and they are doing a good job at it so far.

Their bench is what makes them good.

Kudos to them.

MMiRi9s.png

#25 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:33 AM

They should have stayed in San Diego. No matter if they win a championship, LA will always be a Laker town.
DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#26 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 02:56 AM

They should have stayed in San Diego. No matter if they win a championship, LA will always be a Laker town.

This. No matter what they do. Lakers will always be bigger than the clippers!!
Laker fan for life.

#27 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 06:41 AM

So this question has been posed. If you are the Clippers and win the division this year, do you hang a banner in Staples? (That would be more hilarious than not having ANY lol) Or how about if they win the Western Conference?

#28 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,019 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 20, 2012 - 06:50 AM

Yeh thats what I meant by my comment, they look like #1 by the way they are playing. Sucks to be honest haha

How did they look when they nearly lost a 30 point lead and got beat by Cleveland?

Like I said, they won't be as impressive come mid season and will make 4th/5th seed at best.

They owned the Thunder all of last year and didn't make a splash in the playoffs.

The nuggets beat the Grizzlies at home. The Pistons destroyed the Celtics.

I wait till the 20th game when teams are finding their grooves to judge.

Edited by Majesty, November 20, 2012 - 06:58 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#29 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:01 AM

How did they look when they nearly lost a 30 point lead and got beat by Cleveland?

Like I said, they won't be as impressive come mid season and will make 4th/5th seed at best.

They owned the Thunder all of last year and didn't make a splash in the playoffs.

I don't like the Clips but you sound like a hater here.lol Every team has a few WTF games. I mean...MIA lost to Cleveland last year! We've lost some crazy games in our championship years too! (including our first 4 this season ;) ) But we'll see....

#30 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 07:16 AM

The nuggets beat the Grizzlies at home. The Pistons destroyed the Celtics.

I wait till the 20th game when teams are finding their grooves to judge.

They don't have Chauncey Billups or Grant Hill back yet.

#31 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,417 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 20, 2012 - 09:35 AM

I don't like the Clips but you sound like a hater here.lol Every team has a few WTF games. I mean...MIA lost to Cleveland last year! We've lost some crazy games in our championship years too! (including our first 4 this season ;) ) But we'll see....

\
They started off great last year.....doesn't mean anything unless they can keep it up.

#32 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:06 AM

They don't have Chauncey Billups or Grant Hill back yet.

Grant Hill will do nothing for them except be a cheerleader, he's getting older and injured more plus he will get very limited playing time with them when he comes back.
DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#33 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:18 AM

It's awfully early in this season. Clippers are playing very good basketball. I was actually talking to my brother who's a Spurs fan about this yesterday. I told him they aren't the same joke they used to be. Whenever you a guy like Chris Paul you always have a chance. In saying that they're definitely a very good team, but are they a championship caliber team? Way too early to tell.
htCCl0m.png

#34 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:26 AM

They are a good team, with a gameplan built around their best players, and what they do well. They have also drafted good talent, and had vets sign who fit their gameplan. They are a model franchise right now in the NBA

Besides Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin, and getting Bledsoe off a draft day trade I don't think they have drafted that well... they have had a lot of good signings though!

#35 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:26 AM

Grant Hill will do nothing for them except be a cheerleader, he's getting older and injured more plus he will get very limited playing time with them when he comes back.

This is a joke right!?

#36 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:33 AM

How did they look when they nearly lost a 30 point lead and got beat by Cleveland? Like I said, they won't be as impressive come mid season and will make 4th/5th seed at best. They owned the Thunder all of last year and didn't make a splash in the playoffs. The nuggets beat the Grizzlies at home. The Pistons destroyed the Celtics. I wait till the 20th game when teams are finding their grooves to judge.

You really can't say that till post All-Star break a lot of teams either struggle into the playoffs or turn on that "switch" and start building momentum for the playoffs

#37 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:02 PM

Besides Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin, and getting Bledsoe off a draft day trade I don't think they have drafted that well... they have had a lot of good signings though!

Eric Gordon was the key piece that brought them in cp3, and he was also drafted by them

Clippers are a great team this season and, it could be a great playoffs if the clippers and lakers meet up!

#38 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:10 PM

CP3, he turns trash teams into good ones this should surprise no one.

#39 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:15 PM

Jamal Crawford is amazing

#40 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:33 PM

Eric Gordon was the key piece that brought them in cp3, and he was also drafted by them Clippers are a great team this season and, it could be a great playoffs if the clippers and lakers meet up!

Good point I forgot about that.... Gordon was one of my favorite players at one point in time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users