23 replies to this topic

#1 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 18, 2012 - 04:58 PM

Check out this comparison between Westbrook and Durant.

http://www.nba.com/a...201213;season=r

What the hell is wrong with Westbrook so far this season!? Why is he (a point guard) averaging 2 more FGA per game than their best player (Durant) who is shooting 51%??? Why is the point guard only allowing his best player to shoot the ball 15 times per game??

I seriously think this is formula for self-destruction. I'm happy because I think they're having some problems, but I feel bad for Durant. He's waay too laid back and its negatively affecting his best years.

I STILL think they only got to the Finals last year as a result of them being young and being in a short season. I don't think they are serious yet, mainly because of Westbrook and especially because they don't have Harden anymore. But thats just me.

I think the Thunder have to make a decision with Westbrook before they can even get back to the Finals again.
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,609 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 18, 2012 - 05:20 PM

Westbrook is similar to Iverson he's a 2 they are forcing to play the 1.

However the difference is that Iverson was allowed to be a 2 for all of his career until they sent him to Denver.

Westbrook for all intents and purposes should play the 2 and shouldn't be relied on to be a true point guard especially with him and Durant.

If the thunder had a true point guard along with Westbrook at the 2 and Durant at the 3 they'd be a much better team. harden not being there hurts them even more because of that.

Westbrook playing the 1 and Durant at the 3 WILL NOT work.

Edited by Majesty, November 18, 2012 - 05:20 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 18, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Iverson and Wb dont even belong in the same convo Iverson one of the GOATS
Posted Image

#4 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,545 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:20 PM

Iverson and Wb dont even belong in the same convo Iverson one of the GOATS

lol

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,243 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 19, 2012 - 10:03 PM

I have said this many times. westbrook is a good player but a horrible teammate. Still think they should have given him the boot and kept harden.

#6 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 19, 2012 - 11:51 PM

I honestly think Harden was a better fit than Westbrook. Harden is naturally an unselfish player and actually has better passes than Westbrook. Its a shame for them, and great for us. So I dont even care.
Laker fan for life.

#7 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,608 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:00 AM

Should've traded Harden for an actual point guard (should've called Toronto) and moved Westbrook to the 2. That's the second problem though.

The first problem was trading Harden and not Westbrook.
iyjywo.jpg

#8 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 02:57 AM

Should've traded Harden for an actual point guard (should've called Toronto) and moved Westbrook to the 2. That's the second problem though.

The first problem was trading Harden and not Westbrook.

Honestly if they traded Westbrook for CP3 when they had the chance. They would have won a championship and going for their 2nd this year.
Laker fan for life.

#9 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,608 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 03:10 AM

CP3 with KD would've been game over.

They should call up Boston and see if they still want to swap Rondo for Westbrook. Not sure if OKC would want to do Green/Rondo for Perk/Westbrook (something Boston has proposed in the past), but I don't see this Westbrook/Durant tandem winning a title.
iyjywo.jpg

#10 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 05:53 AM

They should call up Boston and see if they still want to swap Rondo for Westbrook. Not sure if OKC would want to do Green/Rondo for Perk/Westbrook (something Boston has proposed in the past), but I don't see this Westbrook/Durant tandem winning a title.

I was thinking about Rondo as I posted that CP3 trade. However Westbrook>>>Rondo... Problem with Rondo is his not a scorer at all so OKC will be lacking a LOT on the offensive end. If they still had Harden and traded Westbrook for Rondo, I would be more inclined to do it, But now? no way. Anyways they buried their own grave with stupid decisions. I was baffled when tehy didnt want to even consider trading westbrook for CP3. I was like ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Laker fan for life.

#11 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,545 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 09:37 AM

I was thinking about Rondo as I posted that CP3 trade. However Westbrook>>>Rondo... Problem with Rondo is his not a scorer at all so OKC will be lacking a LOT on the offensive end. If they still had Harden and traded Westbrook for Rondo, I would be more inclined to do it, But now? no way. Anyways they buried their own grave with stupid decisions. I was baffled when tehy didnt want to even consider trading westbrook for CP3. I was like ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Westbrook>>> Rondo??
Lol Rondo is killing it this year. He might not be able to score like Westbrook be can sure as hell pass much better and is a walking triple double.

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 20, 2012 - 11:12 AM

However Westbrook>>>Rondo

Oh my damn

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,848 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 20, 2012 - 11:51 AM

Rondo is just on a different level

Their are a lot of elite point guards in the NBA

But rondo is on another level when it comes to setting people up

#14 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:Kobe/Fisher
  • Fav. Laker:Fisher

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:07 PM

He's passing the ball pretty good this season and is currently top 5 in assist and averaging 20/5/8 but his shooting has been pretty off so far only shooting 40% idk where his jumper from last season went but I think he'll find it as the season goes on.

#15 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 20, 2012 - 10:37 PM

The Celts won't do that, Rondo is arguably the best pure point guard in the league. (20 assist game!)
why would they trade him for (albeit talented) chucker?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#16 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,608 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 11:20 PM

They shouldn't. As of now, things have obviously changed. Trade was offered on Boston's part last November and OKC rejected it for some strange reason.

As far as Westbrook being better than Rondo...no.

Westbrook is younger and a better scorer (for what its's worth with KD on your team). Rondo is an elite playmaker...best in the league. Better defender, better rebounder (he's 3-4 inches shorter) and he's a walking triple double. He gives you everything you need in a point guard. Westbrook is more athletic and they both get to the basket at will. It's just that Rondo's playmaking skills really set him apart from a lot of point guards.

And not to really hate on Westbrook because he's a great player, but when we compare him to other point guards, he doesn't really compete with them because, well, he's not a point guard.

Edited by Massacre, November 20, 2012 - 11:21 PM.

iyjywo.jpg

#17 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,722 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:32 PM

westbrook for rondo trade was offered last year?

if i was the thunders.. i wold take that trade in a heart beat

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#18 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 12:36 PM

Westbrook is now assisting at the third-highest rate in the game, compared to the 14th-highest rate at which he was assisting last season. I mean, this was a guy who was being outdished by Manu Ginobili, and now he's facilitating at higher degree than all but two players in the entire league.

As if that isn't enough, the 12.4 percent of Westbrook's possessions that are ending in turnovers is currently the lowest mark of any player in the NBA assisting on at least 33 percent of their team's hoops while on the floor. And yes, that includes Paul and Rondo.

Westbrook is currently assisting on 44.7 percent of the points scored while he is on the floor.

For those wondering, that's the third highest in the league, right behind Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo and significantly better than Deron Williams, LeBron James, Tony Parker and Ty Lawson—playmakers who all posted a higher assist percentage than Westbrook during the 2011-2012 crusade.

#19 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,545 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:18 PM

Still only shooting 42%

#20 LikeABosh

LikeABosh

Off The Bench

• 2,537 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:31 PM

Still only shooting 42%

He was shooting 40% the 1st time I posted in here so it's been going up. I expect him to get up to 45-46% range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users