#62 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,939 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:35 PM

But, but, but I thought Bynum's knee injuries were only caused by him not knowing how to plant properly?

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#63 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,214 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:51 PM

man, we dodged a bullet

Spoiler

Lmao

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#64 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 16, 2012 - 06:00 PM

We did dodge a HUGE bullet, but you can't help but feel for the guy. He's a tremendous talent and only deserves to play. He must have injured his knees on a three point shot.

#65 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,393 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted November 16, 2012 - 06:01 PM

I feel bad for Bynum, but I still don't see how or why he's missed so much time. Last season he played all, but one game and didn't suffer a serious injury obviously.

i also feel bad for him, but last season made the trade possible, he´s performance
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#66 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 16, 2012 - 06:15 PM

all the people who were saying his injuries were in the past were wrong. Like i said the only way to predict the future is looking at the past.
Posted Image

#67 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,939 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 16, 2012 - 06:22 PM

all the people who were saying his injuries were in the past were wrong. Like i said the only way to predict the future is looking at the past.

We knew the kid had bad knees when we drafted him.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#68 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 16, 2012 - 06:37 PM

PHILADELPHIA -- Injured Philadelphia 76ers All-Star center Andrew Bynum said Friday he has suffered a "setback" in his return from a knee injury.

Bynum, acquired by Philadelphia in a four-team trade before the season, has yet to play for the Sixers and spoke before a game against Utah.

He has been recovering from a bone bruise on his right knee, and his return has been pushed back three times since the beginning of training camp. The Sixers were hoping Bynum would be cleared to return to basketball activities by Dec. 10.

That date is now in question because of issues with his left knee. Bynum says he now has swelling and a bone bruise on both knees.

"I had a little bit of a setback," Bynum said. "Just working through some issues with the right knee, I kind of have a mirror thing going on with the left knee. I don't know what's going on. The doctors are saying it's a weakened cartilage state, so we kind of wait, I guess. We can't do anything. I just have to wait for the cartilage to get strong."

Bynum did say he targeted Dec. 10 as a possibility, with one to four weeks of basketball-related activity to follow, pushing his much-anticipated debut to anywhere from mid-to-late December to as late as mid-January.

"It's the same exact spot (as the right knee) with the cartilage," Bynum said. "Just doing routine things and it started swelling up. No blunt-force injury or anything like that. It's the same timetable still."

The Sixers entered Friday 4-4 without Bynum, including three straight losses at home.

Bynum announced in May, while still a member of the Los Angeles Lakers, that he was going to Germany in September for the
Orthokine blood-spinning treatment in his knees that other professional athletes have sought. The Sixers announced before training camp that Bynum needed to delay his return to allow the effects of the Orthokine treatment to work.

The bone bruise in his right knee caused the Sixers to push the return date from training camp to the regular season and now possibly to midseason.

But the Sixers are still looking long term with Bynum, who's in the last year of his contract.

"My main concern is Andrew's health," Sixers general manager Tony DiLeo said. "My main concern is big picture. We want to have a long relationship with him."

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

#69 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,981 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 16, 2012 - 06:38 PM

It's not dodging a bullet when you knew the gun was loaded the whole time.

The Lakers were patient, groomed him enough to sell and waited for the right deal.

That's called a quality organization that put it over yet another team in another great trade.

#70 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 01:48 AM

Posted Image

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#71 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 11:31 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,161 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 17, 2012 - 08:43 PM

Brian Windhorst@WindhorstESPN

Sixers fear Andrew Bynum has done additional damage to his knees by bowling recently, multiple sources told ESPN. Story link coming.

LMAOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#73 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 08:44 PM

@WindhorstESPN
Sixers fear Andrew Bynum has done additional damage to his knees by bowling recently, multiple sources told ESPN. Story link coming.

Oh. My. God.

#74 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 08:45 PM

*Runs to Sixers Forum :chuckle:
Posted Image

#75 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 08:47 PM

I dont know how to feel about this...mixed emotions. I feel bad that hes hurt because he went bowling, which is nothing, I know NBA players who bowl a lot....is he that brittle?

At the same time I feel extremely fortunate about our club, wow did we dodge a huge bullet or what?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#76 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 08:49 PM

We dodged a bullet is an understatement, this guys is a train wreck on top of a car crash, I told guy he has a IDGAF attitude. Guys said let him grow up hes young, not buying it.
Posted Image

#77 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 08:51 PM

I dont know how to feel about this...mixed emotions. I feel bad that hes hurt because he went bowling, which is nothing, I know NBA players who bowl a lot....is he that brittle?

At the same time I feel extremely fortunate about our club, wow did we dodge a huge bullet or what?

My guess is he went over the limit line and slipped.

That is the only way I see him getting hurt by bowling

#78 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 09:00 PM

The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

"I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

Bynum, who has yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In September Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments there was never any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

"I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."

#79 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 09:01 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...setback-bowling

The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

"I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

Bynum, who has yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In September Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments there was never any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

"I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#80 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 17, 2012 - 09:01 PM

Wow, I'm speechless. I actually feel bad for Sixers fans. This just set their franchise back a few years.
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users