AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:01 PM

Here is what Phil's agent said,

J.A. Adande@jadande
Aftermath part II. Phil's agent: "Phil wasn't owed the job, but he was owed respect & professional courtesy."

We keep making lopsided trades, we fire a coach 5 games into the season, we make Lamar cry and handled that situation poorly, we got a trade vetoed, and now Phil (the greatest coach ever) accuses us of this.

Last year even Chris Paul talked about how great it was to go to the Clippers because if he wins one there he'd be legendary. Dwight wanted to go to Brooklyn for the same reason. Plus he sisn't want to get compared to our previous great centers. Seems like that's the new trend.

Is our reputation/history/tradition hurting us moving forward?? Are we burning bridges and hurting ourselves for the future??
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#2 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:02 PM

in before the lock

#3 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:38 PM

IBTL
Dude relax, go outside and get some fresh air

#4 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,762 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:41 PM

Nonsense. In a team like this everybody talks about you, you hit the headlines more than anyone else. Rumors are everywhere. you got 50% of the titles in the last decade and you're building a new generation, everybody want to hop on in .. Chris paul wanted to go to the Lakers , Dwight is lucky and he already said he is extremely happy , even if what he said didn't come out of heart but he knows there is no place else where you could have a chance for a title in a great city while you get paid a respected amount of money..

Players who have confidence in themselves they don't be afraid or go seek elsewhere because they know joining the lakers is nothing but adding to their legacy ..

Edited by fozi, November 12, 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#5 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:45 PM

Our reputation, history, and tradition is what separates us from any other team in the league. Firing Mike Brown after 5 games, and making Lamar cry will not change or diminish anything this organization has already accomplished or will accomplish in the future.

Edited by TheMadSci, November 12, 2012 - 04:50 PM.

The North Remembers

#6 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,971 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:42 PM

Don't listen to anything Gay A Adante's got to say.He is a self-loathing LA reporter.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#7 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:50 PM

I agree with Phil's agent.

Giving him until monday to decide but then hiring someone else at 12:01 AM?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#8 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,437 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:50 PM

Yeah, we force people to make lopsided trades.

How is that even one of your reasons? It's going to be okay. Relax.

#9 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:53 PM

How did we handle Lamar's situation poorly. The dude turned into a broad because he was part of a trade and didn't want to stay here so we moved him. Now look at him, accidentally saying hes part of the LA Lakers and ish.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:59 PM

I agree with Phil's agent.

Giving him until monday to decide but then hiring someone else at 12:01 AM?

To be honest, it's very difficult to believe anyone in this situation. His agent also said the demands speculation was basically a lie such as the travel requests, although Phil Jackson tried negotiating that same thing in his last stint with us.

I think both sides played a part in screwing up this up. It's definitely not as one sided as Phil's people are making it out to be.

#11 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:06 PM

Lamar? The same Lamar that is now fat and out of shape and got us Steve Nash from his trade exception???
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#12 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,393 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:23 PM

all the people above me who dodged the question.
Yes. The legend and lore of the greatest franchises in sports can sometimes tarnish current accomplishments.
The prism of history is what defines a Lakers star. Not what happened today or next week. For the most part we expect success so if we are anything but elite we have failed. 2nd place is a losing season. Thats life as a fan of this franchise. We are spoiled and we love it.

#13 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:25 PM

all the people above me who dodged the question.
Yes. The legend and lore of the greatest franchises in sports can sometimes tarnish current accomplishments.
The prism of history is what defines a Lakers star. Not what happened today or next week. For the most part we expect success so if we are anything but elite we have failed. 2nd place is a losing season. Thats life as a fan of this franchise. We are spoiled and we love it.

Hear hear! :clap2: :bow: :beers2:
Posted Image

#14 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:46 PM

I can see where the OP is coming from the perception of the Lakers new FO may be bad in the NBA community we don't really know for sure and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

#15 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, we force people to make lopsided trades.

How is that even one of your reasons? It's going to be okay. Relax.

I'm not worrying or anything like that. I'm just asking a simple question. I'm just wondering how the last couple seasons will (if ever) affect us. Lopsided trades makes other GMs dislike us and may force them not to do business with us. Not sating it WILL! But its damn sure a possibility.

I just think the good players of today's league (with the exception of Melo) don't want the ultimate pressure of a city, franchise, and retired jerseys. Look at Lebron, CP3's comments, and Dwight's initial mindset.

I'm not worried at all about our present or future. Just wondering if this changes some of our tactics

Edited by AR12, November 12, 2012 - 06:47 PM.

ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#16 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:17 AM

LA reporters love to create chaos within Lakerland. Chop this up to another long list of propaganda from the media to bring negative attention to LA.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users