Photo

Why searching for a new coach? Stay with Bernie?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:55 AM

Phil is needed to keep Jim Buss in line, I think that is why PJ wants some control over player movement he does not trust Jim . I think PJ knows that Mitch is not in total control, in fact I think Jim has been in total control, that is why we have a team that is not very well balanced. PJ needs control over Jim...if Mitch was in control MB would not have been the coach and I believe we would have better quality on the bench! Bernie would not be able to overcome the control that Jim has on the team.
I am not a Jim Buss fan, I think he set this team back a couple of years because he hired MB, it was a huge mistake, PJ in my opinion is the only coach that has a chance to get this Laker team back on track. I still do not believe that Gasol fits and I hope that he is moved to improve the teams overall speed and athleticism. PJ was frustrated with Gasol and I think maybe PJ now knows Gasol is a center and because of his lack of speed and quickness as a pf he hinders the teams ability to play that lockdown team defense. DH has proved to be durable we do not need Gasol to be a 20 million dollar backup center. Gasol still has valve because he is still a very good center. Adding PJ and trading Gasol for pieces that fit I believe are the keys to the laker future with Kobe!
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#42 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:56 AM

No.

#43 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:01 AM

Phil is needed to keep Jim Buss in line, I think that is why PJ wants some control over player movement he does not trust Jim . I think PJ knows that Mitch is not in total control, in fact I think Jim has been in total control, that is why we have a team that is not very well balanced. PJ needs control over Jim...if Mitch was in control MB would not have been the coach and I believe we would have better quality on the bench! Bernie would not be able to overcome the control that Jim has on the team.
I am not a Jim Buss fan, I think he set this team back a couple of years because he hired MB, it was a huge mistake, PJ in my opinion is the only coach that has a chance to get this Laker team back on track. I still do not believe that Gasol fits and I hope that he is moved to improve the teams overall speed and athleticism. PJ was frustrated with Gasol and I think maybe PJ now knows Gasol is a center and because of his lack of speed and quickness as a pf he hinders the teams ability to play that lockdown team defense. DH has proved to be durable we do not need Gasol to be a 20 million dollar backup center. Gasol still has valve because he is still a very good center. Adding PJ and trading Gasol for pieces that fit I believe are the keys to the laker future with Kobe!

Pau is a perfect Triangle Fit. It was Gasol that helped us win those 2 Ch'ips...and we acquired him under Phil's last tenure. Phil loves Pau's versatility (high/low post and skillsets).

If Pau is moved, I'd be shocked if it were for anyone with less talent and more defense (Josh Smith). They are REALLY behind the curve learning the offense now and shipping out one of the players that knows the Triangle, can have the Triangle run thru them and is liked by Dwight is not a situation that's probable.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users