#1 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:01 PM

Guys, they are just about to beat the Spurs on the road. What the heck! How are the playing this frickin good? I wish they'd lose so bad! They've beaten the spurs twice this year, chicago, miami, memphis. I mean damn!
DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#2 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:03 PM

They have a deep squad with some vets not to mention CP3 is one of the best leaders in the game I'm not really surprised honestly I expect them to be good barring injuries.

#3 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,656 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:03 PM

People are underestimating the Clippers. Arguably top 5 in the West.

#4 haztronic

haztronic

• 336 posts

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:04 PM

Top 5? Man right now they are clearly #1 in the league. And I hate to say that. What makes me mad is that their team is cheaper than ours.....

Edited by haztronic, November 19, 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#5 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,656 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:06 PM

Top 5? Man right now they are clearly #1 in the league. And I hate to say that. What makes me mad is that their team is cheaper than ours.....

Saying from an overall perspective, not the current record.

Edited by ツ  , November 19, 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#6 haztronic

haztronic

• 336 posts

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:08 PM

Saying from an overall perspective, not the current record.

Yeh thats what I meant by my comment, they look like #1 by the way they are playing. Sucks to be honest haha

#7 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:32 PM

I wouldn't say clearly number 1 in the league I think Memphis and NY are both playing at the same level as the LAC, but it's still early and all these team could fall off but you gotta give em credit right now

#8 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:32 PM

Good for them its about time LA had another nba team, sorry Clip fans but you were the joke for many years, maybe some respect will be due if you maintain it.

#9 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:54 PM

You are sound like a clipper fan, always worrying about the lakers but vice-versa.

#10 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,520 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:07 PM

There having a fast start. Doesnt always mean thats good though. It will all balance out soon. I think if we played them now without MB we would win

#11 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:13 PM

I've been waiting for this, thanks for the honesty.

I've endured countless Clippers hazing threads with lots of things that I really wanted to reply to, just things that people that didn't watch the Clippers regularly wouldn't catch. But I had faith, I knew you guys are smart.

Of course whenever something happens that doesn't normally happen (Clippers starting well) doubting will happen and that's why I gave everyone the benefit of the doubt. I don't like counting my chickens before they hatch, and I didn't want to start arguments on here (or anywhere else), and I knew that if I just wait a bit the Clippers would prove it themselves.

Glad to see you guys "enjoying" the Clippers (if you will), and it's good that the Lakers have caught back up and are looking like they're back in stride, the storm from LA is coming and it's a two headed monster, I like it. Our city is going to do some major damage in the playoffs.

Cheers guys
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#12 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:14 PM

They're a good team and they're deep. If Blake Griffin and the Clippers' defense are good during the postseason, they can be a contender. Those are my question marks with them.

It's still early, but they look really good.

Posted Image

#13 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:17 PM

They are a good team, with a gameplan built around their best players, and what they do well.

They have also drafted good talent, and had vets sign who fit their gameplan.

They are a model franchise right now in the NBA

#14 haztronic

haztronic

• 336 posts

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:27 PM

I was talking to a family member earlier at the dinner table just after he watched them beat the spurs, and I said that I bet their bench players like Bledsoe will leave next year because he will get better offers and a starting role on other teams because he's playing so well this year (depending of course his contract which I don't know how many years he has on it).

Edited by haztronic, November 19, 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#15 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,135 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:52 PM

Just wait till Blake or CP3 get's injured.

Posted Image

#16 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted November 19, 2012 - 11:09 PM

Best team in the West? I would still pick Memphis as the best team in the West.

#17 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 19, 2012 - 11:27 PM

Clippers are scary good. Its their bench though that is killing teams. Jamal Crawford play and numbers are off the charts if not inflated. However I do not see them maintaining that. Theyll be top 4 in the west for sure this year. I still dont see them getting past the WCF though.
Laker fan for life.

#18 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,116 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted November 19, 2012 - 11:39 PM

Having the best team in franchise history sure helps and just wait till Grandpa Hill and Mr. Big Shot come back.

o9F7jiv.png

#19 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 19, 2012 - 11:39 PM

I wouldn't say clearly number 1 in the league I think Memphis and NY are both playing at the same level as the LAC, but it's still early and all these team could fall off but you gotta give em credit right now

No, they are CLEARLY number one. ....although its early. Their record has not exactly been the easiest. Quality wins against MEM, LAL, Spurs (twice), MIA, CHI, & @ Portland. And BTW, their next game is in OKC. The schedule guy tried to [expletive] them over but they're proving themselves.

One of their losses was against the Warriors in which I thought they tried to take that game off. I personally think that was a wake up call to let them know they have to bring it every night.

I think the top 5 teams in the league are:
1 Clippers
2 Grizzlies
3 Knicks
4 Heat
5 Spurs/Thunder
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#20 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted November 19, 2012 - 11:46 PM

No, they are CLEARLY number one. ....although its early. Their record has not exactly been the easiest. Quality wins against MEM, LAL, Spurs (twice), MIA, CHI, & @ Portland. And BTW, their next game is in OKC. The schedule guy tried to [expletive] them over but they're proving themselves.

One of their losses was against the Warriors in which I thought they tried to take that game off. I personally think that was a wake up call to let them know they have to bring it every night.

I think the top 5 teams in the league are:
1 Clippers
2 Grizzlies
3 Knicks
4 Heat
5 Spurs/Thunder

You can take Chi and Portland off that list and we were terrible when they beat us everybody could beat us during that stretch. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Clips their playing great I just don't see them as the clear cut best in the league right now I think Memphis and NY are playing just as well on both ends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users