Photo

The dumbest Clippers fan in America (Yahoo)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 11, 2012 - 06:08 AM

http://sports.yahoo....cmt-container-b

"Laker fans are like spoiled little children. Calling for Brown's head after only 1 season and chanting "We want Phil" during the game tonight. Brown and his assistants put in more hours than the Laker organization is used to according to the reports. Kobe likes the Princeton offense, and the offense was top 6 in the league in efficiency. The problem with the Lakers, besides age and lack of depth, was the defense, not the offense which is cited as to why Buss fired Brown. Good luck in whoever you bring in because this team is too old. Nash will be hurt for 1/2 the season. Howard is weak inside, can't shoot FT's, turns the ball over way too much, and is now starting to see his own share of injuries at this point in his career. Oh, and they were already talking about is immaturity (farting, mooning people) today on talk radio. Kobe, your best player, again has to grind through, except this time you're only 6 games in and he's hurting like it's game 63. Phil ain't coming back people, and there's going to be a whole lot of losing and b!tching in LA this season because you guys can't even stand 1 loss. This is going to be fun. At least the Clips play at Staples." -Mike

Dude has 6 thumbs up, 18 thumbs down.

Why are a majority of Clippers fans dumber than the average Lakers fan?

#2 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 11, 2012 - 06:10 AM

Dwight is weak inside? :laughing:

Dude lost what little credibility he had after that moronic quote.
htCCl0m.png

#3 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 06:13 AM

This guy is upset they aren't talking about "Lob city" and its all Lakers talk lol, as if its never been that way before.

" And to you other people, I will kindly stop talking Lakers if it wasn't stuffed down my throat every day on talk radio, ESPN, Yahoo! and everyone on Facebook. The fans, the media, etc, need to lay off, not me. I'm just calling it as it is." -Mike

If you couldn't tell, I'm "towelie" in the replies.

Maybe Clippers fans should beg their owner to move out of L.A. if they wanna be the talk of the town.

Edited by FiveSixDeuce, November 11, 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,919 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 11, 2012 - 08:36 AM

Couldn't agree more FiveSixDeuce.

The problem the Clippers have that they consistently fail to see is that they need to move cities if they want more focus. They may temporarily take a headline or two from the Lamers but they will never be the top dog in L.A.

It simply won't ever happen.

I've alway had a theory that really there are no Clippeer fans. It's either people who like to go against the grain or root for the underdog. Or it's people who hate the Lakers.

#5 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,504 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:15 AM

All I have to say:

:facepalm:

MMiRi9s.png

#6 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:19 AM

:smh: :smh:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:29 AM

Clippers fans are becoming more and more angry because they are realizing that regardless of what they do, this will always be a Lakers town and the Clippers will never have the fame this franchise does.

Last year, they finally get a team that could be considered a contender and both of the LA teams lose in the second round... What happens in the media? Clippers aren't talked about, while the Lakers are the top story about them losing.

Clippers have lost for years and are just forgotten when it happens. The Lakers lose and they still make headlines.

This year Clippers start off decent and what's the media talking about? The Lakers and their bad start. How many times has the Lakers started great and the Clippers bad start is being talked about? Never.

It's the way things go in LA. We are the headline and the Clippers are a small story on the back page.

#8 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:31 AM

I've alway had a theory that really there are no Clippeer fans. It's either people who like to go against the grain or root for the underdog. Or it's people who hate the Lakers.

I can totally see that, Clippers fans are such haters.

#9 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:33 AM

Clippers fans are becoming more and more angry because they are realizing that regardless of what they do, this will always be a Lakers town and the Clippers will never have the fame this franchise does.

Last year, they finally get a team that could be considered a contender and both of the LA teams lose in the second round... What happens in the media? Clippers aren't talked about, while the Lakers are the top story about them losing.

Clippers have lost for years and are just forgotten when it happens. The Lakers lose and they still make headlines.

This year Clippers start off decent and what's the media talking about? The Lakers and their bad start. How many times has the Lakers started great and the Clippers bad start is being talked about? Never.

It's the way things go in LA. We are the headline and the Clippers are a small story on the back page.

Yeah they can't see to swallow that fact.

Why are the Clippers at Staples anyways?

Does it cost less to be there sharing it with the Lakers or what?

I never really did my research.

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:37 AM

I always said the Clippers should move to Anaheim. There is nothing Clippers about Staples Center unless you're in the TeamLA store.

Look up in the rafters, Lakers dominate. The Kings have banners, as do the Sparks. Clippers don't have jack up there. It will never be their arena.

#11 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:40 AM

I always said the Clippers should move to Anaheim. There is nothing Clippers about Staples Center unless you're in the TeamLA store.

Look up in the rafters, Lakers dominate. The Kings have banners, as do the Sparks. Clippers don't have jack up there. It will never be their arena.

I think they burned their bridge in Anaheim when they left, its been a while, maybe they should go back to San Diego :pray:

#12 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,504 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:04 AM

I think they burned their bridge in Anaheim when they left, its been a while, maybe they should go back to San Diego :pray:

Manhattan Beach sounds nice.

MMiRi9s.png

#13 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,674 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:09 AM

clipper fans are all bandwagons since 2000, majority of the people in the crowd in their home games were laker fans.

#14 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:12 AM

clipper fans are all bandwagons since 2000, majority of the people in the crowd in their home games were laker fans.

The year we beat Orlando in the finals, Clippers were playing us at home, before the game was over it was taco time and all the clippers fans left early to feast at the hands of their teams defeat xD

#15 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,563 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:21 AM

I hate that the Clippers share Staples with the Lakers. I honestly can't think of an equivalent in other sports. That would be like the Mets playing at Yankee stadium... The Mets have actually won something though. Their franchise history isn't a total embarrassment like the Clippers. They're so cocky now because they had ONE good season. They're only relevant because David Stern handed them Chris Paul. They can't scratch their way into the spotlight on their own, they needed to 1) suck so bad that they landed Blake Griffin and 2) be so embarrassingly incapable of making smart moves that the commish hands you a superstar because he wants to make an example of teams like the Lakers.
Go play at the Honda Center or something. Your jerseys are ugly, your logo is a ripoff of the Lakers logo, and your "Clipper Nation" is made up of front runners. I've been to pre-Blake Griffin Clippers games. You could buy tickets at 6:30 for $7. There were very very few Clippers fans before Blake and CP3 arrived, "Clipper Nation" is an absolute joke.

#16 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,919 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:30 AM

Absolutely!

Moving to Anaheim they can draw from L.A., Orange County and even some from San Diego county. It's the most logical move, but Sterling lives the L.A. Lifestyle and will never move away from the city.

#17 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:31 AM

I hate that the Clippers share Staples with the Lakers. I honestly can't think of an equivalent in other sports. That would be like the Mets playing at Yankee stadium... The Mets have actually won something though. Their franchise history isn't a total embarrassment like the Clippers. They're so cocky now because they had ONE good season. They're only relevant because David Stern handed them Chris Paul. They can't scratch their way into the spotlight on their own, they needed to 1) suck so bad that they landed Blake Griffin and 2) be so embarrassingly incapable of making smart moves that the commish hands you a superstar because he wants to make an example of teams like the Lakers.
Go play at the Honda Center or something. Your jerseys are ugly, your logo is a ripoff of the Lakers logo, and your "Clipper Nation" is made up of front runners. I've been to pre-Blake Griffin Clippers games. You could buy tickets at 6:30 for $7. There were very very few Clippers fans before Blake and CP3 arrived, "Clipper Nation" is an absolute joke.

Yeah know whats funny?

Check this out.

The first reply to his comment on yahoo was this

"Really Now !!! Says the guy who's a Clippers Fan?? Dude the Clippers aren't going to win any N.B.A championship in this decade or the next so chew on that one there buddy!! Who do you guys have that is in Kobe's level?? That's right nobody!! Please don't say Griffin or Paul who would jump ship in a heartbeat to play with Kobe. He would've been playing for the Lakers if weren't for the jackass commisioner! Besides no superstar caliber player would ever say i want to play for the Clippers if they Have the Lakers available in their options list!!" -Spartan819

Mike replies by saying...

"Says the guy who benefitted the most from Stern's tenure as commissioner. Lakers vs. Lakers in the postseason. Or actually, Lakers & refs vs. anyone else in the postseason up until two years ago when Stern was getting investigated by the feds. The league owned Hornets so they had a right to veto the trade. The league got top dollar in exchange for the #1 rigged draft pick, and you still cheered when you got Dwight. Only difference is, your team isn't good and you know it. Good luck dealing with the failings of the next coach." -MIKE

I laughed my ass off then replied.

"Mike, you are retarded.

Did you really say that when the only reason you have CP3 on your favorite team because of Stern's veto?" -Towelie

How the hell can you bring up the fact we benefited from Stern's tenure, when so did the Clippers?

CP3 should be in a Lakers uniform RIGHT NOW.

Edited by FiveSixDeuce, November 11, 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#18 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:36 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:43 AM

lol @ lagunero's epic face palm gif

#20 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,563 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, that's a joke. The Lakers make smart moves, it isn't the commissioners fault or anyone else's fault if teams like Memphis give up Pau for Kwame.

I don't like the Spurs, but you have to respect what they've done. One if the smallest markets in sports, yet they've put a winning product on the floor every year.

Point is, it's not somebody else's fault when a superstar wants out. If a teams owner and GM can't make the players happy, don't blame the Lakers, don't blame the commissioner, blame the owner and GM. The Spurs don't blame anybody, they make smart moves and stay competitive by having great scouts and not weighing down their roster with bad contracts. The Thunder so far are doing the same thing and they're in the smallest NBA market along with the Spurs.

So Clips fans, shut up about it being unfair. Your owner sucks, the Knicks owner sucks, you're both in the two biggest markets. It's your FO fault that you've been bad so often. Not the Lakers fault. Not Sterns fault.

Move to Anaheim.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users