• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 16, 2012 - 04:18 PM

Wasn't there a poster who said we weren't trading for Howard because the lakers insisted on keeping Morris and mcroberts

Kobe>jordan. That guy was a loser. so glad he got banned

#22 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 16, 2012 - 04:44 PM

Pau is a great running TRUE 7 footer. I'm curious to see how he performs in MD's system. Especially with him not having to be a tough guy due to D12

#23 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted November 16, 2012 - 04:49 PM

Atlanta wants Morris :clap2:
No Morris, no trade

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#24 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 17, 2012 - 11:18 AM

The Los Angeles Lakers have had internal discussions for several months about acquiring Josh Smith from the Atlanta Hawks, according to sources.

Sources say, however, that the Hawks have no interest in trading Smith for a package centered around Pau Gasol.

Smith is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason.

For the Lakers, trading Gasol for Smith would allow the team to get younger and more athletic. Moreover, Smith is one of Dwight Howard's closest friends in the NBA.

Via Marc Stein

#25 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 17, 2012 - 11:28 AM

Guess itll have to be a 3 team trade and smith has to say Lakers or "im leaving"
Laker fan for life.

#26 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 11:29 AM

I reckon a 3 team trade with the Rockets might work for some young pieces etc goign to atlanta and Pau going to the rockets.
Laker fan for life.

#27 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 11:32 AM

From insider espn rumours

Some in the media are still talking about a potential Josh Smith trade sending him and other players to the Los Angeles Lakers for Pau Gasol, but for many reason it's not going to happen.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein writes: "Sources say that the Hawks, at present, have no interest in parting with Josh Smith and Kyle Korver for Gasol. Or even Smith and lesser parts for Gasol. Positions can obviously change between now and the Feb. 21 trade deadline, but sources maintain that Atlanta has not been enticed in the least by the prospect of parting with the 26-year-old Smith -- even as he heads into unrestricted free agency -- for the 32-year-old Gasol. The Hawks, for the record, have also been telling interested teams that they value Smith and what he offers as a hybrid forward in an Eastern Conference that's generally been getting smaller."

Smith's contract, paying $13.2 million in 2012-13, expires after this season, while Gasol deal pays him $38.28 million through 2013-14.

Laker fan for life.

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 11:49 AM

I reckon a 3 team trade with the Rockets might work for some young pieces etc goign to atlanta and Pau going to the rockets.

Probably the most likely scenario.

#29 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,047 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted November 17, 2012 - 12:18 PM

I don't think the Rockets still want Pau that much. Those rumors kind of died down over the Summer. A Smith trade isn't likely until the deadline, imo, because that gives teams enough time to see how things unfold while simultaneously putting some pressure on losing teams to make a deal.

#30 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 18, 2012 - 02:31 AM

That both sides are saying nothing will happen is to be expected. Remember this quote: "Mike Brown is safe".

At this point Atlanta are probably hoping that the Dwight-LA-D'Antoni-project isn't working and that they can sign him in the offseason.
They'd be able to sign both Howard and Smith, while having Teague and Lou Williams.

The problem is that they may end up with nothing, if Smith decides to sign elsewhere.

#31 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 18, 2012 - 02:59 AM

No team would trade a bunch of players for pau.

Everyone you have to get real here. Pau's salary next season is 19+ million. He is right now the 9th highest paid player in the league yet the guy is putting up horrible stats and cant play defense.

Gasol isn't even gonna come close to being an All star this year and will probably have one of his worst years so far(by the rate he is going). The only thing we could get for pau is a bunch of scrubs that match his salary. Do not expect him to be traded for smith in a three way because there is absolutely no team that would want a average player who is getting paid 19+ mill.

You can go on about how mitch got howard and we got pau for kwame but those are much easier than this. We were the best offer for the magic so of course we got howard when they were willing to trade. And we got pau for a lot more than kwame. Mitch is good but he cant just convince a team to take a 19+ mill player who isnt even a all star for young players + draft picks so we can do a 3 way trade.

Unless pau goes on a crazy streak of great basketball (which will not happen) then his trade value will be worth nothing.

Face it were stuck with pau. Might as well make the best of it.

#32 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 04:20 AM

No team would trade a bunch of players for pau.

Everyone you have to get real here. Pau's salary next season is 19+ million. He is right now the 9th highest paid player in the league yet the guy is putting up horrible stats and cant play defense.

Gasol isn't even gonna come close to being an All star this year and will probably have one of his worst years so far(by the rate he is going). The only thing we could get for pau is a bunch of scrubs that match his salary. Do not expect him to be traded for smith in a three way because there is absolutely no team that would want a average player who is getting paid 19+ mill.

You can go on about how mitch got howard and we got pau for kwame but those are much easier than this. We were the best offer for the magic so of course we got howard when they were willing to trade. And we got pau for a lot more than kwame. Mitch is good but he cant just convince a team to take a 19+ mill player who isnt even a all star for young players + draft picks so we can do a 3 way trade.

Unless pau goes on a crazy streak of great basketball (which will not happen) then his trade value will be worth nothing.

Face it were stuck with pau. Might as well make the best of it.

Nonsense!
His stats haven't been that great this season, but with a new system, the firing of Mike Brown and hiring of D'Antoni, this season have been a total mess so far. No wonder he is struggling a bit. By your logic, we should trade Nash as well, since he have been our second worst pg these first few games.
According to 82games.com and Hoopdata, Pau is having a very solid year defensively, so your're wrong on that one too.
Will he be an allstar - perhaps not, but if we start winning, he will certainly be close and easily could make the team.
What can we get for him? Several teams have players who will become FAs next season: Millsap, Josh Smith and David West just to name a few. These teams may want to do business now, rather than lose their guy for nothing.

#33 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,697 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 18, 2012 - 04:22 AM

It wont happen...I think J-Smooth is going to the Celtics..

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#34 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,770 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted November 18, 2012 - 04:22 AM

Nonsense!
His stats haven't been that great this season, but with a new system, the firing of Mike Brown and hiring of D'Antoni, this season have been a total mess so far. No wonder he is struggling a bit. By your logic, we should trade Nash as well, since he have been our second worst pg these first few games.
According to 82games.com and Hoopdata, Pau is having a very solid year defensively, so your're wrong on that one too.
Will he be an allstar - perhaps not, but if we start winning, he will certainly be close and easily could make the team.
What can we get for him? Several teams have players who will become FAs next season: Millsap, Josh Smith and David West just to name a few. These teams may want to do business now, rather than lose their guy for nothing.

Nash played 1 game and was hurt 1/4th of the way through the next one. Gasol has played every game and is stinking it up. No comparison...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#35 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 04:28 AM

Nash played 1 game and was hurt 1/4th of the way through the next one. Gasol has played every game and is stinking it up. No comparison...

Pau have played in 9 games, under two different coaches, in a highly complicated system. Lets give these guys a bit of time to work it out. If Pau is still struggling in late December, then we trade him.

#36 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,770 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted November 18, 2012 - 04:32 AM

Pau have played in 9 games, under two different coaches, in a highly complicated system. Lets give these guys a bit of time to work it out. If Pau is still struggling in late December, then we trade him.

And Pau played this way in Phil's last season too. Seems to me that the coach isn't the issue, it's Pau's head...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#37 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 18, 2012 - 05:05 AM

Mr Owl how many years' does it take before people realize 2008 Pau Gasol is gone?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#38 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted November 18, 2012 - 06:02 AM

Bull[expletive] excuses. He's been pathetic for FAR longer than just 9 games.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#39 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 06:47 AM

Problem that everyone forgets about Pau Gasol, is how TERRIBLE he has been in the last 2 playoffs. Thats my problem with Pau he disappears in the playoffs. Its like his lost his fire.
Laker fan for life.

#40 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 07:16 AM

Pau have been bad these two past playoffs, but Josh Smith haven't been any better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users