Photo

Backup Point Guard

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Poll: Backup PG (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Backup PG

1. Blake (19 votes [26.76%])

Percentage of vote: 26.76%

2. Duhon (4 votes [5.63%])

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

3. Morris (48 votes [67.61%])

Percentage of vote: 67.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:46 PM

He struggles greatly when Kobe and/or Dwight aren't out there with him. Feels like he reverts back to the out-of-control player he was last season and over this summer and in preseason play, and PG's attack him because, simply put, Howard isn't back there waiting for the drive.

Morris can stay on anyone's hip, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can stop them, as you saw with D-Will. Even Brooks got his shots in on Morris, and AB has been horrible shooting the ball this year.

I realize Kobe had seven TO's, but that's more likely to happen because he's the primary option. As the sixth scoring option tonight, Morris should not have had five TO's...but again, if he's not being spoon-fed, he's going to have trouble.

We just really, really need Nash back...sacrifice defense slightly, but he's ten times the passer Morris is, and a better scoring threat as well. That puts Morris back on the bench, where he belongs...even if he is playing as many minutes as Blake (or more).

#142 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,707 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:50 PM

I think Darius should be 2nd unit with Dwight in as well once Nash comes back. He always does better with Dwight on the court. For now hes our best option and he is getting more experience and gaining more confidence. Whether he gives us 3-12 points, or 1-6 assists, we take what he gives us because it's better than our other PG's not named Steve Nash can do.

#143 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,480 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:40 PM

Morris have been about as good as we could have hoped for, but he really needs to come off the bench. At this point his value is probably as high as it's going to get, so perhaps we should look into possible trade options.

#144 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:42 PM

Morris have been about as good as we could have hoped for, but he really needs to come off the bench. At this point his value is probably as high as it's going to get, so perhaps we should look into possible trade options.

Yes lets trade away the young improving player and keep all of the guys who wont get any better. Brilliant Idea.

#145 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:31 PM

Can we play DJO over Duhon?

#146 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,675 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Can we play DJO over Duhon?

LOL.

#147 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted November 23, 2012 - 11:04 PM

Calderon :bow:

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#148 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,707 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:14 PM

Guess who's number 15 on 3pt percentage in the league and is leading our team in 3pt percentage?

#149 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:16 PM

Guess who's number 15 on 3pt percentage in the league and is leading our team in 3pt percentage?

"but he's garbage and he's getting spoon fed from dwight and kobe so let's waive him and bring in Jannero Pargo.. He's a proven veteran and has more upside to play with us since he's a vet!"

-Average ignorant Lakernation post

#150 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,106 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:21 PM

"but he's garbage and he's getting spoon fed from dwight and kobe so let's waive him and bring in Jannero Pargo.. He's a proven veteran and has more upside to play with us since he's a vet!"

A majority of his threes come off of Dwight or passes from Kobe.

You have realized this right?

Morris hasn't created for himself in the iso or off a screen to get himself a three point shot yet this season.

So he is fed by Dwight and by Kobe for his three point shots, it is why he is wide open for them. There's no shame in that, Kobe to Morris for the corner three has become a pretty much set in motion play when Kobe drives to the basket. I much prefer Morris standing over there than Pau tbh.

Edited by Majesty, November 24, 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#151 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:16 PM

Apparently, you don't know how to listen when I tell you to shut up about it, so again, you'll learn.

2011-12: Jordan Farmar (8th in 3PT%) - 44.0%
2008-09: Kelenna Azubuike (4th) - 44.9%
2007-08: Sasha Vujacic (8th) - 43.7%
2006-07: Luther Head (4th) - 44.1%

All four of those guys placed in the top 10 (two in the top FIVE) in 3PT% at the end of the season...not in November.

And what do they all have in common, besides two of them being former Lakers?

They are all former NBA players who are still young enough to play in the league...yet, aren't good enough.

Roasted again. If you want more examples, especially top 15 players in 3PT percentage (because I limited my search, to make it easy on you), let me know. I'm sure I can find a few horrible players in that pile.

#152 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Walter Hermann actually shot 45% or better from three, and hit 2+ threes a night (like Morris)...don't know if you even know him, since he didn't make it as an NBA player.

Right now, Mike Dunleavy Jr. is shooting a higher percentage from three, and attempting more than twice as many.

So is Jordan Hamilton...attempting more, and at a higher percentage...yet, shooting under 40% overall on a Denver Nuggets team without a superstar feeding him.

Brian Cook shot 43%, 40% and 39% as Kobe's teammate.

Shammond Williams shot 40% in 2007, alongside Kobe.

Luke Walton shot 39% that same year (2007) as Kobe's teammate.

If you're wanting to say that Darius Morris is headed down those roads, then super.

#153 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 24, 2012 - 10:45 PM

Lol, Real Deal, how long exactly have you been debating topics like this with CJ?

Other than Morris, I see you two have discussed players like Gerald Green and E'Twaun Moore. Do they all go in the same direction as the Morris debates? lol

#154 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 10:59 PM

Other than Morris, I see you two have discussed players like Gerald Green and E'Twaun Moore. Do they all go in the same direction as the Morris debates? lol

Always. I argue they are mere role players for life, he argues they are all capable starters and contributing pieces to a contending team. Basically any rookie can be a star in his eyes (quoted this not too long ago), as long as they have the right coach and attitude. Not true, but at some point, I can only sit back and shake my head.

I told him I'd walk away from it all if he'd stop calling people out when a favorite player of his has one good game, but he doesn't listen.

#155 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 24, 2012 - 11:25 PM

I told him I'd walk away from it all if he'd stop calling people out when a favorite player of his has one good game, but he doesn't listen.

Hehe.

It sounds like a never ending cycle. A good game here and there just acts like lighter fluid to to a dim flame, sparking another debate. Rinse and repeat haha.

#156 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 05:11 AM

Apparently, you don't know how to listen when I tell you to shut up about it, so again, you'll learn.

2011-12: Jordan Farmar (8th in 3PT%) - 44.0%
2008-09: Kelenna Azubuike (4th) - 44.9%
2007-08: Sasha Vujacic (8th) - 43.7%
2006-07: Luther Head (4th) - 44.1%

All four of those guys placed in the top 10 (two in the top FIVE) in 3PT% at the end of the season...not in November.

And what do they all have in common, besides two of them being former Lakers?

They are all former NBA players who are still young enough to play in the league...yet, aren't good enough.

Roasted again. If you want more examples, especially top 15 players in 3PT percentage (because I limited my search, to make it easy on you), let me know. I'm sure I can find a few horrible players in that pile.

Please I don't care about any of your pointless examples to be honest..... I remember how you said Blake is better than Morris "defensively" and then posted percentages of blake va morris which now are pretty much garbage because after watching a few games from him it's obvious who's defense is better

The sad part people just eat up all these percentages and stats that really don't mean anything...

Besides Gerald Green,,,, all the players I said were good were productive when given minutes...

#157 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 09:53 AM

LMAO, now three-point percentages are irrelevant to you...yet, you quoted someone saying that Darius Morris was top 15 in three-point percentage. WTF?

:clap2:

Three-point percentage represents makes and misses, an EXACT representation of them. Defensive percentages also take into account the other players on the court (you know...when Darius Morris is playing with a defensive anchor). Now you're ignoring 3PT%?

And yes, Blake was a better defender, just like Kobe was the best player in the NBA. Learn what that means.

#158 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,707 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:07 PM

LMAO, now three-point percentages are irrelevant to you...yet, you quoted someone saying that Darius Morris was top 15 in three-point percentage. WTF?

Three-point percentage represents makes and misses, an EXACT representation of them. Defensive percentages also take into account the other players on the court (you know...when Darius Morris is playing with a defensive anchor). Now you're ignoring 3PT%?

And yes, Blake was a better defender, just like Kobe was the best player in the NBA. Learn what that means.

I'd like to say, Kobe Bryant is still the best player in the NBA. He averages 27 points, 5 assist, 5 rebounds, 51% FG at the age of 34. Lebron isn't going to do that, and so isn't KD. Right now with how he's playing Kobe's the best.

#159 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,387 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:11 PM

I'd like to say, Kobe Bryant is still the best player in the NBA. He averages 27 points, 5 assist, 5 rebounds, 51% FG at the age of 34. Lebron isn't going to do that, and so isn't KD. Right now with how he's playing Kobe's the best.

Lebron has averaged that or better the last four years FYI.

It's impressive what Kobe is doing from a efficiently stand point. Not shocked with his stat line at all.

It's okay to say Lebron is the best player in the NBA. It won't kill you.

#160 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:14 PM

:thumbsdown: Kobe is the most skilled all around player in the NBA and he can still shut someone down in the fourth quarter (since thorugh the first 3 quarters they usually have artest gaurd the best player) and is shooting the best fg% of his career... I don't think you can find a player that gives you that intensity and mental toughness for all 4 quarters and is skilled as kobe, deadly in the fourth as kobe, and can score from anywhere at anytime on the court.... He is the best player in the league.... and having an all star pg in Steve Nash and Superstar center in Dwight Howard...

Morris was better than Blake defensively last year... I don't care about what stat you give me.. he was horrible there were so many games where he came in and the other team went on a serious run as soon as he stepped on the floor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users