3 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

Off The Bench

• 2,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 13, 2012 - 08:24 AM

I am not those guys who likes to defend Jim Buss in the past. In fact, I was the one who was leading the parade with the Jim Buss bashing when he didn't hire Brian Shaw but instead going cheap and hire Mike Brown. I was also the one who blame Buss for a crappy season last year for trying to stick with Andrew Bynum for too long. But the Phil Jackson incident was not his fault. Did they handle it the wrong way? Yes they did. But hiring Phil was never the first choice in the first place. It was because of the peer pressure by the fans and media that the organization have to interview and talk to Phil. Did you know who is behind the hiring of D'Antoni? Asked any lakers insider that is close to the team. It was Jerry Buss who wanted D'Antoni. It was Jerry Buss who pulled the trigger.

I find it not fair to blame everything on Jim Buss when it was Jerry who wanted the Lakers to go in another direction and have an 80's show time offense that Jerry miss so much. How come nobody blames Jerry for anything? I'm not blaming Jerry but I find it stupid to blame Jim for everything. Jim Buss is the scapegoat. It is easy to blame him. You think he do stuff without letting his dad know? It was Jim's fault for hiring Mike Brown but it was Jerry who wanted to move away from the triangle offense and want the offense to be a more run and gun showtime style. Fans just doesn't want to hear it because their beloved Dr Jerry Buss is like an old man who everybody loves. Jerry is the greatest owner in all sports and yes better than the Yankees owner. But we should not blame his son for everything here. I believe Jerry never wanted to hire Phil in the first place. He want a coach who can put showtime back in the game. Jim made a mistake by hiring Mike Brown in the first place. He didn't want to hire Brian Shaw because his dad doesn't want the triangle offense anymore. Even though Jim is the basketball operating person, every decision goes through Jerry and for people to not understand that needs to look at the big picture. Jerry wants showtime to come back.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:33 AM

ur joking right? Mike Brown was the Scapegoat for Lil Buss, dumbdown Laker fans, & propaganda influeneced LA media.
When all else fails and there is no1 else to blame the always forever whipping boy = is Kobe = he gets blammed for everything!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#3 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,977 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:23 AM

How is Mike Brown a scapegoat? He reaped what he sowed
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#4 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:47 AM

You can't have it both ways if you would have followed trading Bynum sooner you would not have Howard now, he has done a good job except for Mike Brown who doesn't need to be a Head coach, no vision, I saw it in Cleve when the playoffs he didn't make obvious substitutions and no good plays. While here what defense? I didn't see any improvement and would have released him as well, Only difference I would have looked at Sloan as a more balanced coach on Offense p n r plus solid defense, but anyway I hope Mike does well and lets get it on!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users