Photo

Backup Point Guard

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Poll: Backup PG (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Backup PG

1. Blake (19 votes [26.76%])

Percentage of vote: 26.76%

2. Duhon (4 votes [5.63%])

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

3. Morris (48 votes [67.61%])

Percentage of vote: 67.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:22 PM

The garbage sig has done it again :rock:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#82 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Morris did good tonight, but Blake SHOULD get first crack at the backup spot. For those who think Blake is absolute trash and Morris is hands down the better player, Morris should have no problem retaking the backup spot when Blake comes back right?

When Nash and Blake come back he's going back to the bench..... MDT loves Nash and Blake I wish things could have been different but that's the harsh reality of what's going to happen

#83 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:23 PM

in order:
Nash(25 mins)
Blake(15 mins)
Morris(8 mins)
duhan

The coach knows what to do. im thankful morris is playin very calm and relax. just keep it up, might be the next jordan farmar

Not sure if thats a compliment or insult :laughing:
Posted Image

#84 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:44 PM

Morris was 2/3 from 3 tonight and he had 6 assists his last game and you still put Blake over Morris.... Right now your a hater point blank period while everybody gives him props you throw dirt on the lil compliment you give him(even if you consider it one)

If I was a hater, I'd say his two good games (like I said, I only saw five minutes or so of the game tonight, one play where he passed to Dwight for a dunk) doesn't mean jack, and I'd say there's no way he should play over Blake.

I gave him props for the last game in my last post, with his six assists. Looking at his numbers tonight, and not watching 45 minutes of the game yet, it looks like he played well.

Shut up, you little dork. Continue to call me a hater, and you won't be able to post it (or anything) ever again. Trust me. Step out on the ledge if you want a dropkick off of it.

#85 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:50 PM

^^ LMAO

#86 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 10:10 PM

I think CJ's cousin got banned here...if CJ's next, would that be the 1st cousin pairing in forum history to get banned :laughing:

Edited by MDI, November 18, 2012 - 10:10 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#87 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 18, 2012 - 10:12 PM

I think CJ's cousin got banned here...if CJ's next, would that be the 1st cousin pairing in forum history to get banned :laughing:

Who was his cousin?

#88 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,075 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 18, 2012 - 10:37 PM

If I was a hater, I'd say his two good games (like I said, I only saw five minutes or so of the game tonight, one play where he passed to Dwight for a dunk) doesn't mean jack, and I'd say there's no way he should play over Blake.

I gave him props for the last game in my last post, with his six assists. Looking at his numbers tonight, and not watching 45 minutes of the game yet, it looks like he played well.

Shut up, you little dork. Continue to call me a hater, and you won't be able to post it (or anything) ever again. Trust me. Step out on the ledge if you want a dropkick off of it.

He did look good. There was a couple of times he did overdribble but I can only remember one or two plays where he did it. Seems like Bernie really has worked on taking sugar out of his game and Nash has taught him how to slow his game down(which Morris talked about) so he did look good tonight.

Hopefully you get to see the game and hopefully Morris continues to play at this level.

One thing's for sure he's looking a LOT more confident than before.

Edited by Majesty, November 18, 2012 - 10:37 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#89 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted November 18, 2012 - 10:43 PM

He did look good. There was a couple of times he did overdribble but I can only remember one or two plays where he did it. Seems like Bernie really has worked on taking sugar out of his game and Nash has taught him how to slow his game down(which Morris talked about) so he did look good tonight.

Hopefully you get to see the game and hopefully Morris continues to play at this level.

One thing's for sure he's looking a LOT more confident than before.

Yeah, I decided to go ahead and watch the game now, instead of waiting until the morning. He's actually looking over each set (even though we really don't run anything in particular yet), which is something all PG's need to do before they get 20+ minutes in the league.

Don't care much for him playing off the ball right now, but I expect that will be a big problem throughout his career. He's a PG that has to have the ball in his hands, as a slasher or a facilitator...so we may see him and Gasol having it out a few times, if Pau runs with that second unit (then again, Pau never talks like that to anyone, lol).

#90 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 10:44 PM

Been saying this system would suit Morris. What was once erratic play in half court sets, doesn't look so erratic in a higher paced offense.

#91 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 10:52 PM

I didn't know I had a cousin that got banned I guess that's news to me smh and then someone was really dumb enough to believe this statement

#92 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted November 18, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Morris continue like you did today and you'll evict Blake soon
To Live and Die in L.A

#93 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 10:53 PM

All I know is I was right about Morris from the jump don't care what anybody has to say... I see a lot of people that were dogging Morris then now becoming supporters so I guess who's flip flopping now? LOL I swear some of ya'll is pathetic

#94 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:01 PM

All I know is I was right about Morris from the jump don't care what anybody has to say... I see a lot of people that were dogging Morris then now becoming supporters so I guess who's flip flopping now? LOL I swear some of ya'll is pathetic

Who is exactly pathetic, please name those members because I know damn well you're not calling me that.

I was one of those down on Morris because he had shown very little and he's showing glimpses of being a decent player now.

#95 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:07 PM

I didn't know I had a cousin that got banned I guess that's news to me smh and then someone was really dumb enough to believe this statement

If that was directed at me then whatever. MDI brought it up and I really haven't been a member here that long, so I had no way of knowing if it was true or not.

If you want to talk about dumb, scroll through your own posts there bud, I wasn't going to bring it up but I'm sure you could find a thread or two where RD really highlights what dumb actually is.

#96 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,075 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:08 PM

People support him when he plays well and acknowledging when he does, that's not flip flopping.

They'll acknowledge when he plays well and you'll have to acknowledge when he plays poorly, otherwise they won't be considered the one sided opinionists, but you will.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#97 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:10 PM

Who is exactly pathetic, please name those members because I know damn well you're not calling me that.

I was one of those down on Morris because he had shown very little and he's showing glimpses of being a decent player now.

I'm not even going to go that far because now it's starting petty... I just see people really don't look for players overall game and try to figure out what players are best at... Like I have said a lot I watch a lot of basketball and I notice the little things a lot of people over look

#98 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:10 PM

This offense fits Morris' strengths more than Duhon or Blake. That doesn't mean he's got the job...just that he has more potential to succeed in this offense than the others.

This.

#99 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, I decided to go ahead and watch the game now, instead of waiting until the morning. He's actually looking over each set (even though we really don't run anything in particular yet), which is something all PG's need to do before they get 20+ minutes in the league.

Don't care much for him playing off the ball right now, but I expect that will be a big problem throughout his career. He's a PG that has to have the ball in his hands, as a slasher or a facilitator...so we may see him and Gasol having it out a few times, if Pau runs with that second unit (then again, Pau never talks like that to anyone, lol).

It was a highly entertaining game Jack even stayed until the very end.... he usually leaves late in the 3rd and he actually stayed awake the entire game. Stu Compliments Morris the entire game but the thing I am noticing most is his confidence picking up and it seems like he is really listening to what Nash and Bernie have to say. Off topic a bit, Kobe has played pretty godlike this year and if he keeps this up he is definitely in the convo for MVP.

#100 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:15 PM

If that was directed at me then whatever. MDI brought it up and I really haven't been a member here that long, so I had no way of knowing if it was true or not.

If you want to talk about dumb, scroll through your own posts there bud, I wasn't going to bring it up but I'm sure you could find a thread or two where RD really highlights what dumb actually is.

oh really?? RD makes me look so dumb huh? he posts a lot of stats that don't mean anything like posting defensive numbers for a player who only played 19 games vs a player who played for most of the season getting 23 minutes a game LOL

I don't have a list of unnecessary stats the most I can give you is a box score a player efficiency anything beyond that is doing too much. I think somebody tried to argue with me that if Morris played 20 minutes he would average 6 turnovers a game or something stupid like that and showed "advanced stats" that really didn't prove anything besides the fact that... wherever he got those results from where bs and Morris played better in extended minutes and played better than Blake on BOTH ends of the floor this season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users