Photo

Woj: Lakers call Jackson's bluff (Insight to the D'Antoni hire)

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#101 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,320 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:19 PM

I think everyone is looking at this issue too much from a fan perspective.

#102 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,701 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:21 PM

That doesn't make any sense. What does PJ have to gain by "measuring dicks"? He doesn't have a damn thing to prove; all these other coaches are trying to catch up with him. If anything, it seems like Buss is saying: "I'll show that [expletive] I can win without him." Buss trolled PJ

This is the conclusion i came to as well. Calling him 1 min after the deadline or the day of the deadline? I think Jim went in there with good intentions but somewhere between those 30 hours or so made Jim 180. Maybe it was the "we want Phil chants" or Kobe saying he really wanted to redeem Phil who knows but this Antoni hiring was def personal.
Posted Image

#103 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,001 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:24 PM

Buss may have been planning this [expletive] from the jump. Maybe he feigned interest in hiring PJ just to appease the fans like you said Hollywood but his intention from the beginning was to hire Mike. He kills two birds with one stone: Make the fans think he pursued PJ and stick it to Phil

Pau Gasol is GONE

#104 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,701 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:26 PM

If that is true then their relationship is far worse than anyone could of imagined it.
Posted Image

#105 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:28 PM

Lol. You do realize pat Riley and Phil hate each other right.

The enemy of your enemy is your friend.

#106 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,320 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:34 PM

If no one knows the exact details of what happened in the office, then why are most fans acting like they do? Its like Kobe/Shaq again with fans taking sides smh.

#107 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 386 posts
  • Name:Besnik

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:59 PM

we are not taking sides, we all hate jim buss

#108 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:59 PM

If no one knows the exact details of what happened in the office, then why are most fans acting like they do? Its like Kobe/Shaq again with fans taking sides smh.

I agree, I think it's both sides making decisions that were beneficial for themselves. It's not out of the question that Phil asked for so much, he asked for a lot of this before his last stint and we all know that he knows the fans want him and only him, so there's leverage there. Also, we know Phil and Buss have a history of butting heads. I think this whole situation is along the lines of Phil demanding too much, especially with the partial ownership stake, and Buss hearing all the other demands that he asked for last time and then some said "F this guy" and moved on.
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#109 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,345 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:02 PM

we are not taking sides, we all hate jim buss

Pretty bold statement. Didn't know you spoke for every Lakers fan in existence.

#110 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:09 PM

Do you guys remember the Phil Jackson-Orlando situation from a few months ago? He had a lot of demands back then and if iirc he asked for a stake in the ownership then too...

Remarkably consistent "rumor"...

#111 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,345 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:19 PM

Do you guys remember the Phil Jackson-Orlando situation from a few months ago? He had a lot of demands back then and if iirc he asked for a stake in the ownership then too...

Remarkably consistent "rumor"...

Not only that but I said earlier in this thread or another one I don't remember, in his second stint with the Lakers, he tried to negotiate traveling due to his health. He's never been a fan of the NBA travel, that's well know.

I think for his agent to say there were absolutely no requests is a bit ridiculous.

#112 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,037 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:28 PM

Not only that but I said earlier in this thread or another one I don't remember, in his second stint with the Lakers, he tried to negotiate traveling due to his health. He's never been a fan of the NBA travel, that's well know.

I think for his agent to say there were absolutely no requests is a bit ridiculous.

That's why I'm surprised people are criticizing the Buss family so much. Unless you are in the meeting, you shouldn't put too much on the reports. For all we know, they just using the media to sway some information.

#113 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,749 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:50 PM

Actually i was just trying to figure out if you were trying to say hola o adios lol

Nah...Pau may get traded but for now, he's still a good player for this team and in this offense.

#114 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,911 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:55 PM

Buss may have been planning this [expletive] from the jump. Maybe he feigned interest in hiring PJ just to appease the fans like you said Hollywood but his intention from the beginning was to hire Mike. He kills two birds with one stone: Make the fans think he pursued PJ and stick it to Phil

If the fans believe he stuck it to Phil, then they will not be appeased. Example: you

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#115 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,749 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:56 PM

LOL...some will NEVER move on...

#116 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,673 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Boom

I said before. Jerry Buss wants to bring showtime back. He does not want to go back to the ordinary boring triangle offense. That is what Jerry wants. He wants people to get out of their seats and cheer.

This.

Youre right. Lakers were gettin like the spurs. Boring to watch at times. Half court. Ehhh. I bet Jerry Buss want the Lakers to have the stadium like OKC, fans on the feet, cheering every second. Lakers playing with a tempo.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#117 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:03 PM

This.

Youre right. Lakers were gettin like the spurs. Boring to watch at times. Half court. Ehhh. I bet Jerry Buss want the Lakers to have the stadium like OKC, fans on the feet, cheering every second. Lakers playing with a tempo.

Watching the Spurs play is one of the most beautiful things to watch for a basketball purist.

#118 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:24 PM

Regardless of who said what, I just don't understand why the Lakers felt the need to move so quickly? The whole thing just seems too hurried. I mean seriously, they couldn't even give Phil till Monday like they had allegedly agreed to do?
The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#119 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,001 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:39 PM

If the fans believe he stuck it to Phil, then they will not be appeased. Example: you

I won't be appeased until we have a championship coach

Pau Gasol is GONE

#120 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 886 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Miami won with spoelstra... with the right talent, you only need a decent coach. I believe Mike D'antoni is above average. He really just needs to find a way to make our bench more productive and better on defense. Our starters barely need any change. Few pick and roll plays using any two of the big 4, as well as minimizing the turnovers, and we're good to go.

The only thing is how fast can be improve us on these particular points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users