#21 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:05 PM

So first of all you think we'll be running the entire time

Second of all you disregard D'antoni's ability to adjust the offense to our team despite offense being his thing

Third of all you'd pick Phil because he'd "find a way" to make it work with our lineup and "someway somehow" would make it work where players don't fit...

Fourth of all you think D'antoni can't "find a way" despite being an offensive genius(Kobe's words) and a very good coach, but Phil can just because he's Phil?

Alright first of all, take off your "Phil is my basketball jesus and no one can coach this team but him" glasses for one,

Second of all take off your "all other coaches are incompetent but Phil" glasses.

We have the best pick and roll duo in the entire NBA in Nash and Dwight Howard and we've got a guy as our coach that runs pick and roll; angles better than ANY other in this league.

We also have one of the most deadly pick and roll duo's during the Lakers latest championship run with Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

That's 4 of our 5 starting lineup guys showing to be vicious and deadly in the pick and roll and we just got a coach who is the absolute best at running it.

Then you look at our bench

Morris/Blake are basically the same type and style of point guard and their job will be to initiate the offense in the same way.

Jodie Meeks is a knockdown three point shooter

Antawn Jamison is a stretch three point shooter

Jordan Hill is your garbage man and rebound guy(very vital for long rebounds and effort)

and either Gasol(awesome pick and roll player when he plays the 5)

or Dwight Howard(best pick and roll big man in the game)

manning the 5 position.

Yet you somehow THINK that D'antoni is gonna have a harder time implementing these players into THAT system? But that Phil just would because no matter how difficult the offense would be "Phil just can"

But D'antoni's offense which I just explained to you can fit with literally everyone in the starting lineup AND our bench and you think it was the wrong pick and that he's the wrong guy for THIS team....

ummmm...in conclusion...

Sorry but it sounds like you got your "nobody can do this but Phil just cause he can" homers on.

First of all his offense is about running I do expect this team to run more than not.

Second of all I do disregard because in NY he couldn't fix it when Amare was there and when he wasn't. When Carmelo came back from injury when Linsanity began he couldn't fix it.

Third of all I pick Phil because yes he would fine a way just like he's done in the past no need to go over that, you don't pick a guy who is not proven to be elite over other better choices that were out there specially the best coach probably in all of sports, what is wrong with you. I mean they didn't even care for Sloan who is better than D'Antoni and JVG but I can understand why they didn't call him but still better guys were out there. This is another mistake just like when they hired Brown instead of picking the best possible option out there and by the way they were willing to coach the team (Adelman and Phil) they made mistakes and it will costs us.

Fourth of all Kobe has said many things he even praised the so called Princeton offense and now he's like we didn't know it blah blah. Now I'm sure despite what Kobe said about D'Antoni offensive coaching abilities do you really think he will say that D'Antoni is better than Phil? Doubt it that goes back to my previous point of what he did in NY.

And you know what I like My "Phil is the best coach in all of sports" Special Edition glasses so I will keep them on.

Dwight and Nash best PnR duo? They've only played a few games and we didn't see enough of that due to the offense so that needs to be proven even though they will make a killer duo. Phil would've made the best use of that.

In conclusion... Meeks so far has proven to be garbage and Jamison apparently has suffered from that Laker disease that has plagued us in the last couple years, decent players come here and they start sucking i.e. MWP, Blake, Barnes, Sessions and so on.

Phil is the best period.

Posted Image

#22 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,718 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:16 PM

i thought you hated d antoni initially? haha

#23 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:21 PM

The real issue here is the front office created a situation where fans are comparing D'Antoni to Phil Jackson when it should be a comparison between D'Antoni and Mike Brown.

Hit the nail on the head....
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#24 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:28 PM

First of all his offense is about running I do expect this team to run more than not.

Second of all I do disregard because in NY he couldn't fix it when Amare was there and when he wasn't. When Carmelo came back from injury when Linsanity began he couldn't fix it.

Third of all I pick Phil because yes he would fine a way just like he's done in the past no need to go over that, you don't pick a guy who is not proven to be elite over other better choices that were out there specially the best coach probably in all of sports, what is wrong with you. I mean they didn't even care for Sloan who is better than D'Antoni and JVG but I can understand why they didn't call him but still better guys were out there. This is another mistake just like when they hired Brown instead of picking the best possible option out there and by the way they were willing to coach the team (Adelman and Phil) they made mistakes and it will costs us.

Fourth of all Kobe has said many things he even praised the so called Princeton offense and now he's like we didn't know it blah blah. Now I'm sure despite what Kobe said about D'Antoni offensive coaching abilities do you really think he will say that D'Antoni is better than Phil? Doubt it that goes back to my previous point of what he did in NY.

And you know what I like My "Phil is the best coach in all of sports" Special Edition glasses so I will keep them on.

Dwight and Nash best PnR duo? They've only played a few games and we didn't see enough of that due to the offense so that needs to be proven even though they will make a killer duo. Phil would've made the best use of that.

In conclusion... Meeks so far has proven to be garbage and Jamison apparently has suffered from that Laker disease that has plagued us in the last couple years, decent players come here and they start sucking i.e. MWP, Blake, Barnes, Sessions and so on.

Phil is the best period.

Very good post
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#25 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:34 PM

i thought you hated d antoni initially? haha

I didn't hate him I just disappointed that we didn't get Phil like everyone else.
htCCl0m.png

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:51 PM

One sentence in and you're already wrong :eh:

Carmelo plays his best basketball at the 4 position(Amar'e's position) and especially in that offense didn't you ever wonder why the offense worked so well when Amare was injured? When it was Carmelo at the 4 and Chandler at the 5 the offense looked tons better and there's a reason for that.

Also you disregard how well D'antoni was doing with that team before they traded ALL OF THEIR DEPTH for Carmelo Anthony a guy they could have and should have waited to become a free agent and got him with all the depth they already built. THEN we'd be talking about a title contender and that's not debatable. The fact of the matter is D'antoni had a good thing going and then they traded every bit of their depth that made them dangerous for Carmelo Anthony and THAT was a big mistake on their part. You can't blame D'antoni for that at all.

Adelman would have made us run the Princeton offense so you can't diss brown in the paragraph below me and then ask for Adelman -_-

Also every coach before he's done something like winning a championship has accomplished nothing.

D'antoni has been close multiple times, he was close and then Joe Johnson(who was having a SPECTACULAR year) got his face broken and wasn't the same after that. And one altercation which is very controversial cost them a chance at the finals.

There are reasons D'antoni didn't make it to the finals with Phoenix and you could argue in their best years the opportunity was taken from them because of those reasons. Again, these things you can't blame on D'antoni.

And the truth of the matter is you can't keep living on "We need to get Phil! D'antoni hasn't accomplished anything yet!!"

You need to realize personnel has a lot to do with success and how things happen. You realize that if the team was just Kobe and a bunch of mediocre to 'alright' players that not even Phil Jackson could get them out of the first round. Put that into perspective before you put ALL the blame on one coach.

Also I basically explained to you why D'antoni's offense would be faster implemented to our team than the triangle would have been and Mitch wants to get our offensive and team chemistry going WITHOUT sacrificing wins because people are still getting used to the system. He wouldn't have fired Mike Brown if he was willing to wait for such to happen.

D'antoni's offense is faster implemented to our personnel AND we have already shown an ability to run it or a similar style to affection and how this free flowing offense not only benefits us but it benefits our bench tremendously!

It would have taken the triangle much longer to implement and some wins would have been sacrifices for it, and we can't afford to sacrifice more wins in Mitch's mind as I just explained above, he'd have kept Mike Brown if that was the case.

First of all the Princeton offense was Kobe's idea. Second of all Kobe said the team didn't get enough time to learn it(because the coach got fired). Third of all everyone on the team that was asked about the offense said we'd have done beautiful things in it but weren't given the time to implement it. That is because Mitch fired Mike Brown. Now if Mitch was patient to have the players learn a system and was willing to sacrifice wins for progress he never would have fired Mike Brown. Basically to hire Phil would be to concede the same, that it's going to be a system some of the guys won't get and will take longer to implement and wins can be sacrificed with it.
Mitch would look like a hypocrite if he fired Mike Brown and then hired Phil Jackson whose system will still take time to implement. If Mitch was willing to wait, again, Mike Brown wouldn't have been fired
Fourth of all you dissing the Princeton offense here while above saying Adelman was one of the top choices over D'antoni when he RUNS the Princeton offense is hilarious to me.

D'antoni's offense is faster implemented, his coaching style is one the players respond well to, free form has been working under Bernie while not effecting our defense, the team looks good on transition.

All these things were enough to convince Mitch that D'antoni would have been the best job.

Also I find it funny you mention Sloan, because the PG takes a lot of punishment in that offense with all the back screens and such they make, and with Nash's current health you'd wilt every time Sloan made him set screens against bigger men.

Riiight Phil has a bigger chance of faster implementing Nash and Howard into the triangle than D'antoni has of implementing statistically the best pick and roll finisher and the best pick and roll point guard into a pick and roll offense by a master pick and roll coach...

Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Phil is the best period.

How the heck is that a conclusion? You basically said "in conclusion, our role players suck, Phil rules!"

which makes no sense and in no way relates one to the other.

All it shows is your narrow mindedness as I could pretty much stick any statement and put Phil rules at the end of it and summarize your opinion on this matter.

"Logic sucks. Phil rules!"

"all other coaches suck. Phil rules!"

"An PnR offense on a team full of PnR players suck! Phil rules!"

That's basically your argument on everything and sorry to tell you but it holds no merit against the evidence in front of you as to why his system would be implemented faster and work BETTER with the personnel.

I'm all for debates but when your only argument is "Phil rules! Everyone else sucks!" It means very little

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#27 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 03:54 PM

Don't waste your time Majesty. Save the arguments for someone that will actually be objective in their discussions.

#28 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 10:03 AM

One sentence in and you're already wrong :eh:

Carmelo plays his best basketball at the 4 position(Amar'e's position) and especially in that offense didn't you ever wonder why the offense worked so well when Amare was injured? When it was Carmelo at the 4 and Chandler at the 5 the offense looked tons better and there's a reason for that.

Also you disregard how well D'antoni was doing with that team before they traded ALL OF THEIR DEPTH for Carmelo Anthony a guy they could have and should have waited to become a free agent and got him with all the depth they already built. THEN we'd be talking about a title contender and that's not debatable. The fact of the matter is D'antoni had a good thing going and then they traded every bit of their depth that made them dangerous for Carmelo Anthony and THAT was a big mistake on their part. You can't blame D'antoni for that at all.

Adelman would have made us run the Princeton offense so you can't diss brown in the paragraph below me and then ask for Adelman -_-

Also every coach before he's done something like winning a championship has accomplished nothing.

D'antoni has been close multiple times, he was close and then Joe Johnson(who was having a SPECTACULAR year) got his face broken and wasn't the same after that. And one altercation which is very controversial cost them a chance at the finals.

There are reasons D'antoni didn't make it to the finals with Phoenix and you could argue in their best years the opportunity was taken from them because of those reasons. Again, these things you can't blame on D'antoni.

And the truth of the matter is you can't keep living on "We need to get Phil! D'antoni hasn't accomplished anything yet!!"

You need to realize personnel has a lot to do with success and how things happen. You realize that if the team was just Kobe and a bunch of mediocre to 'alright' players that not even Phil Jackson could get them out of the first round. Put that into perspective before you put ALL the blame on one coach.

Also I basically explained to you why D'antoni's offense would be faster implemented to our team than the triangle would have been and Mitch wants to get our offensive and team chemistry going WITHOUT sacrificing wins because people are still getting used to the system. He wouldn't have fired Mike Brown if he was willing to wait for such to happen.

D'antoni's offense is faster implemented to our personnel AND we have already shown an ability to run it or a similar style to affection and how this free flowing offense not only benefits us but it benefits our bench tremendously!

It would have taken the triangle much longer to implement and some wins would have been sacrifices for it, and we can't afford to sacrifice more wins in Mitch's mind as I just explained above, he'd have kept Mike Brown if that was the case.

First of all the Princeton offense was Kobe's idea. Second of all Kobe said the team didn't get enough time to learn it(because the coach got fired). Third of all everyone on the team that was asked about the offense said we'd have done beautiful things in it but weren't given the time to implement it. That is because Mitch fired Mike Brown. Now if Mitch was patient to have the players learn a system and was willing to sacrifice wins for progress he never would have fired Mike Brown. Basically to hire Phil would be to concede the same, that it's going to be a system some of the guys won't get and will take longer to implement and wins can be sacrificed with it.
Mitch would look like a hypocrite if he fired Mike Brown and then hired Phil Jackson whose system will still take time to implement. If Mitch was willing to wait, again, Mike Brown wouldn't have been fired
Fourth of all you dissing the Princeton offense here while above saying Adelman was one of the top choices over D'antoni when he RUNS the Princeton offense is hilarious to me.

D'antoni's offense is faster implemented, his coaching style is one the players respond well to, free form has been working under Bernie while not effecting our defense, the team looks good on transition.

All these things were enough to convince Mitch that D'antoni would have been the best job.

Also I find it funny you mention Sloan, because the PG takes a lot of punishment in that offense with all the back screens and such they make, and with Nash's current health you'd wilt every time Sloan made him set screens against bigger men.

Riiight Phil has a bigger chance of faster implementing Nash and Howard into the triangle than D'antoni has of implementing statistically the best pick and roll finisher and the best pick and roll point guard into a pick and roll offense by a master pick and roll coach...

Do you realize how silly that sounds?

How the heck is that a conclusion? You basically said "in conclusion, our role players suck, Phil rules!"

which makes no sense and in no way relates one to the other.

All it shows is your narrow mindedness as I could pretty much stick any statement and put Phil rules at the end of it and summarize your opinion on this matter.

"Logic sucks. Phil rules!"

"all other coaches suck. Phil rules!"

"An PnR offense on a team full of PnR players suck! Phil rules!"

That's basically your argument on everything and sorry to tell you but it holds no merit against the evidence in front of you as to why his system would be implemented faster and work BETTER with the personnel.

I'm all for debates but when your only argument is "Phil rules! Everyone else sucks!" It means very little

Look in NY I don't care what you say pre o post Carmelo that team was nothing more than a 1st or 2nd rounder. If D'Antoni was such a good coach why did Mike Woodson did better with the team than D'Antoni with the same exact roster when he left? In fact he did much better he kept the head coaching job and look at the team now.

Adelman runs a corner offense which is more like a triangle offense and that's why it would've been a good hire last season because Phil had left and all we knew was the triangle.

You're trying to make D'Antoni look like a way better coach than he is and I'll give that his offense is SIMPLE and fast implemented sure, take the ball and run. It's funny because you type all this nonsense but don't care to explain to me how this wont hurt our guys in the long run. Kobe and Nash are in their 17th season these guys can't run up and down all season long Dwight can the younger guys can but 3 of your main players can't do that. MWP is not a fast guy either I mean this team is not meant to run they would benefit from a half court set up where you can post your bigs and even play PnR sometimes just need a good coach for that and that to me is Phil Jackson.

I'm sorry I just don't believe in Mike D'Antoni and nothing is going to change my mind... maybe a championship but even then idk.

lol logic sucks.....Phil 11 rings Mike 0 zip nada cero just a couple west conf. finals omg!!!!

Edited by Nego, November 17, 2012 - 10:06 AM.

Posted Image

#29 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 17, 2012 - 11:45 AM

It's not that simple though. While Phil obviously has been far more successful than D'Antoni there's no doubt that Mike is the better fit for this current team.

better fit is an assumption.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#30 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,026 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 01:37 PM

Look in NY I don't care what you say pre o post Carmelo that team was nothing more than a 1st or 2nd rounder. If D'Antoni was such a good coach why did Mike Woodson did better with the team than D'Antoni with the same exact roster when he left? In fact he did much better he kept the head coaching job and look at the team now.

Yeah cause logic just isn't your thing is it? Mike Woodson didn't do better with the team, they still lost in the first round and this year are starting the season without Stoudamire and doing well in which Mike Woodson himself said in a perfect scenario he'd ask Amar'e to come off the BENCH at the 4 after Carmelo. The Knicks are a better team when Carmelo plays the 4 because of the fact they paired up Stoudamire and Carmelo(you couldn't find two 'stars' that aren't fit for a team together than those two).

And as I said D'antoni had a pretty dangerous team with a LOT of depth and they were something to look at. If the Knicks organization had been smart they'd have waited one year to add Carmelo to the equation(if they still wanted to go that route) but instead they traded ALL their depth away for one guy in Carmelo which basically gutted the team and ruined a lot of what they were doing.

This isn't perception it's pretty much what everyone universally recognizes.

You're just refusing to because you fear that if you give D'antoni any credit you're betraying your Phil.

Adelman runs a corner offense which is more like a triangle offense and that's why it would've been a good hire last season because Phil had left and all we knew was the triangle.

Adelman runs the Princeton :smh:

You're trying to make D'Antoni look like a way better coach than he is and I'll give that his offense is SIMPLE and fast implemented sure, take the ball and run. It's funny because you type all this nonsense but don't care to explain to me how this wont hurt our guys in the long run. Kobe and Nash are in their 17th season these guys can't run up and down all season long Dwight can the younger guys can but 3 of your main players can't do that. MWP is not a fast guy either I mean this team is not meant to run they would benefit from a half court set up where you can post your bigs and even play PnR sometimes just need a good coach for that and that to me is Phil Jackson.

Stopped reading at the bold. You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to D'antoni's offense :smh:

I'm sorry I just don't believe in Mike D'Antoni and nothing is going to change my mind... maybe a championship but even then idk.

lol logic sucks.....Phil 11 rings Mike 0 zip nada cero just a couple west conf. finals omg!!!!

That just shows how out of touch with reality you are and how you wouldn't even give D'antoni credit even if he won a championship because your Phil isn't coaching the team. That plus your last few sentences show you're nothing more than biased and have little to no idea about D'antoni's offense and ignore logic intentionally because if you don't you'll be forced to give D'antoni credit enough to have faith in him which you can't allow because it's against your "Love all things as long as Phil Jackson is coaching and doubt all others" mantra you seem to live by.

#31 Los scandalous

Los scandalous

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Metta

Posted November 17, 2012 - 01:56 PM

I think we'll be fine on both ends of the floor with him as a coach, these last three games we been fine defensively and Kobe said they didn't had a scheme for it, It was basically instincts

Agreed here
IE LAKER

#32 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 17, 2012 - 02:18 PM

The corner offense run by Adelman is closer to a variation of the Princeton than the triangle. There arent very many plausible comparisons between the two offenses; other than the read and react aspects, obviously.

#33 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 04:08 PM

Yeah cause logic just isn't your thing is it? Mike Woodson didn't do better with the team, they still lost in the first round and this year are starting the season without Stoudamire and doing well in which Mike Woodson himself said in a perfect scenario he'd ask Amar'e to come off the BENCH at the 4 after Carmelo. The Knicks are a better team when Carmelo plays the 4 because of the fact they paired up Stoudamire and Carmelo(you couldn't find two 'stars' that aren't fit for a team together than those two).

And as I said D'antoni had a pretty dangerous team with a LOT of depth and they were something to look at. If the Knicks organization had been smart they'd have waited one year to add Carmelo to the equation(if they still wanted to go that route) but instead they traded ALL their depth away for one guy in Carmelo which basically gutted the team and ruined a lot of what they were doing.

This isn't perception it's pretty much what everyone universally recognizes.

You're just refusing to because you fear that if you give D'antoni any credit you're betraying your Phil.

Adelman runs the Princeton :smh:

Stopped reading at the bold. You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to D'antoni's offense :smh:

That just shows how out of touch with reality you are and how you wouldn't even give D'antoni credit even if he won a championship because your Phil isn't coaching the team. That plus your last few sentences show you're nothing more than biased and have little to no idea about D'antoni's offense and ignore logic intentionally because if you don't you'll be forced to give D'antoni credit enough to have faith in him which you can't allow because it's against your "Love all things as long as Phil Jackson is coaching and doubt all others" mantra you seem to live by.

Funny I pointed out twice now how D'Antoni's fast paced offense might hurt our players in the long run and you still yet to reply and just go on about how I don't want to give credit to D'Antoni and all that nonsense. Look Phil aside I just don't think D'Antoni is an elite coach, even if we win he might be someone like Spoelstra, a avg. coach who happens to have had a talented team that won him a ring. My opinion is unbiased believe what you want as I often say time will tell.

Posted Image

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,026 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 04:40 PM

Funny I pointed out twice now how D'Antoni's fast paced offense might hurt our players in the long run and you still yet to reply and just go on about how I don't want to give credit to D'Antoni and all that nonsense. Look Phil aside I just don't think D'Antoni is an elite coach, even if we win he might be someone like Spoelstra, a avg. coach who happens to have had a talented team that won him a ring. My opinion is unbiased believe what you want as I often say time will tell.

Because your definition of D'antoni's offense which you said was "his offense is SIMPLE and fast implemented sure, take the ball and run." which showed me that you have no idea what you are talking about as far as his offense goes and didn't merit a response because there's nothing to defend, you're just incorrect.

And dude everyone can see your "phil goggles" posting throughout this entire post and realize you're far from 'unbiased'. Please don't try to act like you are now.

You aren't unbiased because at the prospect of Phil returning you put on your "Phil is better than everything" glasses and you still haven't taken them off. After Phil retired and you took them off you said you were optimistic about Mike Brown. But when Phil's name is out there as far as the D'antoni hire is concerned you put them back on and have said many idiotically biased things in this post ignoring the obvious and logic. I don't have to quote them because they are on this page and a page back.

Also, if you want me to respond to your opinion of the offense at least get the offense right.

Edited by Majesty, November 17, 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#35 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 10:53 PM

Because your definition of D'antoni's offense which you said was "his offense is SIMPLE and fast implemented sure, take the ball and run." which showed me that you have no idea what you are talking about as far as his offense goes and didn't merit a response because there's nothing to defend, you're just incorrect.

And dude everyone can see your "phil goggles" posting throughout this entire post and realize you're far from 'unbiased'. Please don't try to act like you are now.

You aren't unbiased because at the prospect of Phil returning you put on your "Phil is better than everything" glasses and you still haven't taken them off. After Phil retired and you took them off you said you were optimistic about Mike Brown. But when Phil's name is out there as far as the D'antoni hire is concerned you put them back on and have said many idiotically biased things in this post ignoring the obvious and logic. I don't have to quote them because they are on this page and a page back.

Also, if you want me to respond to your opinion of the offense at least get the offense right.

Seems like no matter what I say my opinions are biased, untrue and illogical to you and West Coast but hey here's the thing no matter what time will tell.

You say I don't know about D'Antoni's offense but yet I have pointed out many things in my posts concerning his offense.

Number 1 which you still refrain from giving me a response and I pointed out many times before, injuries and the amount of body stress this system can put on these players. Gasol is not the fastest 4 in the league he can't run, Kobe and Nash 2 of our main players cannot be running up and down the court throughout the whole season they are not as fast as they were and they certainty do not have the same strong body they use to.

Number 2, this offense needs a true point guard that can dominate the ball which we have in Nash. Now Nash in Phoenix always had solid backups that could run the offense well and we clearly don't have that here, when Nash sits then what?

Number 3, It's uptempo Gasol is not the fastest 4 in the league as previously mentioned which is why I think there are rumors of a Gasol/Smith trade. So Gasol may indeed not fit in the running aspect and who is going to fit that bill.

Number 4 and probably one of the main areas for this offense success in the 3 point shooters. This offense needs like 2-4 guys that can shoot the 3 and so far besides Kobe and MWP I don't see consistent 3 pt shooters and that is a problem a major problem. D'Antoni in PHX always had great 3 pt shooters.

Number 5, the bench... that's one thing they had in Phoenix in the 05-07 seasons, those benches were able to score 27-28 PPG and last year we had the worse scoring bench in the NBA and this season we are second to last comprende penultimate.

Now can you take those "D'Antoni's perfect fit for Lakers" glasses off and read and respond without being unbiased. Even you have to admit that this is not a 100% fit.

Posted Image

#36 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 18, 2012 - 12:05 PM

"Lies, Damn Lies and statistics" MTwain makes no difference what happened before, its whats happenin now. I didn't want PJ as his health is an issue, you need to "know" when to hang it up, And its time enjoy life cheer for the Lakers

#37 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,026 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 03:35 PM

Seems like no matter what I say my opinions are biased, untrue and illogical to you and West Coast but hey here's the thing no matter what time will tell.

Time already told when you made the posts earlier in this topic.

You say I don't know about D'Antoni's offense but yet I have pointed out many things in my posts concerning his offense.

Then bring them here, if your entire opinion is still you 'take the ball and run' then we're done on that subject.

Number 1 which you still refrain from giving me a response and I pointed out many times before, injuries and the amount of body stress this system can put on these players. Gasol is not the fastest 4 in the league he can't run, Kobe and Nash 2 of our main players cannot be running up and down the court throughout the whole season they are not as fast as they were and they certainty do not have the same strong body they use to.

That's why I'm not going to respond to your opinion of the offense, because again, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about if you think the variation of his offense will have us running up and down the court the whole game. His offense isn't based around running all the darn time. Like I said, you have no idea what you're talking about as far as his offense goes.

Your ENTIRE opinion on his offense is based on the fact you think we'll be running the whole time because that's your ONLY understanding of his offense, an understanding which I've said over and over and over again is incorrect. You simply keep ignoring that and keep trying to say the same thing over and over and over again that was incorrect the first time, and again is incorrect the fourth time.

Number 2, this offense needs a true point guard that can dominate the ball which we have in Nash. Now Nash in Phoenix always had solid backups that could run the offense well and we clearly don't have that here, when Nash sits then what?

D'antoni disagrees with you and has been after Blake for years and feels he's perfect for the offense so we'll see won't we? Morris has even played marginally alright within it so I'm not worried once Blake gets back. Duhon is the guy I fear despite him playing in it before(and having his best year under it)

Number 3, It's uptempo Gasol is not the fastest 4 in the league as previously mentioned which is why I think there are rumors of a Gasol/Smith trade. So Gasol may indeed not fit in the running aspect and who is going to fit that bill.

Once again your opinion is based upon you thinking we'll be running the whole time.. and again, you're wrong.

Number 4 and probably one of the main areas for this offense success in the 3 point shooters. This offense needs like 2-4 guys that can shoot the 3 and so far besides Kobe and MWP I don't see consistent 3 pt shooters and that is a problem a major problem. D'Antoni in PHX always had great 3 pt shooters.

Besides Kobe and MWP? Alright Nash can shoot threes, Blake can shoot threes, Jamison can shoot threes, Meeks can shoot threes. heck the only thing Duhon can do anymore is shoot threes(42% from there last year) So what were you saying again? sigh...

Number 5, the bench... that's one thing they had in Phoenix in the 05-07 seasons, those benches were able to score 27-28 PPG and last year we had the worse scoring bench in the NBA and this season we are second to last comprende penultimate.

Both Meeks and Jamison should flourish in this offense, Morris has already shown it benefits the style of basketball he likes to play and it would do the same for Blake. D'antoni's offense is the perfect fit for our bench as it's currently constructed, more so than the triangle would be.

Now can you take those "D'Antoni's perfect fit for Lakers" glasses off and read and respond without being unbiased. Even you have to admit that this is not a 100% fit.

I'm giving you logic and pointing out where you're wrong while you keep trying to prove the same argument over and over again.

Honestly I should have stopped reading when you mentioned Metta and Kobe as the only three points shooters on this team while the others would be unreliable but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Now that I've torn down ANOTHER argument, maybe you'll just stop now.

#38 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 07:16 PM

Time already told when you made the posts earlier in this topic.

Then bring them here, if your entire opinion is still you 'take the ball and run' then we're done on that subject.

That's why I'm not going to respond to your opinion of the offense, because again, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about if you think the variation of his offense will have us running up and down the court the whole game. His offense isn't based around running all the darn time. Like I said, you have no idea what you're talking about as far as his offense goes.

Your ENTIRE opinion on his offense is based on the fact you think we'll be running the whole time because that's your ONLY understanding of his offense, an understanding which I've said over and over and over again is incorrect. You simply keep ignoring that and keep trying to say the same thing over and over and over again that was incorrect the first time, and again is incorrect the fourth time.

Ridiculous to not acknowledge what is true, you my friend are biased as hell.

D'antoni disagrees with you and has been after Blake for years and feels he's perfect for the offense so we'll see won't we? Morris has even played marginally alright within it so I'm not worried once Blake gets back. Duhon is the guy I fear despite him playing in it before(and having his best year under it)

I don't see Blake running this offense as good as Nash or even as good as other back up PG that Nash has had before its day and night between the two but like you said we'll see.

Once again your opinion is based upon you thinking we'll be running the whole time.. and again, you're wrong.

Besides Kobe and MWP? Alright Nash can shoot threes, Blake can shoot threes, Jamison can shoot threes, Meeks can shoot threes. heck the only thing Duhon can do anymore is shoot threes(42% from there last year) So what were you saying again? sigh...

Nash can shoot 3s but he barely shoots in games his job is run the offense find open shooters set PnR etc.

Jamison 22 3p% and Meeks 23%. Blake can sometimes shoots idk sometimes more than not seems like he disappears but he is shooting 40%. Still the PGs have to manage the offense not shoot as much.

Both Meeks and Jamison should flourish in this offense, Morris has already shown it benefits the style of basketball he likes to play and it would do the same for Blake. D'antoni's offense is the perfect fit for our bench as it's currently constructed, more so than the triangle would be.

I'm giving you logic and pointing out where you're wrong while you keep trying to prove the same argument over and over again.

Honestly I should have stopped reading when you mentioned Metta and Kobe as the only three points shooters on this team while the others would be unreliable but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Now that I've torn down ANOTHER argument, maybe you'll just stop now.

I did not say Kobe and MWP are the only 3p shooters I said they are the only consistent 3 pt shooters, I know we have others who can shoot but we need them to be consistent not to play 1 good game and disappear the next 3 games. Bro you haven't torn down any of my arguments, your arguments has been the same piece of crap you been repeating that this offense will not run the whole time and I'm wrong lol dude open your eyes you are not giving solid responses.

Posted Image

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,026 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Ridiculous to not acknowledge what is true, you my friend are biased as hell.

It's not true, we aren't going to be running the whole game, or even the majority of the game. You been wrong since the first post. Why would I acknowledge anything you've said about how we're gonna run the offense when your first statement is incorrect.

I don't see Blake running this offense as good as Nash or even as good as other back up PG that Nash has had before its day and night between the two but like you said we'll see.

Yep we'll see

Nash can shoot 3s but he barely shoots in games his job is run the offense find open shooters set PnR etc.

Jamison 22 3p% and Meeks 23%. Blake can sometimes shoots idk sometimes more than not seems like he disappears but he is shooting 40%. Still the PGs have to manage the offense not shoot as much.

Whomever is open shoots. Nash used to create a shot for himself a LOT and would probably be doing what Morris is asked to do, and Morris had 12 points tonight. Nash is a consistent 3 point shooter and with the players around him will have more wide open three opportunities than he's had in his career. When's the last time Nash had ANYONE on his team that demanded a double team? Exactly.

I did not say Kobe and MWP are the only 3p shooters I said they are the only consistent 3 pt shooters,

Steve Nash....

I know we have others who can shoot but we need them to be consistent not to play 1 good game and disappear the next 3 games. Bro you haven't torn down any of my arguments, your arguments has been the same piece of crap you been repeating that this offense will not run the whole time and I'm wrong lol dude open your eyes you are not giving solid responses.

Actually I've torn down all your arguments and given solid responses breaking your logic. You can refuse to admit it all you want but everyone that's read our debate will see that. If anyone is giving the crap responses and repeating the same stuff that's been disproved, it's not me.

#40 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 10:43 PM

RT @mcten: Kobe on D'Antoni's system hurting LA in the playoffs: "Oh, yeah, because we don't have players here that can get shots in the halfcourt."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users