• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:39 PM

honestly it was his micromanaging. it annoyed bynum, it obviously annoyed the hell out of pau, and it was starting to piss off kobe. brown wants his fingers in everything and he wants you to do everything the way he wants it, when he hasn't earned that right.

phil jackson is the king of putting you in his system, teaching it to you, and then letting you run it freely for most of the game.

brown was forcing them to run the princeton and forcing them to do it every time. from the reactions of players this was not popular

That was evident with Phil, when the team would dig themselves into a deficit he wouldn't call the timeout, instead he would let them play through and learn from their mistakes. I think trust was a big issue with Mike Brown and the players, they were not sold on the Princeton and it showed on the court. No enthusiasm just plain confusion.

The North Remembers

#22 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:48 PM

. Kobe seems VERY happy running, I mean have you ever seen Kobe smile like he was last game? Even after the alley oop to Metta Kobe was the happiest I've EVER seen him in years.

maybe because he havent seen ron catchin an ally opp and dunkin it.. LOL

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#23 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:51 PM

im excited even more now

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,075 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:51 PM

Brown would be a better college coach...developing a program.

Nothing he did was incorrect as far as coaching theory or philosophy. When you're introducing a new offense, you must immerse the team. If you don't it takes a LOT LONGER to pick up on and perfect the principles. Nothing he did would be scoffed at by any real coach. It just doesn't work that way with a veteran team. In the NBA, you coach the talent, not the system. Brown hasn't figured that out yet but he will. We haven't seen the last of him. He'll bounce back.

brown would be perfect for a young team, when micromanaging is very important and he can build something and it will translate well.

But on a team of veterans not so much, like I said I think the reason Bernie was brought in was to help him not micromanage so much because as you see, Bernie teaches those same principles but he knows when to get out of the way and let them play, stepping in only when he sees problems but letting them be free. This is something Brown has to learn to do if he is coaching a team of vets and not youngsters.

The reason it works on young teams is because micromanaging may be necessary cause they are young and learning the game and need to mature in it. Bernie though understands which and which teams to not micromanage and when it's necessary and that's when his experience comes. He micromanages a little more with the youngsters but ultimately made them feel like he trusted them. That was and is vital.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:59 PM

LETS GO LAKERS LETS GO!... couldnt help myself :woot:

Im excited for the season all over again!!
Laker fan for life.

#26 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:02 PM

The only piece on our team that seems to have any value at the moment is Pau Gasol. I'm anxious to see how he fits into D'Antoni's system. If he doesn't work out for us, I could definitely see him being dealt away for 2 solid players. Crossing my fingers that the Hawks embark on an epic losing street and Josh Smith forces his way out West to us. That would be a dream come true.

if it was available i'd want pau for danilo gallinari and wilson chandler. if that was available. which i doubt it'd be. but

howard/ hill
artest/ jamison
gallinari/ chandler
kobe/ meeks
nash/ blake

thats a pretty deep team, with a ton of slashers, ball handlers, and shooters surrounding the leagues premier big man. and having chandler off the bench would be huge.

probably pipe but honestly that deal makes us tough. though i hope pau works out for nostalgia reasons
Posted Image

#27 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:02 PM

LOL...I'd do that trade too...don't know if Pau would fit DEN's uptempo offense any better than ours...

IMHO, a GREAT Pau alternative (in trade) would be Bargnani...no better or worse defensively but is a knock-down 3 point shooter at 6-11 who is deceptively quick off the bounce. He and Nash would play Pick and Pop to perfection, much like Nash and Dirk. Would also open up the lanes for Nash.

Andrea Bargnani @ Phoenix Suns / Jan. 24th, 2012

He's a good passer also. 27y/o

I think he'd be great on this team. More shooting...more room in the paint for Dwight to operate...

Edited by GCMD, November 12, 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#28 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,075 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:08 PM

Here is the thing about Gasol/Howard.

They'll be running with the bench too, one or the other. This means that we'll see a lot of singular PnR that we're used to from our bench unit, and with Meeks and Jamison out there, three pointers.

To be honest our bench's offense will resemble closer to what he ran in phoenix than our starting lineup will.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#29 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:23 PM

I don't think Pau gets lost in this system, D'Antoni is too much of offensive whiz to let a skilled big man like Pau go underutilized.

The North Remembers

#30 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,504 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:32 PM

I don't think Pau gets lost in this system, D'Antoni is too much of offensive whiz to let a skilled big man like Pau go underutilized.

Agreed.

He will try to find a way to use the most of Pau. He won't let someone consisting of his skill set to go to waste.

MMiRi9s.png

#31 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:55 PM

K I can't be the only one who noticed the zombie behind Pau
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:12 PM

As fans we'll voice our displeasure when we don't like something as far as trades, hirings, etc but really it comes down to what the players think and if they'll play hard for D'Antoni.

Whether it was Phil, D'Antoni, Sloan, Dunleavy, or whoever the next coach was, believing in what they were being told and translating it on the court is the biggest thing along with effort.

There was no special remedy that Phil was going to bring to correct our defense. That's never been his MO. D'Antoni brings an offense that we have not seen in over decade.

I'm 23 years old and grew up watching MJ and Phil when I started getting into basketball. I grew up in a Lakers family so around 97/98, I really started following the Lakers. For myself, I've cheered for teams that ran the triangle. I'm honestly looking forward to seeing this new style.

Will it be successful? I don't know. Nothing is guaranteed. Not even if it was with Phil Jackson. I do think that D'Antoni is hungry and wants to prove a lot of people wrong. We can only hope for the best.

#33 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 13, 2012 - 02:52 AM

:clap2: :bow:

#34 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:25 AM

I'm guessing I'm the only one that saw "angel face" from the movie Fight Club behind Dwight in the interview?

Posted Image

#35 rnr

rnr

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:The Buss Family

Posted November 13, 2012 - 05:23 PM

Who the hell is that behind Dwight?

Believe it or not that's Joe McDonnell of FOXSportsWest.com Joe McDonnell as a writer and pod caster in 2011. Prior to joining FOX Sports West, McDonnell worked in talk radio..

Way back I use to listen to Joe in OC on the same radio station of the Loose Cannons..

Back then Joe was very heavy in weight but look better than he does now as you probably was asking..(Who the hell is that behind Dwight) well Its Joe..That what happens when you Loose Weight and get older.. yeah he looks like my Grand Mother..Kind of strange looking if you ask me..

Edited by rnr, November 13, 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#36 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:11 PM

Really interested in seeing what moves the front office might make roster-wise around the deadline.

Trade for Sessions again! :laughing:

Really too bad we don't have him anymore.

#37 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 13, 2012 - 08:27 PM

looks like a walking dead behind dwight :bleh:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#38 rnr

rnr

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:The Buss Family

Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:58 PM

looks like a walking dead behind dwight :bleh:

How about Dead Walking Joe..LOL..

#39 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 14, 2012 - 11:45 PM

^ LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users