124 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 13, 2012 - 02:53 AM

In NBA news other than the Lakers signing Mike D’Antoni as their head coach to a three year deal. The Lakers are looking to add depth to their bench. With the recent arrest of Devin Ebanks the Lakers may be looking to replace the 3rd year swing man with a key free agent. This could be the end of Devin Ebanks as a Laker. The Lakers bench has shown signs of life unlike last year. With the Lakers showing interest in Mickeal Pietrus, he will give the Lakers a threat off the bench that can score and play defense. He can fill in for Metta World Peace, Kobe Bryant, and even Pau Gasol.

Mickeal Pietrus is a veteran Journeymen swingman. He has played for Golden State, Orlando, Phoenix, and Boston. He will be a quality asset in Mike D’Antoni’s system. He was a very viable option in Boston last year helping them to the Eastern Conference Finals against Miami. He always takes the task of guarding the teams best perimeter scorer. He can guard most shooting guards, small forwards, and even some small forwards. He has went up against the leagues best at times, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Manu Ginobili, and Kobe Bryant. He matched up against Kobe Bryant in the 2009 NBA Finals while he was a member of the Orlando Magic losing in 5 games to the Lakers.

This is a golden opportunity for him to win a ring. The Lakers do not have a bunch of money to give him though. It may not be enough if he is chasing money, but if he is chasing a championship ring the Lakers give him a great opportunity to do that with.

The Lakers really need to make a push for Pietrus, you need as many bodies as possible to contend with the likes of Oklahoma City, Clippers, Spurs, and Grizzles and if they make it to the Finals Miami and Boston as well. The Lakers really need to secure their depth on the bench. He is a perfect option.

Link: http://prosportsextr...ckeal-pietrius/

Pietrus would be a big upgrade!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 13, 2012 - 02:58 AM

i like, but i dont love, i love delonte..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#3 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,721 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:02 AM

replacing ebanks...hell yea

Posted Image

#4 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:03 AM

So I dont get it. The article says REPORT LAKERS PURSUING Pietrus then at the end it sounds like a typical blog saying "Lakers really need to make a push for Pietrus"... So are they pursuing him or is he suggesting we pursue him. Is this even a valid source?
Laker fan for life.

#5 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

replacing ebanks...hell yea

possibly metta too..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#6 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,197 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

West has a horrible attitude and seems to have a lot of mental problems. I would love pietrus but idk if the buss family will pay that much. If we did get him out team would be at a whole new level. Ebanks was a horrrrrrriiiiiiibbbbllllleeee player. I mean that guy sucked at so many levels. If we dont get pietrus then at least we will stop playing Ebanks from the looks of it.

#7 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,197 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:04 AM

Also would like to note this seems completely like speculation.

#8 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:05 AM

West has a horrible attitude and seems to have a lot of mental problems. I would love pietrus but idk if the buss family will pay that much. If we did get him out team would be at a whole new level. Ebanks was a horrrrrrriiiiiiibbbbllllleeee player. I mean that guy sucked at so many levels. If we dont get pietrus then at least we will stop playing Ebanks from the looks of it.

ima jump at every chance of a possiblitly that we could sign West. West is crazy, but dantoni was a hot head too..

#9 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 862 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:05 AM

yeah I'd rather have Delonte also

I don't think Ebanks deserves to be kicked off the team over a DUI

it happens to millions of people...everyone makes mistakes there's absolutely no way he deserves to be realeased over such a small mistake wow

#10 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:06 AM

Here is a conflicting report

Darren Wolfson: I'm told the #Twolves spoke with Pietrus' camp yesterday. They want him. $$ still an issue. All they have to offer is the vet minimum. Twitter @DarrenWolfson

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Nothing about Lakers there.

Edited by Lakers4Life, November 13, 2012 - 03:06 AM.

Laker fan for life.

#11 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,197 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:11 AM

Here is a conflicting report

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Nothing about Lakers there.

Exactly. I looked at who the writer is Terrel Jefferson. I never hear of the guy. Never heard of prosportsextra.com. I think this is just a put a crazy story out there and hope it gets website views.

#12 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:22 AM

Delonte?

We may as well sign gque, too.

#13 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:24 AM

Exactly. I looked at who the writer is Terrel Jefferson. I never hear of the guy. Never heard of prosportsextra.com. I think this is just a put a crazy story out there and hope it gets website views.

Yeh look at the last bit of the report aswell. Its like his suggesting the lakers go after pietrus not that they ARE going after him. Seems poorly written, conflicted within itself and confused. Bad source. I call BOGUS on this one fellas. Lakers aint pursuing nobody.
Laker fan for life.

#14 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,226 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:38 AM

I don't think this website is legit. but if it is... then ya do it

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#15 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:12 AM

Keep Ebanks dont let him go plz! We need youth & athleticism. Get rid of some1 else for Pietrus
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#16 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:26 AM

Keep Ebanks dont let him go plz! We need youth & athleticism. Get rid of some1 else for Pietrus

I do not know if it is just me, but when he comes into the game, it seems our offense just stops.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#17 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,072 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:32 AM

It just sounded like they were simply suggesting they should go after him..

#18 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:46 AM

I do not know if it is just me, but when he comes into the game, it seems our offense just stops.

It has happened before I wont say it hasnt. But the same goes for the starter = MWP routinely. Ebanks is not better served playing with 3 other bench players & Pau on the court. TO get the most out of him Ebanks needs to be on the court alognside Kobe, D12 & Nash! Then you will see how bright his future is. It would be dumb to give up on him already for another injury prone vet! We gave up on Trevor & Shannon far too early & that was LA youth & athleticism at the time. Dont they learn anything?
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#19 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

It just sounded like they were simply suggesting they should go after him..

Yes but when has that stopped anyone... :D

#20 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

yuck

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic