• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#121 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 19, 2012 - 03:55 PM

Wow..that is all I can say about Skip.

#122 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,103 posts

Posted November 19, 2012 - 08:54 PM

Bynum stop being an ass. You have talent, just use it
Posted Image

#123 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,637 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:21 PM

One of the 76er forums said we should have to compensate them lol. Yea cuz it was us who made the dumbest trade ever. lol An people were saying orlando's was bad. He will not play one minute as a 76er in his career. I see him going to another team next year.

#124 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 6,993 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted November 19, 2012 - 09:39 PM

Bynum stop being an ass. You have talent, just use it

He can use a ATM in every state

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#125 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:14 AM

http://www.delawareo...&nclick_check=1

PHILADELPHIA -- The 76ers let Andrew Bynum break the news about the latest setback with his damaged knees on Friday, then acted as if they weren’t sure what was going on with the guy they’re paying $16.5 million this season.

The truth is that the 7-foot, 285-pound former All-Star center who has yet to play a game as a Sixer may be out for the season and will learn in December, at the earliest, whether he’ll require surgery that could sideline him for up to a year.

If that’s the casePosted Image, the market value for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent is likely shot.

One internationally respected orthopedic surgeon, who is not involved with Bynum’s treatment and has not seen his MRIs, told The News Journal that all of the information that has been released by the player and the Sixers points to a likely diagnosis of osteochondritis dessicans lesions. The surgeon said that if this is the case, there’s a small chance that Bynum’s knees could heal sufficiently on their own in time for him to return for the playoffs this season, but called that scenario “wishing on a star.”

“While they can heal non-operatively, they can take a long time [four to six months] to heal, and in adult athletes, frequently they will require surgical intervention at some point if there isn’t adequate healing within the first several months of treatment,” the surgeon said.
He added that if the 25-year-old returns to the court too early and the lesions become large enough, the condition could become career threatening. The surgeon spoke on condition of anonymity because Bynum is not his patient, but this probable diagnosis, given the player’s symptoms and treatment thus far, is backed up by reams of medical literature.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#126 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:30 AM

From CBSPhilly.com

http://probasketball...n-andrew-bynum/

“I started investigating [the bowling] a little bit,” Twersky said. “And one of the people that I hit, a guy who has played with him before, he texted me back and said ‘I don’t know if that’s true [the bowling], but I do know that I’ve never met another player in the league who likes basketball less [than Bynum].”

“The disclaimer is, I don’t know Andrew like that. From what I hear, he’s a good guy,” Twersky said. “But the fact that I heard this from a guy who has played with him before, it kind of made me think, ‘what’s going on here exactly?’ That’s not the kind of a guy that I necessarily want to be maxing out.”

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#127 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:36 AM

but I do know that I’ve never met another player in the league who likes basketball less [than Bynum].”

Glad people are starting to see this.

#128 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,371 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:47 AM

This is why people say that no one should ever trade with the lakers lol
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#129 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:54 AM

Glad people are starting to see this.

Me too.

I still can't believe how many people sacrificed their credibility and IQ points to defend this guy.

All so Bynum could turn around and thank his supporters by showing them the critics were right all along?

SMFH

#130 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,993 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 03:14 PM

Me too.

I still can't believe how many people sacrificed their credibility and IQ points to defend this guy.

All so Bynum could turn around and thank his supporters by showing them the critics were right all along?

SMFH

To me Jim Buss is a genius on Einstein's level for building Bumknee up in the press all these years

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#131 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:53 AM

Andrew Bynum injury update: Doctor speculates 7 6ers center could miss season

PUBLISHED 2 days and 18 hours ago LAST UPDATED 2 days and 14 hours ago

By Sean Deveney Sporting News

For all his immaturity and on-court inconsistency, there is really only one overarching concern when it comes to the development of center Andrew Bynum as an NBA star—his health. Certainly, this season has not given his new team, the Sixers, much confidence when it comes to the chronically troubled knees of Bynum, and both the team and Bynum’s camp are being cagey about the details of his current problems.

Now, according to a report in the Delaware News Journal, speculation has it that Bynum’s problem is osteochondral lesions, which would keep Bynum out at least until March or possibly for the entire year if he chose to have surgery. It’s important to note, though, that the report cited a diagnosis made by a doctor who simply looked at the information available, not one involved in Bynum’s treatment.

Bynum, who had a breakout All-Star year last season with averages of 19.1 points and 12.1 rebounds, was acquired from the Lakers in August as part of the four-team trade that sent Dwight Howard to L.A., with Philadelphia shuffling All-Star guard Andre Iguodala to Denver. The Sixers knew he was an injury risk when they traded for him, as Bynum has piled up a litany of injuries to both knees in his seven NBA seasons. When he was coming out of high school as a 17-year-old in 2005, one reason he slipped to the Lakers was because of concerns about surgery he had had on his right knee.

Bynum underwent Orthokine treatments just before training camp to stimulate the healing from arthritis in both knees, causing him to miss his first practices with the Sixers. The Sixers shut Bynum down for three weeks of camp, before an MRI revealed a bone bruise on his right knee that was expected to keep him out longer. Last week, Bynum admitted that he injured his left knee while bowling, further pushing back the timetable for his return.

At this rate, though, Bynum—who will be a free agent after the season—might never play a game for Philadelphia

Posted Image

#132 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,670 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:39 AM

Ahahaha biggest steal in NBA trade history.

• 40,399 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 11:35 AM

I must say I'm truly stunned.

yo.

#134 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,993 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 03:00 PM

Missing a whole season is kinda easy

#135 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,095 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 24, 2012 - 03:14 PM

Brian Windhorst@WindhorstESPN

Sixers GM Tony DiLeo said tonight that Andrew Bynum now out indefinitely. Sixers previously hoped for mid-Dec. return to practice

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#136 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,737 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 03:16 PM

Bynum.. what a waste of talent

2div

#137 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 03:59 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...rs-indefinitely

PHILADELPHIA -- Andrew Bynum is out indefinitely and there is no timetable for his first game with the Philadelphia 76ers.

The All-Star center was acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers in a four-team trade before the season. He had been recovering from a bone bruise on his right knee and his return has now been pushed back four times since the beginning of training camp.

The Sixers were hoping Bynum would be cleared to return to basketball activities by Dec. 10 before he injured his left knee while bowling two weeks ago.

Sixers general manager Tony DiLeo says Bynum has "bilateral bone bruises and a weakened cartilage state" in his knees. Still, DiLeo defended the trade that sent All-Star forward Andre Iguodala to Denver in the multiteam deal.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#138 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,637 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:59 PM

OMG wow did we get lucky.

#139 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,670 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:01 PM

lol yeah, but i wanted to see how bynum would pan out on the sixers.

#140 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,554 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:21 PM

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. That doesn't mean the horse is a waste though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users