#181 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:33 PM

I know I should be impressed how the Lakers are now 8 and 9 with your favorite player Howard now a member of our team and Drew not, but if I said I was, I'd be lying.There is no need for me to comment on Drew until he plays again, which he will, but it appears everyone here likes talking about him whether he plays or not.

I'm getting enough of a kick watching you and other lost posters defending Howard on a daily basis even though he can't seem to get us over .500. I see you guys blaming everyone but Howard, because if you did, it would prove how wrong you were about the guy and that would take humility.

Lol, when will you ever say that Howard isn't an upgrade over Bynum except for the fact he's not playing? What was the Lakers biggest move this season? It was to lose Bynum and get Howard. How is that working for us? I just don't see the big difference, I'm sorry.

The funny thing is, Bynum could still be with us on the bench with his injuries, with no Howard, and we would still be no worse than we are now. How does that fair for your "best center in the league?" The dude can't even get us over .500, lol???

Didn't know we had Howard playing PG, SG,SF, and PF and playing off the bench. Didn't know he was the coach of the team. Didn't know that Howard is the only one on this team. :clap2:

#182 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:44 PM

Didn't know we had Howard playing PG, SG,SF, and PF and playing off the bench. Didn't know he was the coach of the team. Didn't know that Howard is the only one on this team. :clap2:

Nope, and Drew wasn't playing all of those positions last year either, but yet he was the one to get called out the most by members. All I heard was that if we got Howard for Bynum, we would be the favorites to win it all. What happened?

Edited by lakerfandude, December 03, 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#183 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:05 PM

Nope, and Drew wasn't playing all of those positions last year either, but yet he was the one to get called out the most by members. All I heard was that if we got Howard for Bynum, we would be the favorites to win it all. What happened?

Well, I thought that the Lakers had more to do. I couldn't imagine the Lakers would be this far off though. Doesn't change the fact Dwight is an improvement over Bynum though.

You can't just look at it as wins and losses. Otherwise, the Lakers made a mistake in letting go of Adam Morrison. They won titles both years they had him, but haven't won in the others they didn't have him since 2002.

Posted Image

#184 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well, I thought that the Lakers had more to do. I couldn't imagine the Lakers would be this far off though. Doesn't change the fact Dwight is an improvement over Bynum though.

You can't just look at it as wins and losses. Otherwise, the Lakers made a mistake in letting go of Adam Morrison. They won titles both years they had him, but haven't won in the others they didn't have him since 2002.

An improvement over Bynum? You all say that. I haven't seen it yet. He had a few good games with some pretty good numbers and you all act like Bynum never had great games. Everyone thinks Howard is so great that when he messes up it's not his fault. It's Pau's fault or Kobes fault, or the coaches etc. If I was a huge Howard fan, I would lose sleep over his free throws alone. I feel Howard is a great player, but not so great that he is such an improvement over Drew.

Edited by lakerfandude, December 03, 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#185 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,463 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:24 PM

An improvement over Bynum? You all say that. I haven't seen it yet. He had a few good games with some pretty good numbers and you all act like Bynum never had great games. Everyone thinks Howard is so great that when he messes up it's not his fault. It's Pau's fault or Kobes fault, or the coaches etc. If I was a huge Howard fan, I would lose sleep over his free throws alone. I feel Howard is a great player, but not so great that he is such an improvement over Drew.

One man is playing and the other isn't. lol

#186 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:30 PM

The key word you used there is team. Taking out both Bynum and Dwight, last year's team is a lot better than this year's team right now. Pau was MUCH better last year. Kobe and Metta were a lot better on defense. Ramon Sessions is a lot better than Duhon or Morris. That's why you can't make a comparison simply based on wins and losses.

Dwight is putting up similar numbers while he's not healthy. And, he's much better defensively. He's consistently helping on dribble penetration. That's why I think he's better.

I can assume he's not healthy because it's been out there for forever. If choose to argue against news that has been widely reported, then so be it.

Posted Image

#187 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:38 PM

The key word you used there is team. Taking out both Bynum and Dwight, last year's team is a lot better than this year's team right now. Pau was MUCH better last year. Kobe and Metta were a lot better on defense. Ramon Sessions is a lot better than Duhon or Morris. That's why you can't make a comparison simply based on wins and losses.

Dwight is putting up similar numbers while he's not healthy. And, he's much better defensively. He's consistently helping on dribble penetration. That's why I think he's better.

I can assume he's not healthy because it's been out there for forever. If choose to argue against news that has been widely reported, then so be it.

He also gets the ball more than Drew ever did. Drew was the 3rd option as per Kobe's request, and Howard is easily second, which allows for the numbers. People here may think Howard gets ignored, but it's nothing like how Drew was treated.. Bynum's numbers when Kobe was out resembled Howards numbers when he was with the Magic. I put up his stats during the 5 or 6 games Kobe was out last year, and they were like 26 and 14.., including a 30 point game one day and a 30 rebound game the next..

Edited by lakerfandude, December 03, 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#188 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:40 PM

He also gets the ball more than Drew ever did. Drew was the 3rd option as per Kobe's request, and Howard is easily second, which allows for the numbers. People here may think Howard gets ignored, but it's nothing like how Drew was treated..

Andrew was definitely the second option last year and was supposed to be the focal point of our offense, but of course he couldn't handle it. Funnily enough, that's the same offense Dwight was the center of in Orlando for years, and one that got him to the NBA finals.

#189 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:46 PM

He also gets the ball more than Drew ever did. Drew was the 3rd option as per Kobe's request, and Howard is easily second, which allows for the numbers. People here may think Howard gets ignored, but it's nothing like how Drew was treated.. Bynum's numbers when Kobe was out resembled Howards numbers when he was with the Magic. I put up his stats during the 5 or 6 games Kobe was out last year, and they were like 26 and 14..

Bynum was the 2nd option last year. I think Dwight has been getting more touches, but Dwight has been doing a lot more with his. He shooting at a higher % and he knows how to handle double teams better.

Bynum had good numbers when Kobe was gone, but he was very inefficient while he was gone. I think he was shooting in the low 40s, which is bad for a big man.

Posted Image

#190 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,463 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:46 PM

He also gets the ball more than Drew ever did. Drew was the 3rd option as per Kobe's request, and Howard is easily second, which allows for the numbers. People here may think Howard gets ignored, but it's nothing like how Drew was treated.. Bynum's numbers when Kobe was out resembled Howards numbers when he was with the Magic. I put up his stats during the 5 or 6 games Kobe was out last year, and they were like 26 and 14..

Funny you say that

Howard: FGA 11.3
Bynum: FGA : 13.3

Doesn't look that way.

I put up his stats during the 5 or 6 games Kobe was out last year, and they were like 26 and 14..

He also shot under 50%....I think it was around 43% or 45%. Big man shooting under 50% while he is always next to the basket is pretty sad.

#191 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:51 PM

Bynum was the 2nd option last year. I think Dwight has been getting more touches, but Dwight has been doing a lot more with his. He shooting at a higher % and he knows how to handle double teams better.

Bynum had good numbers when Kobe was gone, but he was very inefficient while he was gone. I think he was shooting in the low 40s, which is bad for a big man.

Well he only had 6 games to be the man and Dwight has had what, 6 years? It takes time, yet his numbers were still 26 and 14 and the team went 5 and 1 I think during that stretch. What more could you ask for from a dude getting his 1st chance as the go to guy?.

#192 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:04 PM

Well he only had 6 games to be the man and Dwight has had what, 6 years? It takes time, yet his numbers were still 26 and 14 and the team went 5 and 1 I think during that stretch. What more could you ask for from a dude getting his 1st chance as the go to guy?.

Yeah, but you're saying he proved that he can be like Dwight in that stretch, which he didn't. He got his numbers inefficiently for a big man, which isn't going to win a lot of games over a longer stretch.

While we're at it, you're comparing a guy who's in his first with with the team to a guy who was on his 7th year on the team. Doesn't Dwight deserve a break for that?

Edited by Japago, December 03, 2012 - 11:04 PM.

Posted Image

#193 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:13 PM

Yeah, but you're saying he proved that he can be like Dwight in that stretch, which he didn't. He got his numbers inefficiently for a big man, which isn't going to win a lot of games over a longer stretch.

While we're at it, you're comparing a guy who's in his first with with the team to a guy who was on his 7th year on the team. Doesn't Dwight deserve a break for that?

Why? Last year was Bynum's only true year getting minutes and being a top 2 or 3 guy. Phil never even let Drew finish games let alone be a top 2 or 3 player on the team. Last year was his 1st because Phil was gone and Jim Buss, Bynum's guy, made it a priority for Mike Brown to give Drew his chance and he produced nicely. Dwight has always had the opportunity to be the main guy. No breaks in my book..

Edited by lakerfandude, December 03, 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#194 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:21 PM

Why? Last year was Bynum's only true year getting minutes and being a top 2 or 3 guy. Phil never even let Drew finish games let alone be a top 2 or 3 player on the team. Last year was his 1st because Phil was gone and Jim Buss, Bynum's guy, made it a priority for Mike Brown to give Drew his chance and he produced nicely. Dwight has always had the opportunity to be the main guy. No breaks in my book..

But Dwight has also never had the opportunity to play alongside superstars. It goes both ways.

Edited by Japago, December 03, 2012 - 11:25 PM.

Posted Image

#195 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:33 PM

But Dwight has also never had the opportunity to play alongside superstars. It goes both ways.

I don't get your point.. If you are saying Dwight is not allowed to be above Kobe, then he needs to join the club. If not, then please explain what you mean.

Edited by lakerfandude, December 03, 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#196 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:35 PM

I don't get your point..

You're saying it's new for Bynum to be the guy. It's also new for Dwight to play alongside another superstar.

Posted Image

#197 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:50 PM

You're saying it's new for Bynum to be the guy. It's also new for Dwight to play alongside another superstar.

O.K. That's true. so maybe we won't see the real Howard if or until Kobe ever retires. Maybe he's not capable of being the second guy. The last I heard Kobe stated he was going to try and play til he's 40. If that's the case Howard may be more happier playing on another team, like Bynum. Drew wanted out because he was tired of being ignored and having to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle, If Howard feels the same, he will probably be traded before the deadline or leave after the season. As long as Kobe is here, he will have to be at the best the 2nd option. Can he handle that?

Forgetting all this, I have never been against Dwight. I have always known what a great player he is. My main argument was that trading Bynum for Howard wasn't going to change things. I don't think Howard is any better a fit to the Lakers than Howard, It's not as great a trade as everyone thought it would be. That's been my whole point all along..

Edited by lakerfandude, December 03, 2012 - 11:59 PM.

#198 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 12:05 AM

O.K. That's true. so maybe we won't see the real Howard if or until Kobe ever retires. Maybe he's not capable of being the second guy. The last I heard Kobe stated he was going to try and play til he's 40. If that's the case Howard may be more happier playing on another team, like Bynum. Drew wanted out because he was tired of being ignored and having to play 2nd or 3rd fiddle, If Howard feels the same, he will probably be traded before the deadline or leave after the season. As long as Kobe is here, he will have to be at the best the 2nd option. Can he handle that?

Forgetting all this, I have never been against Dwight. I have always known what a great player he is. My main argument was that trading Bynum for Howard wasn't going to change things. I don't think Howard is ant better a fit to the Lakers than Howard, It's not as great a trade as everyone thought it would be. That's been my whole point all along..

Well, I think Dwight's standing with the Lakers is all about winning. He knew what he was getting into, and he'll get to be the man in a few years if he wants to. Kobe didn't talk about retiring from the NBA at 40, just stopping playing basketball at age 40. He's maintained that he wants to retire in 2 to 3 years, and I think the Lakers would ultimately choose Dwight if they have to choose between them like they did between a younger Kobe and an older Shaq.

Dwight is a better fit alongside the Lakers because he's a better player than Bynum, especially on the defensive end.

Posted Image

#199 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 12:33 AM

Well, I think Dwight's standing with the Lakers is all about winning. He knew what he was getting into, and he'll get to be the man in a few years if he wants to. Kobe didn't talk about retiring from the NBA at 40, just stopping playing basketball at age 40. He's maintained that he wants to retire in 2 to 3 years, and I think the Lakers would ultimately choose Dwight if they have to choose between them like they did between a younger Kobe and an older Shaq.

Dwight is a better fit alongside the Lakers because he's a better player than Bynum, especially on the defensive end.

Well the Lakers and Howard don't have 2 to 3 years to make this decision, they only have the rest of this year. I agree and how can I not, that Bynum's injury this season is messed up for a Bynum fan, but if he recovers and starts playing again and plays well, this topic may once again blow up. There is nothing I can say about Drew right now because he is out, but this debate is not for sure yet dead. The ending to this story has yet to be determined..

The last word from Bynum was that he was going to start getting everything together by the 10th. He has not gone away from that... We will see.

Edited by lakerfandude, December 04, 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#200 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 12:58 AM

Well the Lakers and Howard don't have 2 to 3 years to make this decision, they only have the rest of this year. I agree and how can I not, that Bynum's injury this season is messed up for a Bynum fan, but if he recovers and starts playing again and plays well, this topic may once again blow up. There is nothing I can say about Drew right now because he is out, but this debate is not for sure yet dead. The ending to this story has yet to be determined..

The last word from Bynum was that he was going to start getting everything together by the 10th. He has not gone away from that... We will see.

We'll see from Bynum. I don't think he's as good as Howard is even at 100 percent. Good luck with that though with all the news reports out about his health.

Edited by Japago, December 04, 2012 - 12:59 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users