• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,344 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 24, 2013 - 01:06 PM

How does this movie make "The Walking Dead" look?

Please don't compare The Walking Dead to this crap movie man. You just did a disservice to a great zombie tv series. I'm telling you guys. If you guys can just take off your highschool 14 year old thinking and actually watch this movie, you will agree with me that this move is so over rated and not even good.

LMAO

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 02:12 PM

You just did a disservice to a great zombie tv series

ed-nortan-laptop.gif

yo.

#43 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,743 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 24, 2013 - 02:52 PM

Very over rated.  It was an ok movie but the best of the year? Not even close. Heck, it might be near the worst of the year if I have a vote.  The character development is weak at best. You couldn't care less about who died in that movie. There was no chemistry between Brad Pitt and his wife. Charactors are forgettable. The Zombies are very unrealistic and for some reason a lot smarter for having a fried brain. They are trying to make this into 28 days later but sadly 28 days later is so much better. Also if they trying to make it scarier than I Am Legend, they need more work to do. The ending is pretty lame. I heard from people that this movie is base on a book but not really exactly like the book which is fine. So I assumed the people who love the book should not expect this movie to be just like the book.  There are so many answers of why it happen or what happen or why certain people do this or what not. No surprised or suspense that I know of. I know I might be in the minorities here who think this movie kind of suck but this is my opinions and I actually believe there are many people who think the same way. I'm sorry but people who think this movie is the best movie of the year doesn't know much about good movies. It is just a great marketing scheme movies and people with not much brain cells tend to like it. People who just like to see a bunch of zomibes running around like ninjas probably like it. People who couldn't care less about charactor development or storyline probably like it. 

1. How do you know what a "realistic" zombie is? Have you seen one in person. No you haven't ..so you can't say the zombies are "unrealistic" because they don't fit the stereotypical zombie category. Why do zombies have to have a fried brain? Since when do zombies need a to be dumb....

2. You first state that it is your opinion that the movie was overrated. Which is fine and respectable but then you go on to say the people who don't agree with your opinion and like the movie are dumb. I don't understand how you can call someone dumb for liking a movie while half the statements you typed didn't make much sense. 

If you don't like...cool thats respectable, its your opinion. But don't try to insult the people who do like it.

#44 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,554 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted June 24, 2013 - 03:37 PM

Very over rated.  It was an ok movie but the best of the year? Not even close. Heck, it might be near the worst of the year if I have a vote.  The character development is weak at best. You couldn't care less about who died in that movie. There was no chemistry between Brad Pitt and his wife. Charactors are forgettable. The Zombies are very unrealistic and for some reason a lot smarter for having a fried brain. They are trying to make this into 28 days later but sadly 28 days later is so much better. Also if they trying to make it scarier than I Am Legend, they need more work to do. The ending is pretty lame. I heard from people that this movie is base on a book but not really exactly like the book which is fine. So I assumed the people who love the book should not expect this movie to be just like the book.  There are so many answers of why it happen or what happen or why certain people do this or what not. No surprised or suspense that I know of. I know I might be in the minorities here who think this movie kind of suck but this is my opinions and I actually believe there are many people who think the same way. I'm sorry but people who think this movie is the best movie of the year doesn't know much about good movies. It is just a great marketing scheme movies and people with not much brain cells tend to like it. People who just like to see a bunch of zomibes running around like ninjas probably like it. People who couldn't care less about charactor development or storyline probably like it. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XVCtkzIXYzQ

i dont know how to embed the video lol
btw the book is really good, you should pick up the book bro

Edited by flota, June 24, 2013 - 03:38 PM.

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#45 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,720 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 24, 2013 - 04:37 PM

The walking dead Is not a great series.. Nor does it revolutionize the zombie genre.. It's just a good tv show compared to what's out there these days..

I always think its so funny when people say if you don't agree with me then you are just stupid!! Lol it's sort of a close minded attitude which is never a good mindset IMO liking a movie is subjective

Edited by RobBlake, June 24, 2013 - 04:42 PM.

ap1.png

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 04:47 PM

The walking dead Is not a great series.. Nor does it revolutionize the zombie genre.. It's just a good tv show compared to what's out there these days..

You had me all the way up until that last line. Compared to what's out there these days? What do you mean? I can give you at least a sample list off the top of my head of shows that are infinitely superior: Breaking Bad, Dexter, Spartacus, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, etc...

yo.

#47 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,720 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 24, 2013 - 06:13 PM

You had me all the way up until that last line. Compared to what's out there these days? What do you mean? I can give you at least a sample list off the top of my head of shows that are infinitely superior: Breaking Bad, Dexter, Spartacus, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, etc...

sorry,  i didn't mean that to be a slam on all the other shows. Those are great shows too, just meant, the quality of tv has gone down that people view this show as something great. Those shows and others are great no doubt.

ap1.png

#48 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,883 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 24, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Interesting take on the zombie thing but an absolutely flat movie.

Wooden performances from everyone, especially Brad Pitt. Devoid of any emotion and that flatness dried the movie right up.

Worrying about your rating while filming instead of just making your movie and letting the chips fall where they may was a terrible choice - and it shows in the movie big time.

Very disappointed. Like the army ants kid of zombie mentality but the acting and the lack of panic and gruesome visuals absolutely destroyed anything the movie may have brought to the table.

#49 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted June 25, 2013 - 04:52 AM

My favorite Pitt movie will forever be Troy

I share the same sentiment. Brad was a total bad ass as Achilles.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#50 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,329 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted June 25, 2013 - 09:26 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XVCtkzIXYzQ

i dont know how to embed the video lol
btw the book is really good, you should pick up the book bro

So I assumed you like that movie?  Yes I didn't read the book but my friend did. He was very looking forward to this movie coming out and even he said it sucks. He said it is nothing like the book.  So  maybe the book is great but the movie just sucks.  I dont see how people like this movie unless they just like to see zombies crawing like ants attacking people. Movie doesn't need to have gore to be scary. It just not that scary.  Sorry if I labeled people who like th movie as brain dead. Maybe I shouldn't say that but I just dont see how people who are bright would enjoy this movie. Even movie critics said you don't need to use a brain to watch this movie. People who enjoy this movie don't care much for storylines, charactor development or great acting.  I like Brad Pit. He is an amazing actor. This is one of his worst movies by far.

Edited by epicwolf, June 25, 2013 - 09:30 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#51 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 26, 2013 - 06:16 AM

Thought it was an ok movie. I was surprised that my friend I went to go see it with really liked. I suppose it has to do with the whole zombie craze thing. Im not a big fan of zombies, to me its just too illogical to ever believe something like that happening, so unless the story is really great I find zombies pretty dull and stupid.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#52 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,709 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 26, 2013 - 07:49 AM

Thought it was an ok movie. I was surprised that my friend I went to go see it with really liked. I suppose it has to do with the whole zombie craze thing. Im not a big fan of zombies, to me its just too illogical to ever believe something like that happening, so unless the story is really great I find zombies pretty dull and stupid.

I guess it depends on what each person likes, at the end of the day, it's just a movie.

Posted Image

#53 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 05:01 PM

I love zombie movies, and seriously man going to a horror, sci-fi, action, or really just about any movie looking for the ties to reality is a giant mistake.

Thing is, the movie was flat, and by all accounts, bad.

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 05:22 PM

I think "Warm Bodies" was way better. This one was too soft for my liking.

yo.

#55 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 06:57 PM

I guess it depends on what each person likes, at the end of the day, it's just a movie.

Yea it really comes down to taste with movies. There are very few movies that are normally considered universally good by people with all different taste (gladiator or good will hunting) I just thought even for a zombie movie it was pretty bad. Then again it really didnt invest you into the characters and the story seemed kinda half assed to me. I liked the ending though for the simple fact I never seen a zombie apocalypse saved in such a way, so that was pretty cool how it was original in that manner.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 26, 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#56 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Gladiator is not loved by everyone - I couldn't stand it.

#57 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,873 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 26, 2013 - 11:08 PM

Fido I find that its hard to find a movie past the year 2000 that you do like lol. 

#58 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 12:07 AM

There are plenty, but I don't like every single movie that comes out, which most everyone seems to nowadays.

Sometimes I wonder why everyone like everything and so many have lost a discerning eye for good film.  Quite honestly movies have taken a huge dip in the last 15 years as a whole.  Quality is trounced on in favor of making a quick, easy buck.  Way too much formula stuff every single year - way too much.

Back on topic though.

#59 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 08:04 AM

You sir are not human.

lol

Well I have met people that dont like it, but I was pointing to the fact that people with a wide range of taste rarely have a film where they say its good. Gladiator is one of them, I have even heard my mom said she liked it, and she likes to watch life time movies. I dont think there will ever be a movie where everyone says it was great and amazing. This is because no movie is perfect, in fact even the most critcally claimed movies are more messed up then good. Its just that 40 mins of greatness in a film we as people over look other things that are its short comings. My one teacher who worked for Pixar back in its hay day said this, I agree with it for the fact no movie can be epic from start to finish.

Out of curiosity though what recent movies do you consider good?

#60 fido

fido

• 11,883 posts

Posted June 27, 2013 - 02:13 PM

What is recent to you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users