44 replies to this topic

#21 lildvl10

lildvl10

Rookie

• 641 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 14, 2012 - 05:24 PM

Last couple games his body language hasn't been too happy IMO, seems annoyed by Gasol and Kobe at times. Probably annoyed at how many touches his been getting.

i noticed this too about him.. specially vs golden state or kings where he only scored 8 or 10 points.. not sure exactly but yeah noticed it too

#22 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,250 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:35 PM

99%

1) Lakers are one of the biggest fan bases in the world - Can you imagine the backlash he will receive? When has a player left in FA for another team from the Lakers? Howards rep is already low because of the "dwightmare" imagine going to a 3rd team in a space of 15 months? Public backlash, hated by a LOT of NBA fans etc etc. Its a PR disaster.

2) Howard Loves LAs lifestyle. He already in love with the city, its people and fans.

3) Lakers franchise has already showed they mean business and will do anything to win a championship - Firing of Mike Brown? Getting Nash? I wont be suprised if we do another small move as the season goes by to make sure we win. Also have showed not to be tight and will be spend any amount of money as long as were contenders and have a chance to win

4) Lakers take care of their superstars aka Kobe Bryant

5) The keys to LA are his in 2-3 years when Kobe retires, he will be the "big" star in LA.

6) His options are so very limited. Dallas? Atlanta? Unless him and CP3 both leave the LA teams and go somewhere together which are both unlikely situations due to the above reasons.

7) Leaving 30 million on the table to switch teams

1% chance goes to him and Kobe having a fight, him not working out with management, us going 20-62 this season. As you can see these situations are very unlikely thus the 1%

Edited by Lakers4Life, November 14, 2012 - 07:04 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#23 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,250 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:39 PM

i noticed this too about him.. specially vs golden state or kings where he only scored 8 or 10 points.. not sure exactly but yeah noticed it too

I think its a combination of things

1) Lack of touches
2) Lot of losing lately
3) Frustrated because of injury and not being his usual dominant self
4) Chemistry issues - team has not clicked

All those factors hurt you and make your body language look bad.
Laker fan for life.

#24 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:47 PM

On another board I got hammered to suggest that Howard might not resign...he would have to leave 30 million on the table. However who wants to be on a "reality team" the Lakers are a live sports soap opera right now. If the lakers do not win the championship I believe Howard will leave 30 mil on the table and go to a team where there is less drama and a team where he is clearly the man!
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#25 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 14, 2012 - 07:02 PM

On another board I got hammered to suggest that Howard might not resign...he would have to leave 30 million on the table. However who wants to be on a "reality team" the Lakers are a live sports soap opera right now. If the lakers do not win the championship I believe Howard will leave 30 mil on the table and go to a team where there is less drama and a team where he is clearly the man!

Agree he would leave 30 million on the table. The guy can get endorsement deals anywhere. CP3 Smith and Dwight are FA this summer so who knows. But like i said its way too early to tell if he will re-sign or not . A big deciding factor is how far we make it in the post season, you know if we dont win it all or even get sent out 2nd round or semi finals people (including Dwight) will be wondering if we could of won it with Phil.
Posted Image

#26 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,250 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 07:03 PM

Dont be so pessimistic read my above reasons lol. I should add that. 30 million is a lot to leave on the table.
Laker fan for life.

#27 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,218 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:01 PM

one thing he doesnt want again is. being hated specially here in LA. so idk if its a smart move if he'll not sign here.

#28 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:38 PM

You just pessimistic or do you pick up some "vibes" he's throwing out that most of us are missing? Do you see the commercial over and over that airs on Time Warner with Backstage Lakers with Dwight super excited and at a loss for words looking at the banners/jerseys/trophies with Mitch? That is one dude who will most likely not go anywhere assuming we don't flat out suck this year.

My opinion of course

I don't think he looks happy

#29 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,959 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:44 PM

The personality of players usually changes depending on what team they're on. Just because he isn't joking around like he was in ORL doesn't mean he's unhappy.

Lebron's personality changed the day he went to Miami. It doesn't mean he was unhappy as soon as he got there.

Posted Image

#30 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'm laughing at these guys saying "ooo yes he doesn't look happy out there, look at how sluggish he is etc". Guys! Are you kidding me?? He's been known his whole career to be a joker, a guy thats not serious and now he's come to LA, the mecca of basketball cities and joined the biggest franchise in the world alongside Kobe Bryant...he has to be more serious now, especially when on the court.

And also he is a proffesional and he understands like the rest of the players that you don't jel overnight, they nearly beat SAS last night without our 2 best PGs on the court and a coach while still being a fresh new team. That wouldn't have happened in Orlando or in Dallas or BKN. If Kobe can stay here his whole career then I'm pretty sure Dwight will be wondering, "Damn this must be a city and team that has good stuff to offer and a winning team" because we will no matter what be a title contender and I think next year is when we win it. Our management is the best in the league and they hate losing just like our fans so a player has to respect that.

SO stop with all this, ughh he looks sad, aw he's going to leave. Its bull, he's a serious player now playing for a serious team.
He will re-sign and this will be the team that builds around HIM!.

Edited by haztronic, November 14, 2012 - 08:51 PM.

DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#31 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,593 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 14, 2012 - 09:24 PM

The alternatives are, i guess:

Atlanta. Horford, Teague, Lou Williams and 35 million in capspace. They could resign Josh Smith AND sign Howard to a max.
Howard-Horford-Smith-Williams-Teague is quite a fearsome lineup.

Brooklyn. NO capspace whatsoever, so they would have to do a sign-and-trade. I dont see this happening at all, unless Howard decides not to resign with LA. A third team would be involved and LA would still get a solid haul of players back.

Dallas. Has Dirk, Marion, Mayo, Carter, Collison, Beaubois and somewhere between 15-30 million in cap-space depending on how many of these five guys they keep/unload. Could sign Howard to Max and keep most or all of these guys.

IMO none of these options can trump what LA has in place.

#32 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,250 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:37 PM

Atlanta. Horford, Teague, Lou Williams and 35 million in capspace. They could resign Josh Smith AND sign Howard to a max.

Brooklyn. NO capspace whatsoever, so they would have to do a sign-and-trade. I dont see this happening at all, unless Howard decides not to resign with LA. A third team would be involved and LA would still get a solid haul of players back.

Dallas. Has Dirk, Marion, Mayo, Carter, Collison, Beaubois and somewhere between 15-30 million in cap-space depending on how many of these five guys they keep/unload. Could sign Howard to Max and keep most or all of these guys.

Take brooklyn out regardless. No more sign and trades next year part of the new CBA

Edited by Lakers4Life, November 14, 2012 - 10:38 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#33 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,250 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:38 PM

Lakers in 2014 or/and 2015 have like 40 million in capsapce. Well find another star :)
Laker fan for life.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,435 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:42 PM

Today was Dwight Howard day in Los Angeles, he was introduced by Snoop Dogg and gave a really beautiful speech about what his foundation means and everything he does and how he looks forward to it and hopefully will get to do it for many more years here in LA.

Why is no one talking about that in a thread like this?

I'd figure THAT would be more important to whether he stays or not imo.

Edited by Majesty, November 14, 2012 - 10:42 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#35 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,250 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:49 PM

Today was Dwight Howard day in Los Angeles, he was introduced by Snoop Dogg and gave a really beautiful speech about what his foundation means and everything he does and how he looks forward to it and hopefully will get to do it for many more years here in LA.

Why is no one talking about that in a thread like this?

I'd figure THAT would be more important to whether he stays or not imo.

I personally believe his goign no where. Laker fans like these ones are just acting like this because we are losing, we changing our coach and all this negativity around the team makes them think that okay HOWARD MUST BE GONE NEXT TOO HELL LEAVE US OMG OMG KILL ME.
Laker fan for life.

#36 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 05:35 AM

Dwight never wanted to come here and is making the best out of his situation. After being traded here he says his number 1 choice was Brooklyn. You don't say stuff like that after just being traded to a team. I'm not putting too much confidence into a player staying when he has said multiple times he doesn't want to be here before coming here. By the end of the season we will see if be wants to stay or not and idk what makes people are so positive he will stay... Cause he did a few commercials? Said a lot of generic answers about LA? ... If memory serves me right he said similar things in Orlando... Until he signs that contract I'm not putting much into Dwight and I hope we win a championship so that might give him incentive to stay

#37 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,813 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 15, 2012 - 08:23 AM

Dwight never wanted to come here and is making the best out of his situation. After being traded here he says his number 1 choice was Brooklyn. You don't say stuff like that after just being traded to a team. I'm not putting too much confidence into a player staying when he has said multiple times he doesn't want to be here before coming here. By the end of the season we will see if be wants to stay or not and idk what makes people are so positive he will stay... Cause he did a few commercials? Said a lot of generic answers about LA? ... If memory serves me right he said similar things in Orlando... Until he signs that contract I'm not putting much into Dwight and I hope we win a championship so that might give him incentive to stay

Kobe also wanted to be traded to Bulls/Clippers. He is still here.

#38 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,690 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 15, 2012 - 08:24 AM

His decision will depend on how the season ends. Another frustrating 2nd round loss would be the confirmation of his departure to another team.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#39 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 15, 2012 - 08:49 AM

Agree he would leave 30 million on the table. The guy can get endorsement deals anywhere. CP3 Smith and Dwight are FA this summer so who knows. But like i said its way too early to tell if he will re-sign or not . A big deciding factor is how far we make it in the post season, you know if we dont win it all or even get sent out 2nd round or semi finals people (including Dwight) will be wondering if we could of won it with Phil.

will be wondering if we could of won it with Phil.

That could be a huge factor...
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#40 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,959 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted November 15, 2012 - 09:10 AM

It was said he wanted to come here right before he got traded here. He may have not wanted to be traded here back in March, but he did before he got traded here in August. Brooklyn also isn't a possibility anymore. His only other choices aren't that appealing. Dallas only has Dirk. Atlanta may be younger, but they wouldn't win a title by his addition.

His number 1 choice was Brooklyn, this has been known for a long time. But even Stephen A Smith, who interviewed him when he said that, said he was happy here. He said that because he was asked about it. That's how questions work. You answer them.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users