38 replies to this topic

#1 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:46 PM

Is it me or does Pau look extra happy

Edited by TheMadSci, November 12, 2012 - 08:46 PM.

The North Remembers

#2 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Probably happy he wont get another punch in the chest.
Posted Image

#3 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Is it me or does Pau look extra happy

Who the hell is that behind Dwight?

#4 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Probably happy he wont get another punch in the chest.

Lol yeah

The North Remembers

#5 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,192 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:57 PM

Seriously the melding of Dwight Gasol was hilarious :laughing:

But seriously the 2 games they had under Bernie really showed they CAN run that kind of style with some half court sets and princeton thrown in(contrary to popular belief D'antoni HAS been known to run some Princeton in the halfcourt at times as well as some triangle)

So we'll be fine and D'antoni will let them play like Bernie does. Kobe seems VERY happy running, I mean have you ever seen Kobe smile like he was last game? Even after the alley oop to Metta Kobe was the happiest I've EVER seen him in years. That right there probably convinced them that on the floor D'antoni's offense suits them because they defense can handle the halfcourt.

It also means our bench will score a lot more with plays for Meeks and Jamison, Morris will just have to be able to set them up. Hill and Pau bench lineup works very well too in that setup if Jamison is the stretch 3 with Meeks the stretch 2. That works for me! Cause I never worry about our starting lineup more than I worry about our bench, if this is an offense our bench can run the heck out of its a benefit for us.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#6 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:02 PM

MWP feels safer with D'Antoni.
Pau believes he will be able to thrive in the P&R with Nash...

Dwight is trying hard to be politically correct. He's not sure what to make of it and still a little shell-shocked but he's willing to roll with it. He's got nothing to lose. He's still a free agent after this season so if it works, great. If not, oh well.

#7 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,934 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:06 PM

Kobe will score more. This may extend his career as Kareem may come into his sights a little more quickly than expected.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#8 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,742 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Kobe's Facebook post

It's been a wild week to say the least.
I’m happy to have closure and can't wait to get to work with Coach D'Antoni.. spacing, ball movement. And despite the chatter, I believe we will be phenomenal defensively. I’m looking forward to getting started with him and his staff this week.
Mamba out

#9 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,192 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:09 PM

Kobe is Happy. Enough said. When Dwight starts getting even easier shots and averaging 30/18 he'll be happy too.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#10 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:18 PM

Those who say D'Antoni doesn't do anything for BIGs:

Amare came into the league raw offensively, known only for his freak athleticism. Put him in D'Antoni's system and he became a regular at the AllStar game earning more money than he probably should have with limited offensive skills and poor defensive technique.

Gortat...same except Gortat was a good post defender...he became much more in the D'Antoni system.

The system makes the game much easier for the BIGs. As long as they can set picks and finish at the rim, they can't help but avg at least 15ppg.

Nash is an excellent post entry passer. Because he's a good shooter, it's hard for the small guards to help off him in the post. That's key when they look to exploit Pau and Dwight's mismatches down low.

#11 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Seriously the melding of Dwight Gasol was hilarious :laughing:

But seriously the 2 games they had under Bernie really showed they CAN run that kind of style with some half court sets and princeton thrown in(contrary to popular belief D'antoni HAS been known to run some Princeton in the halfcourt at times as well as some triangle)

So we'll be fine and D'antoni will let them play like Bernie does. Kobe seems VERY happy running, I mean have you ever seen Kobe smile like he was last game? Even after the alley oop to Metta Kobe was the happiest I've EVER seen him in years. That right there probably convinced them that on the floor D'antoni's offense suits them because they defense can handle the halfcourt.

It also means our bench will score a lot more with plays for Meeks and Jamison, Morris will just have to be able to set them up. Hill and Pau bench lineup works very well too in that setup if Jamison is the stretch 3 with Meeks the stretch 2. That works for me! Cause I never worry about our starting lineup more than I worry about our bench, if this is an offense our bench can run the heck out of its a benefit for us.

D'Antoni's system should be an easy transition for our guys which will allow them to run and play freely. Just watching the last two games you can already tell how much of an impact that has made on the team. Less thinking and more doing.

The North Remembers

#12 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Those who say D'Antoni doesn't do anything for BIGs:

Amare came into the league raw offensively, known only for his freak athleticism. Put him in D'Antoni's system and he became a regular at the AllStar game earning more money than he probably should have with limited offensive skills and poor defensive technique.

Gortat...same except Gortat was a good post defender...he became much more in the D'Antoni system.

The system makes the game much easier for the BIGs. As long as they can set picks and finish at the rim, they can't help but avg at least 15ppg.

Nash is an excellent post entry passer. Because he's a good shooter, it's hard for the small guards to help off him in the post. That's key when they look to exploit Pau and Dwight's mismatches down low.

You make a good point GCMD.

The North Remembers

#13 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,134 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:22 PM

A) where are people getting that dwights unhappy. do they want him doing cartwheels

B ) it's becoming more and more obvious that players hated playing for brown. players hated it in cleveland and it seems players hated it in LA. Pau seems to be displaying this the most. he played harder once brown was gone and he's been smiling ever since
Posted Image

#14 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,810 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:24 PM

Really interested in seeing what moves the front office might make roster-wise around the deadline.

Trade for Sessions again! :laughing:

#15 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:26 PM

A) where are people getting that dwights unhappy. do they want him doing cartwheels

B ) it's becoming more and more obvious that players hated playing for brown. players hated it in cleveland and it seems players hated it in LA. Pau seems to be displaying this the most. he played harder once brown was gone and he's been smiling ever since

Mike Brown seems like a really nice guy with a good understanding of the game but whatever he was preaching here as head coach did not get through to our guys.

The North Remembers

#16 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Really interested in seeing what moves the front office might make roster-wise around the deadline.

Trade for Sessions again! :laughing:

Can we realistically make any moves? Lol

The North Remembers

#17 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,134 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:30 PM

Mike Brown seems like a really nice guy with a good understanding of the game but whatever he was preaching here as head coach did not get through to our guys.

honestly it was his micromanaging. it annoyed bynum, it obviously annoyed the hell out of pau, and it was starting to piss off kobe. brown wants his fingers in everything and he wants you to do everything the way he wants it, when he hasn't earned that right.

phil jackson is the king of putting you in his system, teaching it to you, and then letting you run it freely for most of the game.

brown was forcing them to run the princeton and forcing them to do it every time. from the reactions of players this was not popular
Posted Image

#18 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Brown would be a better college coach...developing a program.

Nothing he did was incorrect as far as coaching theory or philosophy. When you're introducing a new offense, you must immerse the team. If you don't it takes a LOT LONGER to pick up on and perfect the principles. Nothing he did would be scoffed at by any real coach. It just doesn't work that way with a veteran team. In the NBA, you coach the talent, not the system. Brown hasn't figured that out yet but he will. We haven't seen the last of him. He'll bounce back.

#19 Rad

Rad

• 1,631 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Of course it wouldn't.. most of the guys are used to playing under PJ, Brown in comparison is a dumbass. I wouldn't want to listen to him either.

#20 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,810 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:37 PM

Can we realistically make any moves? Lol

The only piece on our team that seems to have any value at the moment is Pau Gasol. I'm anxious to see how he fits into D'Antoni's system. If he doesn't work out for us, I could definitely see him being dealt away for 2 solid players. Crossing my fingers that the Hawks embark on an epic losing street and Josh Smith forces his way out West to us. That would be a dream come true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users