Photo

Why searching for a new coach? Stay with Bernie?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,301 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 10, 2012 - 07:13 AM

He defiantly had a good coaching debut last night. That's the Laker team we should have seen in the 1st 5 games. But this will be an interesting week to say the least.

Thing about Bernie is that he requires you to work hard for 48 minutes every single game if there's ever a time he feels you're slacking you'll see the bench, that's what happened to Blake tonight. He demands respect and is old school to the fullest and honestly the Lakers could use a bit of old school flavor till Phil/D'antoni gets there. Especially if they play with the type of intensity and interior and wing defense we saw. If Bernie can get them to give 150% effort every single night till the replacement coach gets here they'll be in a GREAT place by that time in terms of giving it every night.

last night we still had some chemistry issues, we still had some time trying to find who was where, and had a couple turnovers, but we played with more effort and determination than we've seen in a long time and that carried us to the win. If we give 100% with our talent then our flaws shouldn't cost us too many games against teams like this.

The problem was Brown wasn't getting the effort. Bernie ain't the "nice" guy. He's old school and surly and demands respect. You WILL give him effort or you will be on the bench :laughing: And what happened? Our once lackadaisical bench scored 37 last night and our interior and wing defense were some of the best we saw it, JAMISON was even playing tough defense. Why? Because Bernie demands it and that is the dose this Lakers team needed.

As long as Bernie's here I'll support him. I fully understand we'll get Phil or D'antoni and I'm happy for it :)

But long as we have Bernie we're in good hands, and I'm honestly glad I feel that way about it till the main head coach gets here.

Edited by Majesty, November 10, 2012 - 07:17 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 10, 2012 - 07:27 AM

Well Bernie made lineup changes that MB would just not have. thats the first start of adjustments that must continue so until some1 is determined lets see what unfolds
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#23 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,222 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 10, 2012 - 07:52 AM

Seriously Manaro

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#24 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,287 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 09:14 AM

I wish Bernie would've done 'The Bernie' after the win last night.

#25 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,692 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 10, 2012 - 09:15 AM

holy crap if javale mcgee was the hc of the lakers majesty would be bagging on him regardless!

#26 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 09:40 AM

No.

Don't even need to go further than that.

#27 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 09:56 AM

That was all nice and dandy last night, but he will get out-coach in the playoffs by pop, and when we are out play by the thunder he wont make the right adjustments. I like his press conferance. sounds like he is not a beat around the bush guy. still wont have a back bone when [expletive] is getting dip to call out kobe or other players

• 40,431 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:42 AM

Oh come on Manaro,you're better than that.

Are we sure about that? What exactly makes you give him the benefit of the doubt?

Edited by    , November 10, 2012 - 11:45 AM.

yo.

#29 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,818 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:44 AM

Stop.

#30 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 633 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:49 AM

Its mind boggling how Brown couldn't figure out a rotation that worked but Bernie did. But Phil seems to be the choice. Also Morris had a good all around game and his defense was solid on Jack who usually kills us.

Edited by erfolk, November 10, 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#31 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:44 PM

Its mind boggling how Brown couldn't figure out a rotation that worked but Bernie did. But Phil seems to be the choice. Also Morris had a good all around game and his defense was solid on Jack who usually kills us.

Oh really??? but it seems like Blake is a better defender than Morris :shifty:

#32 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,648 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'd rather have a championship-caliber coach, like Phil.

I do hope he stays a part of the coaching staff in some way or form.

Edited by Hey, November 10, 2012 - 01:20 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

#33 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 01:27 PM

Bernie used to coach the Bobcats.

Key words in that sentence was "used to".

If he couldn't even coach the Bobcats, why would be be able to handle the Lakers?

#34 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,814 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 01:42 PM

i like how they were playing with freedom yesterday, its amazing how MB couldnt do the same

13z8pc6.jpg

• 40,431 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 01:44 PM

^ Yeah, there was so much more movement and fluidity on both sides of the floor as you could just genuinely tell the guys were actually having fun.

yo.

#36 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 10, 2012 - 02:05 PM

If he continues to prove himself, why not? I think the Lakers management will watch him closely just incase.

#37 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 02:08 PM

^ Yeah, there was so much more movement and fluidity on both sides of the floor as you could just genuinely tell the guys were actually having fun.

All Mike Brown does on offensive is walk up and down the sideline yelling out plays and giving instructions. The players were thinking a lot, not playing.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#38 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,301 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'd rather have a championship-caliber coach, like Phil.

I do hope he stays a part of the coaching staff in some way or form.

as do I. Thing about Bernie is he is a no nonsense type of coach, if there's any primadonna's on the team he knows how to deal with them.

As Kobe said, they ran some Princeton sets along with some other things

But why did it work last night? Because players weren't thinking so much and Bernie simplified it.

Like I said all our problems are still there but the effort is what caused us to beat the warriors, and our effort carried over to our defensive tenacity and our bench actually built the lead and wrecked them. Our bench scored 37 points and played inspired(and it wasn't just Hill) and he ran a one starter lineup with Gasol and we increased the lead,

Morris, Meeks, Jamison, Hill, Gasol

Our bench sparked the lead with only one starter in, and then continued to increase the lead when we had a 5 bench player lineup in because of the blowout.

These are all positive things. We still had turnovers due to chemistry and our timing isn't as fluid yet, but we played with more confidence and energy last night and if we play like that then we can win games while trying to get over the hump.

All the games we've lost have been close and winnable for us despite our issues, the problem was aside from 4 of our players there wasn't anyone giving much effort, our bench mostly. A lot of that has to do with them not having a defined role because of Mike wanting to take time experimenting. Mitch wasn't willing to wait.

Bernie last night ran rotations that made sense and were fluid and was willing to yank and replace people if it started not working, but it did. Remember Bernie is the guy that mentored Mike Brown so he probably understands what he's doing to a greater extent and it showed last night. He didn't over complicate things, kept it simple and ran simple rotations and guess what?

It worked.

So till Phil or D'antoni gets here, Bernie should lead us to a few more wins, if he's HC that long.

Edited by Majesty, November 10, 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#39 LakeShowTime

LakeShowTime

16x champs

• 1,435 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted November 10, 2012 - 03:53 PM

Maybe he will be a Mike Woodson :laughing: but it would be great to have The Zen Master back

1i5mo.gif

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,301 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 04:29 PM

Maybe he will be a Mike Woodson :laughing: but it would be great to have The Zen Master back

Here's a stat for people that love +/-

EVERYONE on the Lakers team last night was +(except Sacre)

Kobe +18
Blake +9
Howard +2
Gasol +26
MWP +18

Morris +15
Jamison +15
Hill +13
Meeks +6

Only - was Sacre -2

And the entire Warriors team was - and our defense suffocated them.

That is the kind of effort I want to see every night from this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users