14 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,135 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 16, 2012 - 01:39 PM

I am pretty sure 99% of you guys been following the Lakers since 1996. I am also pretty sure that 80% of you guys watch every single game since 1996. We watch Kobe grow as a late teens to an incredible super star and a man. We all love Kobe and some even worship him at times. But how many times do you start throwing things at the tv, pulling your hair out or having grey Andrew Bynum hair mainly because of Kobe having to shoot rediculous off balanced out of this world stupid shots? How many times he did that mainly because the Lakers for some reason even with Phillip Jackson loves to play until the 24 second shot goes down to 2 seconds? Imagine if Kobe didn't have to bail us out because our turtle pace offense that if the NBA came up with a 60 second clock shot, we would take it in a second, I am sick and tired of Kobe shooting percentage going down because time and time again he have to bail us out with stupid shots. Now with D Antoni, he wont have to do that. Kobe probably jumping for joy realizing he doesn't have to have a low % average just because he have to bail us out time and time again. I actually looking forward to this new offense. It just baffles me why we are the only team in NBA history to always take 5 thousand years to set up an offense and always have shot clock going down to zero. No need for that. Even with the triangle we always have that issue.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB, L.O., Dwight, Glen Rice

Posted November 16, 2012 - 01:44 PM

Kobe has been really efficient so far and he could possibly get even more efficient with the new offense.

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." -Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Image

#3 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,090 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 16, 2012 - 01:52 PM

more concerned about defense

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2012 - 02:24 PM

Yeah I'm looking forward to actually watching some good flowing offense from us. I hate watching non Laker games or Laker opponents and really enjoying it 10x better because their offenses don't move at a snails pace like ours lol. Yes I realize we ain't a young team but the fact is the last few years our slow tempo ball is quite boring to watch. The thng about the triangle is you could bear it because in the end we won titles. However since we haven't won a championship it's been tough watching this team. Obviously we don't have as much youth and athleticism as other teams, but we can still play uptempo pace a bit more which im looking forward too. Our defence may not get much better but alot of the times we've lost games due to a stagnant offense. I'm hoping DAntoni expertise can help with that. Doesn't fix the D and doesnt guarantee a championship but it should be a tad more entertaining to watch. Be even better it it could win a title though.

#5 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 397 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 16, 2012 - 02:43 PM

It has no bearing on real life game scenario mind you, but I like my 2k team running DAntonis offense.

It seems scoring is much more fluid and the floor spacing is much better.

Hopefully it will translate into the real world.. ;)

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,753 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 16, 2012 - 02:51 PM

more concerned about defense

I'm not.

I've noticed that when we've been playing this free form offense as of late we actually have been trying to get back on transition in the half court a lot faster.

Like I said I think these last few games were enough to convince Mitch that D'antoni was the best route.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,380 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm 23 years old and have only known the triangle offense.

I grew up watching MJ, but always watched the Lakers as well since my family is entirely Lakers fans.

I love the triangle offense, always have, always will. But one thing about being 23 years old... I never saw Showtime.

Now will it be Showtime here? No, but I'm looking forward to that high scoring offense and getting up and down the court that makes the games exciting quarters one thru four. Especially after watching the Mike Brown offense under Kuester and Jordan, this is needed.

Defense is always the worry BUT I am a firm believer that when players get on a roll offensively, they will put the effort defensively at the other end of the court. We have a group of players that know defense is needed to win titles.

It's about getting a series of stops at some point in a game that allows you to go on a run especially in the second half. Or buckling down late in the fourth quarter to get a couple of stops to seal the victory. The defense will be fine, we have the players to play that good defense when the time comes.

#8 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm 23 years old and have only known the triangle offense.

I grew up watching MJ, but always watched the Lakers as well since my family is entirely Lakers fans.

I love the triangle offense, always have, always will. But one thing about being 23 years old... I never saw Showtime.

Now will it be Showtime here? No, but I'm looking forward to that high scoring offense and getting up and down the court that makes the games exciting quarters one thru four. Especially after watching the Mike Brown offense under Kuester and Jordan, this is needed.

Defense is always the worry BUT I am a firm believer that when players get on a roll offensively, they will put the effort defensively at the other end of the court. We have a group of players that know defense is needed to win titles.

It's about getting a series of stops at some point in a game that allows you to go on a run especially in the second half. Or buckling down late in the fourth quarter to get a couple of stops to seal the victory. The defense will be fine, we have the players to play that good defense when the time comes.

You being a young passionate Laker fan.....you would have loved showtime, it was really special, not just watching showtime but being there live when the Lakers turned up the defense and really started pushing the ball......the crowd would just go crazy, the music Dancing Barry it was like no other live sporting event that I have been to and I have been around for a long time...
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,380 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:49 PM

You being a young passionate Laker fan.....you would have loved showtime, it was really special, not just watching showtime but being there live when the Lakers turned up the defense and really started pushing the ball......the crowd would just go crazy, the music Dancing Barry it was like no other live sporting event that I have been to and I have been around for a long time...

My dad always tells me about it. Definitely missed out but I try and watch those games from the 80's ever chance I get whether its on TV or on the Internet

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,753 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 16, 2012 - 04:04 PM

As I am a youngster too, I have only seen showtime in film rooms and videos but I can never feel like I recapture what it felt like, my dad tells me about how big things were back then, how it was the greatest show in town, like almost a movie premiere. The Lakers were something special and it was something to see. I wish I could have seen it as it happened live but then I wouldn't be young and able to try to experience what's happening now.

One thing I do want to see is the Staples Center vibrant again. I still watch when Horry hit that shot against the Kings and when Kobe hit the game winner against the Suns and think about the atmosphere of the crowd. I'd love to see THAT again with a championship for us at the end of it.

Edited by Majesty, November 16, 2012 - 04:04 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#11 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,375 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:46 PM

The O won't be the problem. We need Ariza back!! And a defensive minded combo guard

#12 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,095 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 16, 2012 - 06:21 PM

Mike Trudell@LakersReporter

Bernie Bickerstaff will coach tonight, but Mike D'Antoni (who will watch from locker room) did put some up-tempo stuff in.

Expand

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#13 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,854 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 16, 2012 - 06:36 PM

Offense is easy, defense and rebounding wins rings.

#14 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 16, 2012 - 07:02 PM

Showtime ... how I miss thee. It was one of the main cogs in why the NBA became more prevalent in US sports.
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#15 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,712 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 16, 2012 - 10:47 PM

Im happy lakers sign D'anton, his offense is fast, tempo, and makes sense because i bet jerry buss want the lakers to be the center of attention of the nba again. ( as if we arent lol) people generally enjoy watchin fast breaks, guys runnin the floor, thats what made the 80s lakers so fun to watch. magic passing, worthy dunkin, kareem sky hook. now we have the new show time lakers, nash passin, howard dunkin. i cant wait

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users