84 replies to this topic

#61 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 15, 2012 - 07:29 AM

Already said I'm not going to get into a fruitless argument when we obviously disagree. You've taken the opportunity twice to throw a bunch of stat/game [expletive] at me when you know that you can't compare a SG and a PG by numbers and style alone just to prove a point or read your own analysis - greatness isn't about skillset or numbers or even perception to me man...

Kobe as great as he is will never mean to hoops in LA and hoops to the NBA what Magic meant in his time no matter how many titles he wins, not to mention it's taken him 4 extra years just to match titles to Magic and (hopefully more as a Laker fan) to surpass him. Kobe retired at 31 is less dynamic than Magic at 31 even with the extra 3 years that Kobe got going from HS to the NBA.

We disagree, let it lie there instead of the passive aggressive "ok we disagree, fair enough after I've had my say" [expletive] you're spewing right now.

Fundamentally, we disagree and I'll let it lie when you do - just don't think I'm going to kiss your ass like so many of the LN posters do because you own this forum. Let it rest or don't, but don't lie about it.

The most polarizing player possibly in NBA history doesnt mean anything to Lakers nor NBA??? HMMMM lets think a minute who has replaced MJ as the clear cut top dog = Kobe the best player of his era & he played & still plays with soon to be ATGs. Kobe has shattered the NBA record books along with almost all the LAKER record books. The Lakers = Kobe BRyant = 17 yrs & still counting. Magic has a statue you really think Kobe is not getting a statue after he is completely done with the game?

You are blinded by ur hate for Kobe it seems cuz there will never be another Kobe nor any Laker player that remains with 1 team only as long as Kobe has & records the stats he has done & will continue to do. Stop the hate & appreciate!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#62 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 15, 2012 - 08:11 AM

Magic Johnson should keep his mouth closed and let Mitch, Buss and company work properly.

Edited by Nak, November 15, 2012 - 08:11 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#63 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 15, 2012 - 08:19 AM

RD strikes again. Damn.

#64 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 15, 2012 - 08:28 AM

Magic is right, did you all hear what he said, he said PJ wanted to coach this Laker team and that Jim Buss who is a nobody in Laker history did not want the greatest b-ball coach in history. That means Jim and Mitch are lying about about how the meeting went down between Jim, Mitch and PJ.
You do not sign MD to a contract like it was an Emergency, MD was going nowhere, in fact he was/is not even able to physically coach the team, or even fly from NY to LA whitout the approval of his Dr....there was no urgency except for Jim Buss to lock PJ out of coaching this Laker team. Jim Buss is classless, he is Daddy's little boy, it is clear he is not popular especially after firing long time Laker employees, acted classless with Brian Shaw, he is just a spoiled child/adult that has power.
Dr. Buss has been a GREAT owner, however giving his son control over the Lakers was a huge mistake. Jerry West should be running the Lakers, and there is nobody that would hire Jim Buss over Jerry West to be in chage of a Pro basketball team.
When Mitch came out and said the hiring of MB was agreed to by Jerry and himsef and Jim he was lying, Jim Buss clearly hired MB, it was his choice and a horrible choice at that. Mitch lied about that and Mitch is lying about the MD hiring as well, Mitch checks are signed by Jim and Mitch has sold out his integrity. The Lakers are "reality TV/Soap Opera" basketball team...I am not proud to be a Laker fan right now, Jim Buss is creepy and is a power/ control freak, and Dr. Buss love for his children has clouded his common sense! This is my own opinion, I wish I did not feel this way, but I do.......
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#65 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 08:47 AM

Magic is right, did you all hear what he said, he said PJ wanted to coach this Laker team and that Jim Buss who is a nobody in Laker history did not want the greatest b-ball coach in history. That means Jim and Mitch are lying about about how the meeting went down between Jim, Mitch and PJ.
You do not sign MD to a contract like it was an Emergency, MD was going nowhere, in fact he was/is not even able to physically coach the team, or even fly from NY to LA whitout the approval of his Dr....there was no urgency except for Jim Buss to lock PJ out of coaching this Laker team. Jim Buss is classless, he is Daddy's little boy, it is clear he is not popular especially after firing long time Laker employees, acted classless with Brian Shaw, he is just a spoiled child/adult that has power.
Dr. Buss has been a GREAT owner, however giving his son control over the Lakers was a huge mistake. Jerry West should be running the Lakers, and there is nobody that would hire Jim Buss over Jerry West to be in chage of a Pro basketball team.
When Mitch came out and said the hiring of MB was agreed to by Jerry and himsef and Jim he was lying, Jim Buss clearly hired MB, it was his choice and a horrible choice at that. Mitch lied about that and Mitch is lying about the MD hiring as well, Mitch checks are signed by Jim and Mitch has sold out his integrity. The Lakers are "reality TV/Soap Opera" basketball team...I am not proud to be a Laker fan right now, Jim Buss is creepy and is a power/ control freak, and Dr. Buss love for his children has clouded his common sense! This is my own opinion, I wish I did not feel this way, but I do.......

Jerry buss wanted MDT and didn't want PJ. Is he a nobody in Laker history?

Didn't think so.

Also weren't you the one that was dissapointed that we traded Bynum for Howard. LoL seems like you are never happy.

#66 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 09:11 AM

Didn't think so.

Also weren't you the one that was dissapointed that we traded Bynum for Howard. LoL seems like you are never happy.

Why is being disappointed a bad thing.....DH staying and resigning with the Lakers has recently become an issue, that was an issue I had when we traded for DH, however I got hammered on another site for even suggesting that...that is still a concern and a bigger concern because of recent events and the fact that DH does not seem happy with the way things are going in Laker land.
I also wanted Gasol traded to improve the team and I am unhappy with the way management has destroyed what little bench we had. We could sure use Shannon Brown and Matt Barnes right now, instead we have a washed up Jamison (good guy to bad we did not have him a few yeras ago) and a nobody in Meeks.
Kobe Bryant is the only reason why this team has any shot at doing well, thank goodness for Kobe, he and he alone has kept the Lakers on top and this Laker management group has been living off Kobe for several years now Yea, I am not a happy Laker camper!
I go way back with the Lakers I was at the Forum when we beat the Celtics for the championship and even before that the 72 championship team....I am not a proud Laker fan right now!
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#67 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 09:19 AM

Didn't think so.

And one other thing, you have no Idea who's idea it was to sign MDT.... Mitch was lying when he said MB was agreed to by Jerry himself and JB..We all know now it was Jimmy that wanted MB, believing Mitch is not wise!
Abraham Lincoln

#68 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 09:59 AM

Why is being disappointed a bad thing.....DH staying and resigning with the Lakers has recently become an issue, that was an issue I had when we traded for DH, however I got hammered on another site for even suggesting that...that is still a concern and a bigger concern because of recent events and the fact that DH does not seem happy with the way things are going in Laker land.
I also wanted Gasol traded to improve the team and I am unhappy with the way management has destroyed what little bench we had. We could sure use Shannon Brown and Matt Barnes right now, instead we have a washed up Jamison (good guy to bad we did not have him a few yeras ago) and a nobody in Meeks.
Kobe Bryant is the only reason why this team has any shot at doing well, thank goodness for Kobe, he and he alone has kept the Lakers on top and this Laker management group has been living off Kobe for several years now Yea, I am not a happy Laker camper!
I go way back with the Lakers I was at the Forum when we beat the Celtics for the championship and even before that the 72 championship team....I am not a proud Laker fan right now!

Yea sure want Shannon Brown back.....the one with a low bball iq and bad defense. No thanks. Oh and Barnes the one that dissappeared twice in the the playoffs. Oh yea great suggestions.

Oh yea because Dwight or Hill haven't been doing anything. Right.......

The Lakers got DH and Nash while keeping Kobe and Gasol. If you are not proud of that....well thats just sad.

And one other thing,you have no Idea who's idea it was to sign MDT.... Mitch was lying when he said MB was agreed to by Jerry himself and JB..We all know now it was Jimmy that wanted MB, believing Mitch is not wise!

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/13/sports/la-sp-simers-lakers-20121113

I have read that it was Mitch's, Jerrys and Jim's choice. Bring me any real evidence stating otherwise.

Now you say I have no idea that it was jerry's choice to pick MDT.

But you have no idea and zero proof that it was only Jim's choice to choose MB. And you have no idea and zero proof that DH is unhappy here.

#69 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 15, 2012 - 10:04 AM

Magic Johnson is my favorite Lakers of all time. I am his biggest fan. But he is the worst NBA analyst of all time and he needs to be quiet. I said this many times over and over again and I hope Lakers fans can understand this. Apparently you guys are too stupid to understand. DR BUSS WAS THE ONE WHO WANTS TO GO WITH MDT!!!!! This is not all Jim Buss. How come Mitch get the credit for the players and the two championships with but Jim gets all the blame? See how retarded that is? And if you people think it doesn't go through Dr Buss you guys are more stupid than I thoguht. Stop blamming Jim Buss for everything. Blame him for some things but not everything.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#70 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 15, 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'm fine with Magic sharing his honest opinion on how he feels. However the fact remains Jim is the son of Dr Jerry Buss the owner. Whether its Jerry or really was Jims decision to go with DAntoni, it's their family business so they can choose whoever they like. As the Mike Brown hiring proves, they have to pay financially for it and live with the public backlash if it doesn't work out. Also if it wasn't for Jim putting his ego aside, Bynum would still be a Laker and Mike Brown would still be coaching us. I like Magic would have preferred Phil but the fact is they went with DAntoni. Even though i dont fully agree with the decision, I understand their reasons and I will back the FO and this
team regardless because I love the Lakers. If Magic truly loves the Lakers he would do so also.

#71 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 11:00 AM

Yea sure want Shannon Brown back.....the one with a low bball iq and bad defense. No thanks. Oh and Barnes the one that dissappeared twice in the the playoffs. Oh yea great suggestions.

Oh yea because Dwight or Hill haven't been doing anything. Right.......

The Lakers got DH and Nash while keeping Kobe and Gasol. If you are not proud of that....well thats just sad.

http://articles.lati...lakers-20121113

I have read that it was Mitch's, Jerrys and Jim's choice. Bring me any real evidence stating otherwise.

Now you say I have no idea that it was jerry's choice to pick MDT.

But you have no idea and zero proof that it was only Jim's choice to choose MB. And you have no idea and zero proof that DH is unhappy here.

Saying Barnes was misssing in the playoffs without mentioning he was hurt and that the 20 million dollar man Gasol who gets paid to make a diffenence disappeared is low. Matt was a very good bench player especially for 2 mil..and Shannon Brown is also a very good bench player, neither was expensive and both are very good athletes and both have speed, something that the Lakers need desperately.
And if you have not decided on your own that MB was a Jim Buss hire you apparently have not followed the events and how they went down. I also believe Magic on this issue as well.
I can tell we will not have any common ground on these issues...you have your opinion and I have mine...it happens
Abraham Lincoln

#72 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Saying Barnes was misssing in the playoffs without mentioning he was hurt and that the 20 million dollar man Gasol who gets paid to make a diffenence disappeared is low. Matt was a very good bench player especially for 2 mil..and Shannon Brown is also a very good bench player, neither was expensive and both are very good athletes and both have speed, something that the Lakers need desperately.
And if you have not decided on your own that MB was a Jim Buss hire you apparently have not followed the events and how they went down. I also believe Magic on this issue as well.
I can tell we will not have any common ground on these issues...you have your opinion and I have mine...it happens

No they weren't....thats why they got rid of them.

You mean I have evidence and you don't. Yea thanks.

#73 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'm fine with Magic sharing his honest opinion on how he feels. However the fact remains Jim is the son of Dr Jerry Buss the owner. Whether its Jerry or really was Jims decision to go with DAntoni, it's their family business so they can choose whoever they like. As the Mike Brown hiring proves, they have to pay financially for it and live with the public backlash if it doesn't work out. Also if it wasn't for Jim putting his ego aside, Bynum would still be a Laker and Mike Brown would still be coaching us. I like Magic would have preferred Phil but the fact is they went with DAntoni. Even though i dont fully agree with the decision, I understand their reasons and I will back the FO and this
team regardless because I love the Lakers. If Magic truly loves the Lakers he would do so also.

Magic is upset with Jim Buss and has every right to be. Magic knows the ins and outs of the Lakers and is frustrated with how Laker management has handled this team. Magic is clearly the most important part of Laker history and I am with him 100%.
Abraham Lincoln

#74 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 15, 2012 - 11:29 AM

^kobe says hello

#75 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,566 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 15, 2012 - 01:26 PM

I kinda wish Magic wouldn't say stuff like this on prime time television, especially as a response to Celtics homer Bill Simmons. Mitch gets credit for Dwight and Nash, Jim gets the blame for Mike Brown/D'Antoni. All reports clearly indicate that it was a unanimous decision. It's one thing to say that you don't like the hiring, but he pretty much crushed Jim, said he has no faith in him and what not. Can we at least give him a week before we declare that Jim Buss is terrible?

#76 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 01:33 PM

RT @LakersReporter: Bryant was asked about Magic's comments re: Jim Buss. Kobe said he can only judge what he knows, & that Jim has been "phenomenal".

RT @LakersReporter: Kobe credited Jim Buss as playing an essential role (alongside Kupchak) in acquiring Nash & Howard. Buss suggested first call to Nash.

Well this is awkward..... Again

#77 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,492 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 01:34 PM

Magic is upset with Jim Buss and has every right to be. Magic knows the ins and outs of the Lakers and is frustrated with how Laker management has handled this team. Magic is clearly the most important part of Laker history and I am with him 100%.

Knows the ins and outs of a team he sold his shares over a year ago.

Didn't know he was invited to all the meetings still. :thumbup:

#78 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 02:30 PM

The decision to bypass Phil Jackson and hire Mike D’Antoni came from Los Angeles Lakers patriarch Jerry Buss, according to a source.

The elder Buss is no longer involved in day-to-day affairs and has transferred many of his former responsibilities to his son, Jim.

"Make no mistake about it, Jerry Buss made the final call on firing Mike Brown, passing over Jackson and ultimately deciding on D'Antoni," confirmed an NBA source who requested anonymity. "The management structure is a democracy up to a certain point; but when something very big comes up, Jerry makes the decision.

"That's not to say he overrules his guys all the time -- he doesn't. But if he disagrees, he uses his veto power to do what is in the best interests of his organization. He's overruled Kupchak and he even went against Jerry West sometimes. They would have animated discussions, and Dr. Buss would listen, then sometimes do what he wanted."

http://www.foxsportswest.com/11/15/12/Jerry-Buss-had-final-call-on-DAntoni-dec/landing_lakers.html?blockID=820341&feedID=3782

#79 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted November 15, 2012 - 02:40 PM

http://www.foxsports...341&feedID=3782

This definitely makes sense. Jerry Buss is a man who doesn't want to seem desperate and give up a lot of power and ownership stake for Phil Jackson. He's been around long enough and probably felt it wasn't necessary and he could get a decent coach and maybe bring back a little bit of the showtime he's been missing for 20-30 years.

#80 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,142 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 02:43 PM

Someone should go on tv and take shots at the Dodger's ownership. They really did a great job in spending their money wisely.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users