Photo

Kobe's spectacular season thus far going unnoticed?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 10, 2012 - 04:00 PM

few reasons and the most obvious is we are 2-4 for the season, winning puts you in the MVP race

Also Kobe is known to be quite streaky with his shot. I expect the numbers to go down by a fair bit, its no coincidence that Kobe has never had a FG% over 50 in any year of his career. I have also seen FG% like this for Kobe to start a year im pretty sure it was 2011 (phils last year) where kobe had a FANTASTIC start to the season then it just dropped off.

Either way Kobe wont win the MVP because his too old to maintain it over 82 games. Not to mention its not needed, we need this type of production in the playoffs not regular season.
Laker fan for life.

• 40,399 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 04:01 PM

Pretty fantastic in almost every category seemingly except for...turnovers. Need to cut down on that a bit. Over his career average (not by much, but still).

yo.

#23 ducasse

ducasse

Rookie

• 37 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted November 10, 2012 - 05:11 PM

Kobe's numbers aren't significant. If he does it for 30-40 games then it's significant. Players have hot and cold streaks. Kobe's on a hot streak.

#24 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,016 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hope he wins MVP

#25 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,695 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 10, 2012 - 08:15 PM

Kobe's numbers aren't significant. If he does it for 30-40 games then it's significant. Players have hot and cold streaks. Kobe's on a hot streak.

Eww, all that hate is just reaking from your armpits.

#26 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 09:30 PM

His kind of right. Kobe is just on a hot streak. Like I said ive seen this from him before then he cools of as the season goes. If he keeps the production up for 15-20 games then we start talking about it.
Laker fan for life.

#27 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:24 AM

Kobe will come down to earth somewhat...it's all about the legs and knees, Kobe has fresh legs which is what makes his shooting so good. As the season moves on it will wear Kobe down which wiil result in a lower shooting %, however his shot selection is so much better than the last few years. The Princton offense I believe has been great to Kobe, he has flourished in the Princeton offense. It is a really a good offense when you have a group of smart players. However pro basketball is more of a league that highlights the superplayers and superplayers do not want to be restricted by running a college offense.
Kobe is as good as anyone that has ever played with that midrange shot, he has such a great touch. I only hope that Kobe does not have to start carrying this team game after game because he will wear down quicker which will take away from the great start he is off to.
Dh needs to carry the team from time to time, I have not seen that from him so far, Kobe needs a teammate that can take the pressure off him when the team is struggling, DH needs to show that he can carry a team!
It is really hard to believe how good Kobe has been, he has been as smooth as I have ever seen him.
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#28 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,520 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:26 AM

Blame TWC.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#29 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:35 AM

Pretty fantastic in almost every category seemingly except for...turnovers. Need to cut down on that a bit. Over his career average (not by much, but still).

Yeah, this dumb Clippers fan I mentioned in my thread pretty much said everything Kobe is doing is invalidated by the fact that hes turning the ball over too much, everything. >.>

#30 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,609 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted November 11, 2012 - 11:10 AM

too early...we've all seen kobe get hot before...people want to see him sustain this effort, especially after a sub-par (by his standards) season last year

Posted Image

#31 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 11, 2012 - 11:14 AM

^

Heck yeah man, and I hope he does sustain this effort.

#32 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,712 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 11, 2012 - 11:42 AM

i feel like hes going to have a stellar season..

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#33 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 04:24 PM

This will probably be one of Kobe's easiest seasons.... He has Dwight and Nash and so many other people taking their attention off of him and he can get set up by Steve Nash when he comes back from that injury....

#34 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,609 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted November 11, 2012 - 04:30 PM

yeah, despite what a lot of people think, this is setting up for kobe to have a moster year if he and other stay healthy...hope it turns out that way

Posted Image

#35 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,378 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 04:40 PM

yeah, despite what a lot of people think, this is setting up for kobe to have a moster year if he and other stay healthy...hope it turns out that way

It's also setting up a playoffs where Kobe could be the freshest he's been in years. That's scary

#36 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hopefully he keep it up, he will be fire up if phil comes back
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users