29 replies to this topic

#21 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:03 AM

What's the record for the Knicks vs heat when D'antoni was head coach? .... A [expletive]ing LOSS and with out him it was a [expletive]ing BLOWOUT with Melo pretty much owning the heat with out Amare.. So please stop trying to defend this sorry excuse for a coach

#22 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:26 AM

He never had a team who could play defense on the sin. His defense with the knicks though were fairly good.

You say the most ridiculous statements about basketball.....

#23 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:28 AM

You say the most ridiculous statements about basketball.....

Calsasonic ironic chronic

#24 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,550 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:07 AM

Nash and Dwight PnR will be great, but where will Kobe, Pau, and Metta fit? I think he will get a lot more out of Meeks and Jamison, but I'm anxious to see what he has in mind for the team as a whole.

#25 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:34 AM

MDA had the Knicks playing well before Melo came but their defense was some of the lowest in the league and they would have never really went anywhere with that young team and only Amare.

Then Melo comes and D'Antoni completely misuses him and ask Melo to play Point Forward, Melo plays point forward they do terrible then Melo and Amare get injured and Lin emerges because Carmelo went to D'Antoni and said to play Lin and Lin has his amazing run. Then Melo and Amare get back from injuries and Linsanity ends Lin can't coexist with Melo and Amare to a lesser extent and they start losing again. D'Antoni is fired, Lin gets injured, Woodson takes over and uses a system that fits his personnel and the Knicks start winning and Melo is playing like a superstar again. And now their playing great ball and Melo is playing as good as anyone in the league on both ends of the floor for Mike Woodson. D' Antoni was the problem in NY there is a reason they started playing better ball as soon as he left.

Mike D'Antoni can be just as incompetent and Mike Brown I know a lot of Knicks fans half my family is and almost all my friends and the same way Laker fans complained about Mike Brown thats how Knicks fans felt about D'Antoni. I do not think he's gonna do well in the long run that pick and roll with Nash and Howard will probably be amazing but other than that I can't see this personnel fitting his system or his system winning a ring.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, November 12, 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#26 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:43 AM

Dantoni's pick and roll

Nash and Howard running that is going to give opposing coaches nightmares. Howard better start practicing his FTs

Edited by 211275, November 12, 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,642 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:01 PM

I'm starting to question Jim Buss controlling the Lakers the guy has been making bad moves for who the head coach should be.... I can't believe he would just slap PHIL [expletive]ing JACKSON in the face like he did.... Pretty much said the job is yours and then give it to a coach who has a history of no defense and not winning anything and what makes me even more mad is that Jim didn't want Phil to be apart of management are you kidding one of the best basketball minds of all time and he wants to help the Lakers continue to success but you hire a joke of a coach in D'antoni for pennys smh and because Jim Buss doesn't like Phil? Omg shoot me right now.... This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen long term wise.... I would have loved Phil Jackson being apart of the Lakers front office, management or whatever..... I'm just so angry right now it's not even funny this move just made me question Jim Buss to the fullest and Mitch is what is keeping the Lakers successful.... He's the one bringing in all the stars Buss is just cutting checks smh

You should be jumping for joy. D'antoni's style suits Morris better than what Phil would have done. Morris would have looked lost in the triangle, especially while trying to learn it. D'antoni's style takes advantage of the strengths he already has, while Phil's would have made him look lost and Duhom probably would have gotten burn over him. So you should be happy.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:14 PM

What's the record for the Knicks vs heat when D'antoni was head coach? .... A [expletive]ing LOSS and with out him it was a [expletive]ing BLOWOUT with Melo pretty much owning the heat with out Amare.. So please stop trying to defend this sorry excuse for a coach

And we got blown out two years in a row by the Cavs and the Heat on Christmas day with Phil Jackson as our coach. What's your point?

#29 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:42 PM

You should be jumping for joy. D'antoni's style suits Morris better than what Phil would have done. Morris would have looked lost in the triangle, especially while trying to learn it. D'antoni's style takes advantage of the strengths he already has, while Phil's would have made him look lost and Duhom probably would have gotten burn over him. So you should be happy.

I don't care about one player I care about the lakers overall winning a championship this year and next year

#30 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,642 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:46 PM

I don't care about one player I care about the lakers overall winning a championship this year and next year

Then our bench will be a major reason why. So the fact his offense benefits everyone on our bench should make you all the more happier.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users