8 replies to this topic

#1 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:58 PM

So I see now I have a warning on record for language filter or some crap months ago - if you guys are going to go after people for language how about you police all the childish, sexually charged, homophobic and otherwise stupid ass commentary more strictly.

I've been here for a long time, contributing here and there and watching a lot of children post about a lot of dumb [expletive] - cursing doesn't bother me, 12 year olds making gay jokes and discussing sexual content does.

Play the mod game right or don't play it at all.

#2 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,137 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:00 PM

:|

Posted Image

#3 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:01 PM

Posted Image

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:07 PM

Really cmon now this forum is tame compared to what Middle School kids talk about

#5 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:17 PM

Really cmon now this forum is tame compared to what Middle School kids talk about

It's always been ironic to me that language is more of a concern than content on this site, I guess the idea that I have a warning kind of irked me when I've read so many posts with sexual/homophobic content. Just seems dumb to me - arbitrary policing.

#6 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,823 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:30 AM

We volunteer our time to keep these forums running and we're not going to catch every last post by each of our hundred plus active members on a daily basis. That's downright impossible. I doubt any one of us have the time to sift through every last bit of new content posted onto the boards. We all have lives and other duties away from the forums, can't catch every little thing.

That being said, these forums are FAR more tame than the majority you'd find online hosting similar content, and that's primarily due to the staff here.

If you have a problem with it, you're free to PM the staff about if you see anything wrong in a thread. Better yet, we have the report option available with this version of the board. Make use of it if you see something that we missed. Just don't abuse the feature, we don't need 20+ active reports for minor happenings all across the board. Thanks.

#7 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,232 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:56 AM

tell them LAKER

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 09:01 AM

L.A.K.E.R covered it. We aren't 24/7 mods. We have lives outside of this place and will not catch everything.

But when something has crossed the line in terms of things you are saying, we are made aware of it whether its by other mods or members who PM us.

You have one warning point. Really not that big of a deal. Especially not a big enough deal to make a thread to put us on blast and criticize the job we are doing.

#9 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 10:59 AM

L.A.K.E.R covered it. We aren't 24/7 mods. We have lives outside of this place and will not catch everything.

But when something has crossed the line in terms of things you are saying, we are made aware of it whether its by other mods or members who PM us.

You have one warning point. Really not that big of a deal. Especially not a big enough deal to make a thread to put us on blast and criticize the job we are doing.

Got it, in my book one warning point is one too many.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users