#441 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,871 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 16, 2012 - 10:51 PM

That's right gotta be negative about it.

This win totally counts for less than others...

Gimme a break.

Quato: hahahaha!!! Nice!

#442 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,718 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2012 - 11:06 PM

can't believe i slept through the 2nd half!! just woke up 30 minutes ago on my chair ahaaha

#443 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,022 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 17, 2012 - 01:14 AM

Pau needs to keep his head in the game. He disappears far too easily.

Sometimes I think he checks out once he gets his stats. People talk about stat stuffing but I think Gasol has gotten used to it.

Cause you notice he'll score maybe 10-15 points in a half, and then for the second half he doesn't do a darn thing but occasionally rebound?

Such as the case tonight he got about 10 points in the FIRST QUARTER, disappeared the entire rest of the game and finished with 15 points I believe and couldn't hit a wide open jump shot for some reason after his hot streak.

It just doesn't seem like Pau has the "finish them" mindset anymore He gets his stats and then disappears. There was no one on the Suns that could stop him or his shot off the screen when he got open, we could punish them for that the entire game and Gasol could have had 40 or even more with the way he was hitting his shots.

But nope, he got his 10 in the first quarter and disappeared for the rest of the game for the most part.

To me he just isn't motivated to step on another teams throat is content to get stats and leave. I think it's his 'safe' zone.

he's had a couple of bad games and so he got his 10 in the first quarter and then lazily finishes the game with 15 or so and doesn't play any defense the entire way.

To me this is the problem with Pau. D'antoni is gonna wanna go to whichever play is working and constantly bust the team with it. But as tonight showed it doesn't seem Pau is willing to constantly go to what's destroying the other team once he gets his numbers.

Watching Pau's defense was maddening, cause I watched Pau let the guy just get past him and watch him score. This was the most evident when he did it but Jordan Hill decided to switch and block the shot, something Pau could do if he stayed attached to the guy or shadowed him.

This is the difference, Pau in his own mind had done all he needed to do for the night.

Pau no longer plays to win, he plays to keep the Lakers from cutting/trading him. That's what I get from him lately.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#444 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 17, 2012 - 01:23 AM

Any updates on assistant coaches?

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#445 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,851 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted November 17, 2012 - 05:08 AM

Good news lakers reduce their turn over into 11 :clap2:

33bkfif.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Suns, Lakers, Kobe, Howard

1 user(s) are reading this topic