• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ALL CAPS

ALL CAPS

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 12, 2012 - 12:47 AM

Can someone do a compare and contrast between the knicks w/ mike and the lakers w/ mike?

I mean we all know how it went for d'antoni in new york, and honestly there is a concern for how well he'll do here in LA.

D'antoni's system ultimately failed with lin-melo-amare, and that trio is sort of similar to a nash-kobe-gasol trio, in terms of skill sets. i think kobes ability to move off the ball will be the difference, where as In NY melo and lin both needed control of the ball.

#2 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,025 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 12:51 AM

In short,

In NY, the Knicks were a mess. In LA, Mike Brown was the mess.

#3 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,997 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 12, 2012 - 12:52 AM

Dantoni's pick and roll

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#4 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted November 12, 2012 - 12:57 AM

In short,

In NY, the Knicks were a mess. In LA, Mike Brown was the mess.

No, the Knicks were a mess ebcause Dantoni was the wrong fit for the team. Look at their winning percentage for the rest of the season after the firing, and look how theyre doing now with a very similar team.
Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 01:03 AM

No, the Knicks were a mess ebcause Dantoni was the wrong fit for the team. Look at their winning percentage for the rest of the season after the firing, and look how theyre doing now with a very similar team.

The Knicks were a mess before he got there. They just never bought into his system, especially Melo.

Amare signed with NY because of D'Antoni, as did a few other players. Guys like Chandler and Lin were all upset that he resigned.

Things didn't work out in NY, but it's not like he caused that train wreck.

#6 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 01:12 AM

Im more disappointed that we were close to recouping Phil. However im taking a wait and see approach to this. WIth the Mike Brown hiring i was furious and was like WTF. WIth this one, ill wait and see what happens. I have my doubts but there are a few things im excited about. Im excited to see Dwight being run in ALOT of pick and rolls (a strenght in his game) and the same with Pau. Good stuff to come on offence!!
Laker fan for life.

#7 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 12, 2012 - 01:18 AM

Knicks werent that great of a team.Chandler IMO is one of the most over rated player around. He has no hands and no real offense. Melo is just a horrible player to coach. Worst attitude around. He's a lot like Iverson. I was glad we didn't get him when he was rumored to come here.

Knicks basically are a bunch of egomaniacs and were over rated. Here we have the talent and players arent like melo here. Most here have great attitudes.

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,979 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 01:20 AM

No dude. People easily forget he was coaching the Knicks FANTASTICALLY and they were doing very well in the East. But when the Knicks traded all their depth for Carmelo Anthony everything went downhill and the Nuggets got a lot better. Because the Knicks had two superstars but had absolutely no depth left.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#9 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,743 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted November 12, 2012 - 01:28 AM

Dantoni's pick and roll

how about defense?

lakers problem is not offense its their defense :yess:

33bkfif.jpg

#10 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 01:32 AM

how about defense?

He never had a team who could play defense on the sin. His defense with the knicks though were fairly good.

#11 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,743 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted November 12, 2012 - 01:43 AM

He never had a team who could play defense on the sin. His defense with the knicks though were fairly good.

I believe that's not an excuse I've seen a lot of team doesn't have a defensive player but still not in the worst defensive team

33bkfif.jpg

#12 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,997 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 12, 2012 - 01:46 AM

how about defense?

i think Offense was and could have continued to be a problem for us.. and he has dwight on D now, send everything to him and thats a GREAT start..

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, November 12, 2012 - 01:48 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,979 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 02:23 AM

I just said when he went to the knicks he had a much better defense. Top 10 in the league if I remember correct. And no no one had a small team like the suns and played great defense. If you can name a team that had players like nash marion amarie, bell, diaw,etc and say that had a great defense I would be shocked.

top 5 actually

And that was with Chandler, not Howard.

Mike D'antoni is also apparently bringing in a defensive coordinator...

Guess who....

Posted Image

jk ^_^ or am I....

Edited by Majesty, November 12, 2012 - 02:23 AM.

#14 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 02:30 AM

top 5 actually

And that was with Chandler, not Howard.

Mike D'antoni is also apparently bringing in a defensive coordinator...

Guess who....

Posted Image

jk ^_^ or am I....

Actually I was very wrong. I just looked it up.His teams were almost always worst in the opposing PPG. He was only top 5 with score diference and that was when they faced us in the conference championship. They still had a very high opposing PPG.

I still think though he never had a good defense players really and that is the biggest reason why he never had good defenses.

Edited by bigfetz, November 12, 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#15 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:05 AM

I have about had it as a long time Laker fan....I do not like this team, it's a very weird feeling..I really cannot stand Jim Buss, I think he has put this team together, not Mitch, which is a mismatch of talent. Kobe and DH can make any team good however the other pieces of the puzzzle need to be in place to win a championship.
There was no hurry in hiring Mike, and PJ needed one day to make a decision and then was told they hired someone else 24 hrs. later.....something stinks and I think it is Jim Buss!
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#16 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:06 AM

Even Knicks fans will tell you that Melo is a VERY poor fit for D'Antoni's system. And MELO was the one crying for attention when the Knicks played so well with Lin at the helm.

D'Antoni's system needed a great PG.
NY as a city wanted a SUPERSTAR in Melo.

Melo ended up being the one with the power AND he was also the one player that prevented D'Antoni's system from working...

Nash changes everything. Without Nash, everyone has legit reasons to doubt D'Antoni. With Nash, Kobe, Howard and Pau? LOL...just sit back and watch.

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,979 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 04:20 AM

Even Knicks fans will tell you that Melo is a VERY poor fit for D'Antoni's system. And MELO was the one crying for attention when the Knicks played so well with Lin at the helm.

D'Antoni's system needed a great PG.
NY as a city wanted a SUPERSTAR in Melo.

Melo ended up being the one with the power AND he was also the one player that prevented D'Antoni's system from working...

Nash changes everything. Without Nash, everyone has legit reasons to doubt D'Antoni. With Nash, Kobe, Howard and Pau? LOL...just sit back and watch.

people always forget how good the knicks looked before they got rid of all their depth for melo

#18 Bishop*

Bishop*

Rookie

• 54 posts
  • Name:Kofi Oppong
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:02 AM

Be ready to see players taking threes all day. With D'Antoni it's Pick and Roll or take three

#19 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:23 AM

And we have no depth so we lose.
Posted Image

#20 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'm starting to question Jim Buss controlling the Lakers the guy has been making bad moves for who the head coach should be.... I can't believe he would just slap PHIL [expletive]ing JACKSON in the face like he did.... Pretty much said the job is yours and then give it to a coach who has a history of no defense and not winning anything and what makes me even more mad is that Jim didn't want Phil to be apart of management are you kidding one of the best basketball minds of all time and he wants to help the Lakers continue to success but you hire a joke of a coach in D'antoni for pennys smh and because Jim Buss doesn't like Phil? Omg shoot me right now.... This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen long term wise.... I would have loved Phil Jackson being apart of the Lakers front office, management or whatever..... I'm just so angry right now it's not even funny this move just made me question Jim Buss to the fullest and Mitch is what is keeping the Lakers successful.... He's the one bringing in all the stars Buss is just cutting checks smh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users