27 replies to this topic

#21 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,658 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:54 PM

I did want Phil but i am not upset like stupid lakers fans who think the hiring of Mike D Antoni is the worst hiring since Mike Brown or something. I think it is a good hire.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#22 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,510 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 07:43 PM

This is BS.
You don't approach the greatest coach of all time who apparently you think was done for good just to disrespect him within a day.
Sure Mitch told Jackson he was going to continue to look at other coaches but that doesn't mean hiring one within hours.

Obviously none of us know what exactly Phil wanted and if he wanted the moon then ok, peace, but if the that was the case, Mitch and co. could have told Phil straight up, NO were not doing that sorry, then moved on.

Don't come at Phil with a job offer and when he asks for a couple days you go an hire someone else.

Was it the right move? no one will know but the way they did Phil was Shady as hell

Edited by RayRay, November 13, 2012 - 07:44 PM.

only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#23 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 826 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2012 - 08:13 PM

I did want Phil but i am not upset like stupid lakers fans who think the hiring of Mike D Antoni is the worst hiring since Mike Brown or something. I think it is a good hire.

Yeah I'm the same. I love Phil and would have been happy if he was chosen. However I understand the reasons they went with DAntoni as Mitch stated.

#24 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 2,858 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted November 13, 2012 - 08:26 PM

i think the whole situation has splitted alot of fans and i dont like that ...cant we just get pleased now with the hiring of d antoni? i know phil is the greatest, but its the past. we gotta focus now on the future!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#25 David

David

Superstar

• 8,017 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:16 PM

This is how it all went down

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#26 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:15 AM

This is how it all went down

That is really funny.......thanks for the laughs
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#27 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,597 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:19 AM

This is BS.
You don't approach the greatest coach of all time who apparently you think was done for good just to disrespect him within a day.
Sure Mitch told Jackson he was going to continue to look at other coaches but that doesn't mean hiring one within hours.

Obviously none of us know what exactly Phil wanted and if he wanted the moon then ok, peace, but if the that was the case, Mitch and co. could have told Phil straight up, NO were not doing that sorry, then moved on.

Don't come at Phil with a job offer and when he asks for a couple days you go an hire someone else.

Was it the right move? no one will know but the way they did Phil was Shady as hell

Exactly those who think Phil took too long are crazy the guy had about 30 hours to make up his mind and he had already told them he would answer them on Monday.
Posted Image

#28 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:41 AM

Exactly those who think Phil took too long are crazy the guy had about 30 hours to make up his mind and he had already told them he would answer them on Monday.

There was no hurry to sign MD, it's not like he was being pursued by some other teams....it was clearly a way for Jim Buss to keep PJ from being the Lakers coach...it was dirty pool by Jim Buss, I mean this stinks and it was clear by hurrying to sign MD that Buss was worried that PJ was going to say yes, that is why they called PJ in the middle of the night so PJ would not have the chance to say yes. The only reason Jim Buss reached out to PJ was because Laker fans demanded it and PJ left Jim Buss an opening by not saying yes right away, Jim Buss jumped all over that opening, pretty damm slimy. And I'm sorry, but Mitch saying MD was a better fit it outragous, this slow team needs to slow the game down not speed it up....Mitch is now Jim Buss's puppet he just follows for a paycheck. This is just my opinion and nothing more...
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users