53 replies to this topic

#21 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:42 PM

Lol come on guys big woop we took them to game 7 do you guys remember how luck we were that series? We had 5 massive breaks in game 4

here refresh your memory

This video shows all 5,

the 4th and 5th big break was he steal that lead to the shot that forced overtime we got so lucky that game.

They also did not have Amare. Not to mention they ended up winning 3 straight against us

The next year Amare was there they SMASHED us in 5 games and Kobe demanded a trade.

Also point to add. Kobe Bean Bryant was a MEGA star back then, he was like how Lebron James is now. Simply DOMINATING.

EDIT; Changed the video watch both they show all 5 together.

Edited by Lakers4Life, November 12, 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#22 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,044 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:50 PM

^^ Was that the year when we were up 3-1 and lost the series because Kurt Thomas hit that killer three in one of the games to send it to overtime?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#23 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,897 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:56 PM

^^ Was that the year when we were up 3-1 and lost the series because Kurt Thomas hit that killer three in one of the games to send it to overtime?

Tim Thomas, but yeah, game 6. :(

#24 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,752 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:35 PM

From bad things good comes. The clippers gave Thomas a huge contract. Haha.

#25 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Lol come on guys big woop we took them to game 7 do you guys remember how luck we were that series? We had 5 massive breaks in game 4

here refresh your memory

This video shows all 5,

the 4th and 5th big break was he steal that lead to the shot that forced overtime we got so lucky that game.

They also did not have Amare. Not to mention they ended up winning 3 straight against us

The next year Amare was there they SMASHED us in 5 games and Kobe demanded a trade.

Also point to add. Kobe Bean Bryant was a MEGA star back then, he was like how Lebron James is now. Simply DOMINATING.

What a game felt like a movie, seemed like Kobe never missed
Posted Image

#26 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Some Laker fans are incredibly stupid, Jim Buss was the one who chased after Nash even when it was considered a done deal that he was going to the Knicks, he got us Dwight without giving up Pau and signed vital role players this offseason. But now since Phil wasn't hired so many people are butthurt and irrationally complaining about a situation they knew nothing about. I can't say I'm surprised about this massive uproar against the Lakers front office.
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:08 PM

here refresh your memory

This video shows all 5,

There's shoulda woulda coulda's in every series. I could easily say if Walton hits the wide open 3(in a year he was one of the better 3 point shooters in the league at THAT time, yes its hard to believe but true) in game one we'd have swept them :P

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#28 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,029 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:14 PM

Kobe was incredible at that point, dropping like 20 a quarter at times. I believe he even had 50 in game 6. How many times have you seen a player hit 50 in a playoff game after that?

The point is the Lakers don't have the same players the Suns did, so you can't really compare. The Suns were Nash and a lot of role players. They went so small we would kill them with Lamar just posting up Marion routinely. The roster on LA is much different, Howard is multi-dimensional compared to Amare (or Boris Diaw for that matter), and we also have two great players in Kobe and Gasol.

#29 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,897 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:19 PM

How many times have you seen a player hit 50 in a playoff game after that?

Interestingly enough, Dirk did it 3 weeks later against MDA & Suns in the WCF. IIRC Ray Allen scored 50 on the Bulls in a playoff game a few years ago too.

#30 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,029 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:43 PM

Interestingly enough, Dirk did it 3 weeks later against MDA & Suns in the WCF. IIRC Ray Allen scored 50 on the Bulls in a playoff game a few years ago too.

Solid memory there :P Keep in mind Ray's was 3OT, though. But either way, it's still pretty rare, which was the point I was trying to make.

#31 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:50 PM

There's shoulda woulda coulda's in every series. I could easily say if Walton hits the wide open 3(in a year he was one of the better 3 point shooters in the league at THAT time, yes its hard to believe but true) in game one we'd have swept them :P

Haha but my final underlining point is they were clearly a better team. They beat us twice regardless of how it happened they beat us. Thats like denver fans saying oh WE took LA to 7 games and once before 6 games in the WCF, the underlying fact is we were the better team. Suns were the better team, they beat us without Amare and then wacked us with Amare. We had Phil Jackson then too.

To be champions you got to have luck to be honest Spurs dont win in 2007 without a bit of luck. Amare suspension is one, Dallas being knocked out by a 41 win team is another lol. LUCK, TALENT, PEAKING, CHEMISTRY wins you championships, need all factors to go in your favour.

Even boston 2008 no Bynum, No Ariza... Lakers had the biggest meltdown in game 4. 2009 KG was out of the way that year, courtney lee missed a wide open layup, Dwight missed 2 free throws against us that woulda iced game 4 to tie it 2-2... 2010 we got some lucky bounces in game 7, Kendrick got injured etc etc etc. Need everythign to click for you to win a championship

Only team I can say of recent mind that didnt lucky was the 2012 Heat, they just steamrolled through I never had any doubt they wouldnt win lol, they even did it without bosh for the whole pacer and half of boston series lol.
Laker fan for life.

#32 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:52 PM

Kobe was incredible at that point, dropping like 20 a quarter at times. I believe he even had 50 in game 6. How many times have you seen a player hit 50 in a playoff game after that?

The point is the Lakers don't have the same players the Suns did, so you can't really compare. The Suns were Nash and a lot of role players. They went so small we would kill them with Lamar just posting up Marion routinely. The roster on LA is much different, Howard is multi-dimensional compared to Amare (or Boris Diaw for that matter), and we also have two great players in Kobe and Gasol.

Although we lost eventually the 2006 playoffs were probably one of my favourite playoffs ever lol. So many close games, so many exciting series. What a year was damn fantastic. The Dallas-Spurs series was fantastic. Even the Clippers-Suns series was awesome. Miami-Detroit awesome aswell. Then the Finals were all close games, although somewhat ruined by D-Wades BS calls lol.
Laker fan for life.

#33 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:58 PM

Haha but my final underlining point is they were clearly a better team. They beat us twice regardless of how it happened they beat us. Thats like denver fans saying oh WE took LA to 7 games and once before 6 games in the WCF, the underlying fact is we were the better team. Suns were the better team, they beat us without Amare and then wacked us with Amare. We had Phil Jackson then too.

To be champions you got to have luck to be honest Spurs dont win in 2007 without a bit of luck. Amare suspension is one, Dallas being knocked out by a 41 win team is another lol. LUCK, TALENT, PEAKING, CHEMISTRY wins you championships, need all factors to go in your favour.

Even boston 2008 no Bynum, No Ariza... Lakers had the biggest meltdown in game 4. 2009 KG was out of the way that year, courtney lee missed a wide open layup, Dwight missed 2 free throws against us that woulda iced game 4 to tie it 2-2... 2010 we got some lucky bounces in game 7, Kendrick got injured etc etc etc. Need everythign to click for you to win a championship

Only team I can say of recent mind that didnt lucky was the 2012 Heat, they just steamrolled through I never had any doubt they wouldnt win lol, they even did it without bosh for the whole pacer and half of boston series lol.

And the only other team besides them in the 21st century was the 2001 Lakers, hell the 76ers were the lucky ones to even win a game against us that year
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#34 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:23 PM

He helped get use Nash and Howard or do you not remember that?

#35 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,029 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:33 PM

Although we lost eventually the 2006 playoffs were probably one of my favourite playoffs ever lol. So many close games, so many exciting series. What a year was damn fantastic. The Dallas-Spurs series was fantastic. Even the Clippers-Suns series was awesome. Miami-Detroit awesome aswell. Then the Finals were all close games, although somewhat ruined by D-Wades BS calls lol.

Kind of off topic here, but I've always wondered what would have happened if Kobe and the Lakers just closed out on that Tim Thomas 3 in game 6. We would have beat the Suns. After that would have been an exciting series against the Clippers, and I think the Lakers could have taken them, because they're the clippers lol (but seriously it would have been a fun battle). After that would have been the Mavs, and Kobe just dominated them during the regular season. Obviously the playoffs are different, but just imagine, those Lakers with Kwame and Smush Parker could have made the WCF or even potentially the Finals...

#36 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,897 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:37 PM

Solid memory there :P Keep in mind Ray's was 3OT, though. But either way, it's still pretty rare, which was the point I was trying to make.

I believe only 15-18 players have ever done it, which is pretty rare. Jordan has done it 8 times, which is impressive. Though what might be more impressive is Wilt (of course), in the 4 games he's done it, he has an average of about 30 rebounds. Anywho, sucks that Kobe's game essentially went to waste.

#37 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 13, 2012 - 01:05 AM

Some Laker fans are incredibly stupid, Jim Buss was the one who chased after Nash even when it was considered a done deal that he was going to the Knicks, he got us Dwight without giving up Pau and signed vital role players this offseason. But now since Phil wasn't hired so many people are butthurt and irrationally complaining about a situation they knew nothing about. I can't say I'm surprised about this massive uproar against the Lakers front office.

Jim isn't a GM, he requests players,(Who wouldn't want Nash and Dwight) but I doubt he's negotiating. That's Mitch's job.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#38 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 07:25 AM

Sick of reading all these topics. Seriously. Grow up everyone. Look at what Jim and Mitch did for us over the summer, and Mitch would even say it was Jim (especially getting Nash). It is easy to look out on the situation with a blind eye and complain about our VP, but at the end of the day, you weren't there for the meetings, for the phone calls.

Is Jim Buss the greatest sports owner to ever exist? No. Is he taking steps forward from where he was 5 years ago? Certainly. We had a phenomenal summer and we could still be stuck with Jim's mistake in Mike Brown, but he quickly corrected that with some direction from Jerry. Jerry is still the owner here and he made the call on D'Antoni. And we should learn to never misplace our trust in Jerry. Overtime, we will find the same with Jim.

#39 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted November 13, 2012 - 07:29 AM

Like I said, I don't think this was about winning ships; this was about "sticking it to PJ"

Pau Gasol is GONE

#40 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 07:54 AM

Like I said, I don't think this was about winning ships; this was about "sticking it to PJ"

No. No it wasn't. Don't try and act like the speculative media. Because you have NOTHING but an empty claim right there. In fact there is far more evidence against what you just said in the fact that we are spending a ton of money to contend. Lakers bring in roughly $90m in tickets annually, another $200m from the TWC deal, and somewhere around $50m in licensing and merchandising. So to spend $130m+ on payroll and taxes alone (not counting FO staffing, coaching,etc.) is not something you do if you are not looking to contend. Don't think for one second Jerry didn't have a hand in PJ. And don't think for one second Jim was trying to start a family war with Jeanie.

Here is some insight into their profits: http://espn.go.com/l...ly-team-profits

Jerry wants to see his Lakers pass the Celtics for most banners raised before he dies. To say this isn't about ships is absurd.

Edited by Calisupra2nr, November 13, 2012 - 08:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users