• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,058 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:02 PM

Houston Rockets rookie Royce White says he is prepared to walk away from the NBA.

Speaking in an interview with ESPN's Colleen Dominguez, White said he was going to meet with general manager Daryl Morey on Monday to discuss his situation with the team.

The Rockets have said they intend to fine White for every day he remains away from the team or does not attend sessions with a therapist arranged by the team. The Houston Chronicle has reported the Rockets have no plans to trade or release White.

White, the 16th pick in June's draft, has remained absent from the team in a dispute over how the Rockets are helping him confront his anxiety disorder.

White, who has yet to play in a game, did not attend Monday's game against Miami, Tuesday's practice or
Wednesday's game with New Orleans. He says on his Twitter account that the Rockets have been "inconsistent" in helping him.

The Rockets (4-4) face the Trail Blazers (3-5) at Portland on Friday night.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8640395/houston-rockets-royce-white-ready-walk-away-nba

#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:18 PM

Inconsistent my ass. They've pulled out all the stops for him and he hasn't done anything. He hasn't attended a single therapy session and he's been ignoring all the arrangements by the Rockets to this point. The Rockets can't do anything for him if he insists on ignoring his problems the entire time instead of doing something about it. It's a damn shame because he's a very talented player.

I get that he has anxiety and all, but he's playing the victim card way too often. He is not the only person who has ever had to deal with that problem. If he can't figure out a way to make it work, or if he insists on just ignoring his problems instead of facing them head on, he doesn't need to be in the NBA.

#3 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:30 PM

Inconsistent my ass. They've pulled out all the stops for him and he hasn't done anything. He hasn't attended a single therapy session and he's been ignoring all the arrangements by the Rockets to this point. The Rockets can't do anything for him if he insists on ignoring his problems the entire time instead of doing something about it. It's a damn shame because he's a very talented player.

I get that he has anxiety and all, but he's playing the victim card way too often. He is not the only person who has ever had to deal with that problem. If he can't figure out a way to make it work, or if he insists on just ignoring his problems instead of facing them head on, he doesn't need to be in the NBA.

Exactly. It'd be one thing if he was trying but failing, but he's not even attending practice or showing that he's trying to fight through this. It's obvious this is difficult for him, but he has to show he's willing to work on it instead of just being a drama queen.
Posted Image

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:41 PM

If he walks away from this, I believe this could turn into something much more difficult in his life.

#5 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2012 - 04:50 PM

what an idiot ... stop milking the victim card. You are not the only one with anxiety. You made the nba. Live the dream and dont be a lazy [expletive]
Posted Image

#6 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 17, 2012 - 12:11 AM

he would regret it and come back

he needs to stop complaining and just go get his therapy

#7 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,930 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 12:23 AM

Wow does he jknow how much ppl wish they were in his shoes n hes just gonna throw it all away...

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#8 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,316 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted November 17, 2012 - 12:30 AM

He's so immature. He'll gonna regret it afterwards.

#9 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 17, 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'm just disappointed in Royce

#10 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 17, 2012 - 07:54 PM

NBA is the mecca and he's about to let it all go. Traveling in the NBA is as safe as anything plus its all first class. He really is making the biggest mistake of his life.
DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#11 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:32 AM

NBA is the mecca and he's about to let it all go. Traveling in the NBA is as safe as anything plus its all first class. He really is making the biggest mistake of his life.

It's his anxiety disorder that's causing all these problems and he's letting his disorder control his life instead of him controlling it

#12 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,228 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:26 PM

I think there are some D-leauge teams that would put up with all this nonsense...

#13 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,887 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 19, 2012 - 10:01 PM

Pathetic. I have no sympathy for this guy. Go have fun working for McDonalds. See how the real world is like then lest see how much you care about your "anxiety" when you are broke.

#14 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 20, 2012 - 12:12 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself, I WISH I was in that guys shoes, would of been even more motivated to put my anxiety in check.

#15 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,058 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 20, 2012 - 11:16 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself, I WISH I was in that guys shoes, would of been even more motivated to put my anxiety in check.

My thoughts exactly. Sure, he might have some problems down the road dealing with it, but this does not warrant giving up the greatest thing to ever happen to him, an opportunity I'm sure all of us would ecstatically take.

#16 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 12:26 PM

Royce White won't play for D-League team due to 'unsafe atmosphere'

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21474030/royce-white-wont-play-for-d-league-team-due-to-unsafe-atmosphere

Wow I really liked this guy's game too it's sad that he won't be in the NBA for too long

#17 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted December 30, 2012 - 01:03 PM

How did he make it this far w/o flying? Did he take a bus or sit out for away games at college?

#18 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 01:37 PM

Typical cyclown grad

#19 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,799 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted December 30, 2012 - 01:54 PM

lmao! OK but he can go and play in summer league. Dude I understand your anxiety, but the only way to cure it is to go face to face with it.

#20 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 30, 2012 - 02:08 PM

Hes a little boy, maybe when he grows up to be a man he'll look back and go "Man, I [expletive]ed up".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users