Photo

Woj: Lakers call Jackson's bluff (Insight to the D'Antoni hire)

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#81 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:26 PM

And here I expected Phil to say it was his fault, and that he had those demands.

Anyone who actually has watched Phil knows for all of his greatness the guy has an ego to rival Kobe and Michael. Going into a meeting and swinging his dick is not something that would surprise me

SMH

Yeah because we all know Jim Buss is so humble, as if he isn't just as proud or worse.

Phil's demands may seem ridiculous, and I explained several times already why he
made those kinds of demands.

If I were an old man chasing one last ring, I'd wanna make sure some dumb brat couldn't undermine me too.

As for the money he was asking for, I think other teams would be willing to pay that to get Jackson to coach their team.

We're lucky the Heat won a championship with Spoelstra already, otherwise we might be cringing right now at the news of hearing Phil has just signed on with the Heat.

Edited by MyJohnsonIsMagic, November 12, 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#82 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,848 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:29 PM

There is something missing. I don't think Mitch and Buss tried to fool people or made up those demands and leaked them to sources... All am saying there is something missing between those two .. something we don't know yet .. But if it was for me who to believe , Definitely Phil .. Anyways, this is not the case anymore.. We Have a Coach now and hopefully we get the ring, not like Phil is the only one who has the recipe(and yes i do know its 11) but with players like this, you have to find a way.. it is what it is , get over it.

#83 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:30 PM

Dont really understand why they rushed it though. Phil said he was going to give them an answer monday and they talked to him sat night
Posted Image

#84 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,454 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:34 PM

Dont really understand why they rushed it though. Phil said he was going to give them an answer monday and they talked to him sat night

They actually told him as I'm hearing on the radio, he said Monday they said he can take as long as he wanted but they were going to go forward and interview other coaches etc. So at 12:00 monday ;) which was when they said was when the decision was made.

Think of it this way, see the media storm with all the demands etc that's going on now? Imagine an entire week of that.

The moment we get D'antoni and win a game people will stfu.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#85 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:36 PM

They actually told him as I'm hearing on the radio, he said Monday they said he can take as long as he wanted but they were going to go forward and interview other coaches etc. So at 12:00 monday ;) which was when they said was when the decision was made.

Think of it this way, see the media storm with all the demands etc that's going on now? Imagine an entire week of that.

We are already winning games with Bernie at the helm, people haven't shut up and they wont until D'Antoni gets his first ring.

#86 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:37 PM

True
Posted Image

#87 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,811 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:37 PM

Not happening.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#88 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,811 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:41 PM

Pringles would have to first win a ring. then lead us back to back before I take him serious.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#89 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:42 PM

I expect plenty of "garbage" sigs for dantoni next year.
Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#90 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:42 PM

Agree
Posted Image

#91 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,454 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:47 PM

You know the Indiana Pacers hated the fact they got Reggie Miller too :dance:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#92 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:53 PM

The magic fans hated getting D12 in the draft they wante okaford lol
Posted Image

#93 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:56 PM

SMH

Yeah because we all know Jim Buss is so humble, as if he isn't just as proud or worse.

Phil's demands may seem ridiculous, and I explained several times already why he
made those kinds of demands.

If I were an old man chasing one last ring, I'd wanna make sure some dumb brat couldn't undermine me too.

As for the money he was asking for, I think other teams would be willing to pay that to get Jackson to coach their team.

We're lucky the Heat won a championship with Spoelstra already, otherwise we might be cringing right now at the news of hearing Phil has just signed on with the Heat.

Lol. You do realize pat Riley and Phil hate each other right. And you do realize that I never said anything about Jim being humble

Doesn't change that Phil considering his past more than likely went into the meeting looking to dick measure
Posted Image

#94 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:00 PM

Does it make sense business wise to put ego ahead of team?

No, should Phil have put ego ahead of team. By Jim showing up to the meeting at Phil's house should have been enough for Phil to say "ok he's admitting wrong doing"

Instead Phil had to really go for the moneyshot and basically weed out Jim buss to his face

It amazes me that so few are putting any blame on Phil. I wanted Phil to coach this team, desperately

But apparently Phil wanted to stick it to buss and have him plead and beg more than just consummating a deal.

Posted Image

#95 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,948 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:14 PM

Technically, Phil did not get back to them in time. But reasonably, I don't know why they made a decision at midnight on the dot. I would have at least waited until noon, Monday...

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#96 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:18 PM

Stop get a grip, you were just praising Jimbo for the brilliant DHoward move and now hes trash, hey he is doing good D'antoni will have a more up tempo offense or would you rather see more boring triangle without the personel? Lets run the damn ball down their throats, these guys have played long enough to play D without a lot of coaching for it. But the shooters must hit and Pau needs to get 10 O boards, lets just do this!! See yas at the parade!

#97 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,815 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:18 PM

It was a fun couple days...

Friday was all excitment...
Saturday was all pining over phil...
Sunday was disapointment...

What a few days

#98 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:19 PM

Technically, Phil did not get back to them in time. But reasonably, I don't know why they made a decision at midnight on the dot. I would have at least waited until noon, Monday...

Yeah tehcnically it was 12:01 but it was a screw job. I agree with what someone said on the other page that Phi was a serious candidate for the job and they wanted Antoni all along, but i guess only management knows.
Posted Image

#99 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:10 PM

Doesn't change that Phil considering his past more than likely went into the meeting looking to dick measure

That doesn't make any sense. What does PJ have to gain by "measuring dicks"? He doesn't have a damn thing to prove; all these other coaches are trying to catch up with him. If anything, it seems like Buss is saying: "I'll show that [expletive] I can win without him." Buss trolled PJ

Edited by Windu, November 12, 2012 - 06:10 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#100 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 06:14 PM

That doesn't make any sense. What does PJ have to gain by "measuring dicks"? He doesn't have a damn thing to prove; all these other coaches are trying to catch up with him. If anything, it seems like Buss is saying: "I'll show that [expletive] I can win without him." Buss trolled PJ

My thoughts exactly. Buss never wanted Phil. All this was just a smokescreen.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users