81 replies to this topic

#61 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 02:33 PM

For example when I'm typing this, the font looks good. What is the difference between them, RD?

the font

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#62 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 02:47 PM

For example when I'm typing this, the font looks good. What is the difference between them, RD?

The new one should actually be easier to read. Here's a side-by-side comparison, old skin on top (click on the image below to make it bigger):

Posted Image

#63 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 02:54 PM

Nah man I'm not talking about the old skin.

Posted Image

Do you see the difference between those two texts? The one at the top is the new skin font. The bottom is what we type at the reply section below. The latter is much easier to read IMO. Can you adjust the default skin font like that?

#64 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 12, 2012 - 02:57 PM

I use IP Board on my iPhone, instead of the mobile site, and it keeps telling me to download the new app. The problem is that the new app is messed up, and doesn't load any site for anyone according to the reviews.

#65 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 03:02 PM

So you didn't like the size of the font on the old skin? That's what I was asking.

I can change the size in posts, but not by much. I really don't see THAT much of a difference, and if anyone should be able to, it's me (because of major eye problems). Only thing is, a lot of other elements throughout the forums (such as the main index page's forum descriptions and such) are going to remain smaller than the post font...not exactly by choice, but because it would increase the size of the forum boxes (in height). Just an example.

#66 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 03:06 PM

That is what I am saying. I didn't feel anything like this in old skin even if the font size remains unchanged. Like I put ^ up there, the font size in reply section is easier to read, at least for me in current skin setup.

EDIT:

Btw, I realized something else. In old skin when I click on a thread title, in which I posted before or read through some pages, it opened up in the last page I viewed. For example, in this thread that doesn't work. When I click on the title, it always goes to first page. Any error with subscriptions?

Edited by Ivanfield, November 12, 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#67 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 03:10 PM

I use IP Board on my iPhone, instead of the mobile site, and it keeps telling me to download the new app. The problem is that the new app is messed up, and doesn't load any site for anyone according to the reviews.

Are you talking about the official IP.Board app (IPB Communities)? They came out with a new one, and discontinued the one I have on my iPhone (although, I still use it). I can't do anything about that, lol...but I'll download it and check it out, anyway. Has nothing to do with the site, though, but I'm curious.

• 40,416 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 03:13 PM

Did you get rid of the manage notes option? I can't find it anywhere.

yo.

#69 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 03:16 PM

I didn't feel anything like this in old skin even if the font size remains unchanged.

Haha, then you see why I'm confused. It's actually a bigger font here (slightly)...and yet, you feel it's harder to read than the old skin, that it's smaller. In the picture, it's larger. Viewing it from one skin to the other, it's larger.

I'm just assuming your eyes adjusted to the slightly-bigger font in the post window (for the new skin), and it's just making you think the actual POST FONT is smaller than it ever was in the past...but it's actually larger.

#70 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 03:17 PM

Did you get rid of the manage notes option? I can't find it anywhere.

What you're using now is a modified skin, BUT with all IPB options included. So, if there's no option for notes, I'm assuming it was removed by IPB for some reason (may have been because it allowed members to write malicious code, save it, and then have it executed somehow...I always wondered about that).

#71 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,706 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:37 PM

Are you talking about the official IP.Board app (IPB Communities)? They came out with a new one, and discontinued the one I have on my iPhone (although, I still use it). I can't do anything about that, lol...but I'll download it and check it out, anyway. Has nothing to do with the site, though, but I'm curious.

It was working fine before you re-did everything lol. I was used to using the "IPB Buddy" app. Now it told me to download the IPB Mobile app and that doesn't work.. so maybe there was something on the old layout that let me use IPB Buddy without problems?

Not a big deal though. Just thought I'd mention it.

#72 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hmm...well, IPB Buddy isn't an official IP.Board app, so I'm assuming they just don't support the newer boards at this time. I've never used that particular app, but that is really the only thing that makes sense.

#73 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,706 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:49 PM

Oh okay makes sense, thanks. I should be fine with the mobile site until things get figured out.

EDIT: Just checked out the official IPB app and it's working now. Nice stuff.

Edited by bigvee, November 12, 2012 - 09:51 PM.

• 40,416 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:55 AM

What you're using now is a modified skin, BUT with all IPB options included. So, if there's no option for notes, I'm assuming it was removed by IPB for some reason (may have been because it allowed members to write malicious code, save it, and then have it executed somehow...I always wondered about that).

So did they most likely just get erased for good?

yo.

#75 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:40 PM

So did they most likely just get erased for good?

More than likely, yes.

• 40,416 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 03:45 PM

^ Could you by any chance see what we had stored there (for those of us who did)? Honestly. Be honest, it's okay if so, lol.

yo.

#77 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,157 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:10 PM

can you tell us how is the new skin is looking so far? I'm curious if it's better than the old one in your opinion

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#78 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:48 PM

can you tell us how is the new skin is looking so far? I'm curious if it's better than the old one in your opinion

You'll see it very soon.

#79 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 07:13 PM

^ Could you by any chance see what we had stored there (for those of us who did)? Honestly. Be honest, it's okay if so, lol.

Haha, what do you mean by that? As the guy who has access to the entire server, I can see every single thing on the site, lol.

But, regarding that, I believe the tables were dropped from the database.

• 40,416 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 07:29 PM

Lol oh damn, so you probably saw a lot of what I had saved then huh? It's okay if you did, did you though?

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users