Photo

Lakers pursuing Pietrus?

Because of Ebanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

• 40,407 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:22 AM

It's simple. Honeycutt isn't really proven. Pietrus is and has been for way longer & consistently. Plus he's got way more actual playing-time playoff experience as well.

yo.

#42 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:25 AM

It's simple. Honeycutt isn't really proven. Pietrus is and has been for way longer & consistently. Plus he's got way more actual playing-time playoff experience as well.

This whole "proven" thing is annoying.... I understand that you feel that Pietrus has been there before and has played well off the bench in the past but I don't think he's the answer for an already older team... what he's 30 now?? and coming off an injury?? we need people to give us energy off the bench and will be able to run the floor and hit shots... and with Mike here Tyler Honeycutt would THRIVE in the offense coming off the bench... and he's a good defender... I think things would fall in to place if he was on our roster

Edited by Cj2008nw, November 13, 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#43 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,926 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:36 AM

Please get Pietrus.

He woul be a big help.

#44 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted November 13, 2012 - 02:20 PM

This one is steal if we got him

He's a 3 point threat furthermore he's defense is awesome :bleh:

I like Delonte West because of his hardwork and shooting touch but were talking about both ends Defense and Offense plus we have a lot of Guard's already

so I want to take pietrus first before west

But I believe this is not reliable source :cool2:

33bkfif.jpg

#45 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 13, 2012 - 02:41 PM

I know Laker history, but you are the one who is being subjective if you're going to keep justifying such non-sense to yourself. You want to talk about objectiveness, yet do not have the slightest clue of open mindedness judging from your prior posts trying to justify drunk driving as something that everyone does now and again. I think Ebanks has some potential, but I'm not going to let that cloud my opinion..... lol..... Are you the same dude who asked me, "let me guess, you've never gotten behind the wheel after taking a sip?" Yawn, I'm still smh

I was making the case & point that literally almost every1 has gotten behind the wheel after being drunk & or 1 or more drinks (not drunk at at all but still a danger to those not intoxicated on the rd) People who deny that they havent are flat out liars! We still dont know if Ebanks was drunk or just had a couple of drinks & was pulled over for his bright yellow Camero while driving black! Yes sir I asked you that & Im still waiting for a REAL HONEST ANSWER........
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#46 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 13, 2012 - 02:41 PM

yeah I'd rather have Delonte also

I don't think Ebanks deserves to be kicked off the team over a DUI

it happens to millions of people...everyone makes mistakes there's absolutely no way he deserves to be realeased over such a small mistake wow

I do not believe Ebanks should be kicked off the team over a DUI first offense either, but it is also not a small mistake.....
Delonte West would help this team for sure and so would Pietrus...
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#47 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 02:46 PM

Why do people want another player over 30 who's defense is on the decline and did not produce well when given minutes on his last team or a player who was waived because of disorderly conduct.... I mean seriously Pietrus will be another Jamison and West will be another Jarvis Critterton waiting to happen

#48 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 13, 2012 - 02:58 PM

^^ I partly agree about Pietrus angle however gotta disagree with Critteton unless u mean West will bring guns to Staple Center LMFAO. But both West & Jarvis (if he didnt allegedly pull his brain dead act & was allowed in NBA) could help us out right now
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#49 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:22 PM

^^ I partly agree about Pietrus angle however gotta disagree with Critteton unless u mean West will bring guns to Staple Center LMFAO. But both West & Jarvis (if he didnt allegedly pull his brain dead act & was allowed in NBA) could help us out right now

My case against West is that he will be a distraction and we don't need another knucklehead in the locker room

#50 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:30 PM

He would boost up our bench with 3 point shooting and especially defense. Experienced veteran. GET HIM

#51 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 13, 2012 - 04:05 PM

I was making the case & point that literally almost every1 has gotten behind the wheel after being drunk & or 1 or more drinks (not drunk at at all but still a danger to those not intoxicated on the rd) People who deny that they havent are flat out liars!

#52 evil Monkey

evil Monkey

Rookie

• 418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 13, 2012 - 04:30 PM

Is there really an actual report of this? Again, like an earlier poster said, is this just pure speculation?
Posted Image

L.E.G.I.T.

#53 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,569 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 13, 2012 - 04:35 PM

It goes to show how weak we are at some positions when some of the guys we're hoping for are Delonte West (currently unemployed) Mickael Pietrus (in the same boat) and CDR (last waived by the Lakers and then picked up and cut from the final roster by the Mavericks I think). Either way, all three suck. There's no trying to rationalize it, get real. They all suck. The problem is, Ebanks sucks too so those scrubs actually look enticing. If they were any good they would have teams right now. NO quality contributor has ever made it through the summer without signing and then just jumped on a team in November. Anyone worth a significant role is already playing.

If we're being realistic, we have to somehow figure out a trade.

And this isn't an actual report, it's purely speculation. There was a report that the T-Wolves might workout Pietrus, but that's it.

Edited by djcovi, November 13, 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#54 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 13, 2012 - 04:42 PM

Is there really an actual report of this? Again, like an earlier poster said, is this just pure speculation?

Posted Image

#55 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 04:58 PM

It goes to show how weak we are at some positions when some of the guys we're hoping for are Delonte West (currently unemployed) Mickael Pietrus (in the same boat) and CDR (last waived by the Lakers and then picked up and cut from the final roster by the Mavericks I think). Either way, all three suck. There's no trying to rationalize it, get real. They all suck. The problem is, Ebanks sucks too so those scrubs actually look enticing. If they were any good they would have teams right now. NO quality contributor has ever made it through the summer without signing and then just jumped on a team in November. Anyone worth a significant role is already playing.

If we're being realistic, we have to somehow figure out a trade.

And this isn't an actual report, it's purely speculation. There was a report that the T-Wolves might workout Pietrus, but that's it.

CDR is actually good

#56 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,920 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2012 - 05:36 PM

I was making the case & point that literally almost every1 has gotten behind the wheel after being drunk & or 1 or more drinks (not drunk at at all but still a danger to those not intoxicated on the rd) People who deny that they havent are flat out liars! We still dont know if Ebanks was drunk or just had a couple of drinks & was pulled over for his bright yellow Camero while driving black! Yes sir I asked you that & Im still waiting for a REAL HONEST ANSWER........

I gave you an honest answer. It is not my fault that your views do not reflect upon me. Oh boo hoo. And I know I'm not lying... my soul is the only one I need to prove that to, I actually have a character I strive to protect.

We still dont know if Ebanks was drunk or just had a couple of drinks & was pulled over for his bright yellow Camero while driving black! Yes sir I asked you that

I was making all of my opinions based on all facts provided. Keep playing with your imagination, and when you find out his light was indeed out and that is why he got pulled over, come ask me that again. Until then, I won't try to debate someone who is obviously arguing.

CDR is actually good

^ he does have some skill I'd be interested in further examining

Edited by -Wade-, November 13, 2012 - 05:40 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#57 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,350 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 13, 2012 - 08:30 PM

maybe i wrote the topic wrong :D

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#58 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,058 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 08:43 PM

maybe i wrote the topic wrong :D

Not really your fault I guess. That was some weird "reporting" on Terrell Jefferson's part to begin with lol

#59 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,472 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 13, 2012 - 08:46 PM

Cocaine is one hell of a drug :smh:

#60 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:15 PM

Seems like BleacherReport-esque speculation to me.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users