#1 Henny Loc

Henny Loc

Livin' Legend

• 703 posts
  • Name:LS3
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:36 PM

As the dust is settling over the big coaching move of hiring Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson, Laker fans need to ask themselves, "Did Jim Buss create a dangerous enemy?". Think about it, Phil Jackson was that close to coaching again and the Laker organization pulled the rug on him. Im sure that probably will motivate Phil to coach a different franchise. Imagine the alliance of Phil Jackson and Mark Cuban with the Mavs. Or Phil Jackson coaching Durant and Westbrook in OKC. Even the big 3 in MIA. Fact is Jim Buss and the Laker organization wronged Phil Jackson and those coaching urges are creepin up. Lets see whats next

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:39 PM

As the dust is settling over the big coaching move of hiring Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson, Laker fans need to ask themselves, "Did Jim Buss create a dangerous enemy?". Think about it, Phil Jackson was that close to coaching again and the Laker organization pulled the rug on him. Im sure that probably will motivate Phil to coach a different franchise. Imagine the alliance of Phil Jackson and Mark Cuban with the Mavs. Or Phil Jackson coaching Durant and Westbrook in OKC. Even the big 3 in MIA. Fact is Jim Buss and the Laker organization wronged Phil Jackson and those coaching urges are creepin up. Lets see whats next

Phil will only go to a situation where he can win now. The only worry I have is him going to the Heat if Spoelstra slips up.

Brooks will be in OKC a long time. The Mavs are not an option because they aren't a win now team.

#3 Henny Loc

Henny Loc

Livin' Legend

• 703 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:42 PM

Phil will only go to a situation where he can win now. The only worry I have is him going to the Heat if Spoelstra slips up.

Brooks will be in OKC a long time. The Mavs are not an option because they aren't a win now team.

I can see PJ going to OKC. If Brooks don't get the job done and they can him why wouldnt OKC managment look to pair KD and Westbrook with Phil.

#4 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:42 PM

Possibly but I think its highly unlikely.

The North Remembers

#5 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:46 PM

i think brooks is a coach for the future, and jackson is a 2year max coach,,,so i dont see phil coaching there... maybe the clips,or mia

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#6 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:47 PM

If anything I could see Phil going to the Clippers. Vinny Del Negro hasn't been everybody's favorite and they have some undeniable talent in CP3, Blake Griffin, Crawford, etc. Not to mention he would prefer to coach in LA. If there is any team looking to do ANYTHING that it can to win a championship it would be them. They will always be considered the lesser LA team and they might want to change that slightly.

#7 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:49 PM

Really? You guys think a team that just let their 6th man walk can afford to pay PJ spaceship money?

He isn't going anywhere for less than a kings ransom

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#8 Henny Loc

Henny Loc

Livin' Legend

• 703 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:55 PM

Phil and the Clips would be scary but PJ and Don Slumlord Sterling dont get along

#9 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:57 PM

Phil and the Clips would be scary but PJ and Don Slumlord Sterling dont get along

True, but also don't forget that Phil and the Buss' don't get along either, and he almost came back for the third time. True professionals don't allow their personal lives to interfere with business.

#10 Henny Loc

Henny Loc

Livin' Legend

• 703 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 12:02 AM

True, but also don't forget that Phil and the Buss' don't get along either, and he almost came back for the third time. True professionals don't allow their personal lives to interfere with business.

For some reason I could see Mark Cuban trying to get PJ to coach the Mavs just cause hes the ultimate Laker hater but your right though

#11 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 12:07 AM

For some reason I could see Mark Cuban trying to get PJ to coach the Mavs just cause hes the ultimate Laker hater but your right though

Now I think that is one rivalry that could never be forgotten. Those guys hate each other. :laughing:

#12 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 12:13 AM

depends. i think phil on the clippers would be scary but they have no post players whatsoever. good luck running the triangle. also phil is 67 going on 70. he's not really at an age to keep coaching. he's older now
Posted Image

#13 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 13, 2012 - 12:13 AM

Only place he can go is Miami. Spoelstra won a championship he is in the safe zone. Not to mention if he did it was a STRETCH considering Pat Riley is the GM/president.
Laker fan for life.

#14 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 862 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted November 13, 2012 - 12:28 AM

i highly doubt he'd go to OKC
if they were too cheap for Harden then there's no way they'd spend that much on a coach

that would be [expletive]ed up if he went to Miami though

Edited by NasWutangKB24, November 13, 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#15 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 01:04 AM

Really.. You can see Blake running the triangle with all does post moves he has. Or Paul,because Phil like small guards. That's a very athletic team don't think the triangle will fit

#16 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 01:15 AM

Only place he can go is Miami. Spoelstra won a championship he is in the safe zone. Not to mention if he did it was a STRETCH considering Pat Riley is the GM/president.

Can't see him in either. Don't think lebron or wade would want to work the ball inside out. I can see Phil coaching a team like the celtics Memphis spurs Knicks

Edited by Miggs, November 13, 2012 - 08:38 AM.

#17 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,320 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 13, 2012 - 01:33 AM

Phil is not a [expletive]!

Im on for it..he will go to the Knicks. But for his own reasons not because to step the lakers in the back!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#18 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 13, 2012 - 01:42 AM

Phil is not a [expletive]!

Im on for it..he will go to the Knicks. But for his own reasons not because to step the lakers in the back!

Pretty sure he already turned down the knicks

#19 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,114 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:57 AM

Imagine the alliance of Phil Jackson and Mark Cuban with the Mavs.

I can't quite picture that.

#20 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 13, 2012 - 07:11 AM

Just read an LA times story quoting Phil saying he has no interest in coaching another team. No vengeance to come.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users