#21 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted November 14, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Ya'll must not remember Magic the player to criticize him so freely. He has a free pass to speak his mind in my book. Doesn't mean I have to agree, but the greatest Laker of them all deserves more respect.

That's called being a homer. The same thing you all criticize others for doing. [expletive]ty analysis deserves being called out no matter who gives it. Great on the court. Horrible when his mouth opens.
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#22 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 343 posts
  • Name:Besnik
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 14, 2012 - 09:40 PM

jim buss did not get us nash and howard, kupchak did, jim was not even willing to spend money.

Magic telling it as it is, but i kinda agree with you all here too, he should not make comments like this, eventhough he is right

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,544 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 14, 2012 - 09:45 PM

jim buss did not get us nash and howard, kupchak did, jim was not even willing to spend money.

Magic telling it as it is, but i kinda agree with you all here too, he should not make comments like this, eventhough he is right

*facepalm*

Add this one to the list

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#24 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,726 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted November 14, 2012 - 09:48 PM

Honestly, nobody cares what the second-greatest Laker of all time has to say when it comes to owning a team, just like nobody cares what Michael Jordan thinks in the same regard. Both are incredible basketball players...and, well, that's all.

#25 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 14, 2012 - 09:51 PM

2nd greatest lol. I'm not going to make a pointless argument with the sentiment - just not worth it, smh.

#26 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 343 posts
  • Name:Besnik

Posted November 14, 2012 - 09:51 PM

*facepalm*

Add this one to the list

you have forgotten all of his interviews in which he was saying that he is looking to get under luxury tax?

#27 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,014 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 14, 2012 - 09:52 PM

A while ago magic was saying we need to get dwight howard no matter what. Trade pau and bynum. We just traded bynum and got howard. Magic tends to forget a lot of things. Jim may not be as good as jerry but he has done well.

Also to what magic was saying towards jim just not saying they wanted Mike and not phil. They did say that. They gave the curious ask of phil but really always seemed to have mike as there man. I love how the media also tries to act like the FO was making it out that Phil was the leading candidate but yet he never was. That was total speculation. The media made so much up its ridiculous I mean even the LA times saying 95% chance of getting Phil yet they had no clue what was going on.

I cant wait till we start getting deep in the playoffs and Magic starts talking about how good of a coach mike its blah blah blah. I mean stop flip flopping.

#28 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,821 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 14, 2012 - 09:59 PM

2nd greatest lol. I'm not going to make a pointless argument with the sentiment - just not worth it, smh.

Don't be mad that your favorite Laker is no longer the greatest Laker :81:

#29 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,596 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Great player, terrible flip-flopper.

#30 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,929 posts

The problem I have is it's coming from a guy who sold his stake in the team and for the last 3-4 years has constantly ran his mouth about the Lakers as if he hates them. In addition, his comments almost seem as if they are meant to turn the fan base against the front office which is a very classless thing to do considering he is considered one of the greatest Lakers of all time.

If this was Bill Simmons, Charles Barkley, Mark Cuban or anyone else not associated with the Lakers, it would be absolute outrage within our fan base. The things he has said is something you expect from those guys I listed.

He has the right to say whatever he wants... as does anyone else, but it doesn't make his comments okay.

As with any owner/GM/decision maker, they will never be perfect. Jim Buss got us Dwight Howard/Steve Nash (despite what some people may think). You can't blame him for the mistakes but not give him credit for the good things. That's very ignorant on so many levels. He made a mistake hiring Mike Brown. He got us some very good players. He hired D'Antoni which NO ONE knows how that will turn out.

#31 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,726 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:03 PM

POPULAR

You aren't going to make a pointless argument because it's not in your favor, which deems it pointless for the both of us. Magic has nothing over Kobe, aside from passing the ball and rebounding. He's not a better scorer (not even close), not a better defender (not even close), not a better shooter (not even close), doesn't have the Lakers records that Kobe does (which includes the steals record), played in an era where scoring was extremely high and defense was actually rated lower than it was in the Kobe era (which is a FACT, easy to prove), and instead of having just Shaq, or just Gasol and Odom, on his championship teams...he had Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Green, Nixon, Wilkes, McAdoo...six of those eight being all-stars, Cooper being a former DPOY in 1987.

Please don't bother, dude. Once Kobe got his fifth ring, he shook off Magic by being the better overall player. Magic took a backseat, and up until that night in June 2010, that's all he had on Kobe anyway.

#32 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:14 PM

I never liked Jim Buss and I still don't but I still agree with everyone that Magic should just stop he goes out of his way to criticize the Lakers every chance he gets.

#33 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,508 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:15 PM

It's an argument to even consider him better than Kareem let alone Kobe
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#34 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,946 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Young

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:20 PM

Apparently D'antoni called Magic. That's awesome since Magic has been trashing him. :rofl: Maybe he will see the light.

CHAD.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#35 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:21 PM

You aren't going to make a pointless argument because it's not in your favor, which deems it pointless for the both of us. Magic has nothing over Kobe, aside from passing the ball and rebounding. He's not a better scorer (not even close), not a better defender (not even close), not a better shooter (not even close), doesn't have the Lakers records that Kobe does (which includes the steals record), played in an era where scoring was extremely high and defense was actually rated lower than it was in the Kobe era (which is a FACT, easy to prove), and instead of having just Shaq, or just Gasol and Odom, on his championship teams...he had Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Scott, Green, Nixon, Wilkes, McAdoo...six of those eight being all-stars, Cooper being a former DPOY in 1987.

Please don't bother, dude. Once Kobe got his fifth ring, he shook off Magic by being the better overall player. Magic took a backseat, and up until that night in June 2010, that's all he had on Kobe anyway.

Great post as usual good sir. Kobe is clearly the greatest Laker ever and that came to fruition as you said after beating the Celtics in Game 7 in the 2010 Finals.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 14, 2012 - 10:24 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#36 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 209 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:23 PM

It's an argument to even consider him better than Kareem let alone Kobe

I am pretty sure Magic has gone on record for saying that Kobe is the greatest Laker.

#37 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,708 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:23 PM

I understand he gets paid to speak his mind on ESPN but I just find it classless when he goes after the organization
and the owners son on live television.

Edited by TheMadSci, November 14, 2012 - 10:35 PM.

The North Remembers

#38 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,089 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:28 PM

Magic is a true laker fan and I back him 100%. I believe he is being sincere and he is right Jim has made 2 mistakes by hiring the last 2 laker coaches I just pray we can win.

Posted Image

#39 Slammin' Stevie

Slammin' Stevie

Rookie

• 10 posts
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:36 PM

You know what.....We would of all been "THRILLED" to have D'Antoni last week immediately after the firing of Brown.

Then we got nostalgic and said let's bring back the ZEN MASTER....I too fell for it. You know what.....the Triangle can be a stifling offense, and I saw it stall over the years. I remember yelling at the TV and telling Jackson to trash the Triangle. It was boring, and slowed the game down. I was used to yelling at Magic in the 80's RUN EM, RUN EM, RUN EM....

SHOWTIME ROCKED.....

Bottom line is this....We have 4 of the greatest players on the Planet. Great Players Ball.....

These guys are the FANTASTIC FOUR, I could Coach the Lakers and if "They Ball" I would bring LA a ring....

Phil or Mike or Slammin' Stevie.......it's on the players now

Edited by Slammin' Stevie, November 14, 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#40 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:40 PM

We have Dwight Howard and Steve Nash thanks to Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak. What more does one need to believe in this guy?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users