#101 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,789 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:03 PM

i'm not suckin up, i hardly even talk to the guy on these forums.

and i've read those posts. u got lambasted. you're blind to the facts brotha.

2div

#102 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:04 PM

i'm not suckin up, i hardly even talk to the guy on these forums.

and i've read those posts. u got lambasted. you're blind to the facts brotha.

read me his stats with Boston and the Suns

when he was damn near gettin 20 minutes a game being unproductive

Edited by Cj2008nw, November 24, 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#103 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:07 PM

read me his stats with Boston and the Suns

when he was damn near gettin 20 minutes a game being unproductive

Real Deal already took apart that argument, no reason to have it rehashed and repeated to you unless you forgot already.

Edited by Majesty, November 24, 2012 - 04:14 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#104 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:13 PM

Real Deal already took apart that argument, no reason to have it rehashed and repeated to you unless you forgot already.

So are you going to actually going to create your argument or just believe whatever bull[expletive] real deal tells you? His excuse was he was injured right? so I guess he hasn't played for a while and he's coming off an injury but somehow this is a good pick up? explain to me what sense that makes

#105 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,506 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:16 PM

So are you going to actually going to create your argument or just believe whatever bull[expletive] real deal tells you? His excuse was he was injured right? so I guess he hasn't played for a while and he's coming off an injury but somehow this is a good pick up? explain to me what sense that makes

My argument would be the exact same as his. It's not the bull[expletive] that real deal says.

If someone says 2+2 = 4 and my opinion is the same, I don't have to create an additional argument. I agree with what he said so what good is it repeating it? I don't agree because "real deal" said it, I agree because that's my opinion as well.

You are aware that people DO agree in this world.

And since you forgot the entire argument, here you go.

http://lakernation.c...ietrus__st__200

And here

Meeks signed for $1.4 million. Pietrus won't play for that kind of money...it's near the vet's minimum, and Pietrus' agent came out and stated he "wasn't a vet minimum player" (or something along those lines). He also had his knee problem last season, which hurt his numbers a bit...and, well, he says he feels much, much better, so he's going to believe that he can get more from teams that will allow him to play bigger minutes. Otherwise, he has an offer overseas that he can pick up.

Must be because he shot 41% and 43% from the floor with Orlando...so I'm assuming that's your argument, because otherwise, you don't have any reason to say what you did. He was in the "four out, one in" offense, where a majority of his shot attempts were three-pointers (and he shot 36% and 38% from three)...so his overall FG% will dip.

Pietrus had around 80% of his jumpshots assisted, and with a similar number, took around 81% of his shots from jumper-range (19% inside).

Where did Pietrus have his best defensive numbers? In his three best defensive seasons...he played in Boston (just last year) and Orlando twice. Four of his five years in Golden State (to start his career) were bad, and his short stint in Phoenix was his worst on the defensive end.

For being Kobe's height, he's actually a good rebounder...pulls down similar amounts of boards per 36 minutes of play.

In addition to that, since the 2007 season, he has never turned the ball over more than 1.5 times (on average) per 36 minutes of play, so his turnovers aren't an issue.

In his first five seasons in the league, Pietrus averaged over 4 fouls a night (again, per 36, so we can compare to an even playing field) in four of those seasons...including a pretty bad 5.5 FPG average in 2008. Since then? Well, he has never reached over 3.4 a game.

So tell me once again...what makes you think he started getting bad once he played for Orlando? Everything points to him having a bad career in his first five years at Golden State, then seeing a leap in defensive numbers, less turnovers, less fouls, more threes attempted and maintaining high 3PT percentages...so I'm just curious as to why you think otherwise.

He was INJURED all of last season. Do you even know anything about the players you talk about? Do you know that he had surgery last offseason, and that his surgery was not completed?

:facepalm:

Why did you go away from the whole "he has sucked since being in Orlando" discussion, anyway? Would you like to know what he did in the playoffs when he was in Orlando? No, you wouldn't...but I'll tell you anyway. In fact, I'll give you the year they made the Finals: 48.3% FG, 38.5% 3PT, 10.5 PPG, 26 MPG. That was his best playoff season. Second-best? His other year in Orlando. His 2007 playoff run with Golden State sucked almost as bad as last year's run with Boston.

Wow...again, are you just trolling, or...?

There you go, have fun.

He's 100% now.

Edited by Majesty, November 24, 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#106 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:25 PM

My argument would be the exact same as his. It's not the bull[expletive] that real deal says.

If someone says 2+2 = 4 and my opinion is the same, I don't have to create an additional argument. I agree with what he said so what good is it repeating it? I don't agree because "real deal" said it, I agree because that's my opinion as well.

You are aware that people DO agree in this world.

And since you forgot the entire argument, here you go.

http://lakernation.c...ietrus__st__200

And here

There you go, have fun.

He's 100% now.

So basically he's saying that he was good in Orlando(which I said in that argument but thought I said different) and the only thing he was able to pull up was his defensive numbers were good on a defensive minded celtics with KG as his anchor? (which KG played better at the center for them last year)

So he brings up all the Orlando numbers, admits that he played bad in Pheonix, and says he played good defensively on a defensive minded team?

but his offensive production for boston was garbage and he is coming off an Injury like I said I'LL PASS

Idk why you guys are so up his ass for it's crazy form your own opinion

#107 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,112 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:28 PM

i'm not excited about pietrus either

Pau Gasol is GONE

#108 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,506 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:28 PM

So basically he's saying that he was good in Orlando(which I said in that argument but thought I said different) and the only thing he was able to pull up was his defensive numbers were good on a defensive minded celtics with KG as his anchor? (which KG played better at the center for them last year)

So he brings up all the Orlando numbers, admits that he played bad in Pheonix, and says he played good defensively on a defensive minded team?

but his offensive production for boston was garbage and he is coming off an Injury like I said I'LL PASS

Idk why you guys are so up his ass for it's crazy form your own opinion

You are aware it's in the realm of possibility that someone would play bad when they are coming off knee surgery that was incompleted right? And that perhaps they won't have a good season because of it?

You're also aware that maybe just maybe when they are 100% they will be playing better and putting up better numbers.. did you ever consider those things?

Since he's healthy now what harm do you see in signing him? IF you even concede his injury as a reason for his poor play, since he's 100% now then what harm do you see in signing him since you don't have those season as a fall back argument?

#109 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:34 PM

You are aware it's in the realm of possibility that someone would play bad when they are coming off knee surgery that was incompleted right? And that perhaps they won't have a good season because of it?

You're also aware that maybe just maybe when they are 100% they will be playing better and putting up better numbers.. did you ever consider those things?

Since he's healthy now what harm do you see in signing him? IF you even concede his injury as a reason for his poor play, since he's 100% now then what harm do you see in signing him since you don't have those season as a fall back argument?

well the facts are he played like crap when given minutes and he's not going to change the dynamic of this team... we need younger players who can stay in front of their man and hit open shots and run the floor... but hey your right let's get a player coming off knee surgery LOL that's a great Idea

#110 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:38 PM

I bet you were one of the guys that wanted Roy lol.

#111 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,591 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:14 PM

I'd take him. Better than not having ANY backup SF. Any other suggestions? Lemme guess...CDR, the guy who was already waived and then picked up by Dallas and then cut. Yeah, that dudes a freaking stud....

#112 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,230 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:17 PM

This whole pietrus thing seems dumb because all I hear is he is on someones list but yet there has been no talk between the lakers and him so it just seems like speculation and nothing else.

#113 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:20 PM

I bet you were one of the guys that wanted Roy lol.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I did want Roy here LOL ,but happy that didn't happen but the timberwolves were stupid for playing him 30 minutes a game when having knee problems smh they should have gradually gave him minutes he probably would have lasted longer

#114 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'd take him. Better than not having ANY backup SF. Any other suggestions? Lemme guess...CDR, the guy who was already waived and then picked up by Dallas and then cut. Yeah, that dudes a freaking stud....

Dropped 50 points in the D-League which means he would atleast drop 10 in the NBA

#115 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,591 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:22 PM

Dropped 50 points in the D-League which means he would atleast drop 10 in the NBA

No it doesn't. And even if that were the case, why has nobody picked him up?

#116 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,789 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:23 PM

i like pietrus, but i would not give him more then the vet's minimum

2div

#117 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:26 PM

No it doesn't. And even if that were the case, why has nobody picked him up?

Because there are a lot of bad GM's in the NBA that's why LOL
(This is a joke)

but idk why he hasn't been picked up he seems to be playing good and he should be on the lakers to be honest

#118 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:41 AM

Some NBA team is going to pick up CDR this year

And, they will be glad they did...

#119 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,226 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 28, 2012 - 03:47 PM

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

No signing done yet, but hearing injury-hit Raptors ramping up search for new SF, with Mickael Pietrus being strongly considered anew

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#120 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,694 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 28, 2012 - 04:05 PM

damnit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users