Photo

Coach Update (Pg. 59 - D'Antoni WILL coach tonight)

• Please log in to reply
1243 replies to this topic

#1001 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:28 PM

Nash could theoretically start introducing the system to the team while he's recovering (and MDA). No-one knows the system better than him...though I doubt this happens.

I'm tempted to start calling MDA "Molly"...LOL

I wonder what this new system does for our backup point guards and if some will remain useless or flourish.

#1002 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:34 PM

Right now my money is on morris to succeed in the back up role. Then again Duhon has experience but i think for the beggining Blake will get the most burn out of them.
Posted Image

#1003 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:52 PM

Right now my money is on morris to succeed in the back up role. Then again Duhon has experience but i think for the beggining Blake will get the most burn out of them.

Hmmm, wonder if they will prime a pony and sell it off (trade one of the pgs for some depth up front or salary cap).

#1004 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,208 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:55 PM

It is a good signing. Phil didn't look like a genius when we were getting blown out by Dallas. D'Antoni has a better system for the personnel. Dwight will thrive, and like it or not, resigning him is job number one for the longevity of the franchise. Phil is great, best of all time, if his demands are to be believed, this is the clear move to make.

#1005 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:55 PM

They should but who knows
Posted Image

#1006 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:09 PM

I wonder what this new system does for our backup point guards and if some will remain useless or flourish.

Blake will be fine...he's a traditional PG.

Duhon is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. He won't be great but we will definitely drive his trade value up in this system.

Morris is the big winner. This system plays to his strengths, pushing the tempo. D'Antoni will mold him into more than he could have hoped for under Phil or most other coaches...

#1007 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,388 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:10 PM

Blake will be fine...he's a traditional PG.

Duhon is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. He won't be great but we will definitely drive his trade value up in this system.

Morris is the big winner. This system plays to his strengths, pushing the tempo. D'Antoni will mold him into more than he could have hoped for under Phil or most other coaches...

Morris would have looked completely lost in Phil's system and eventually would have lost any playtime to Duhon imo.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1008 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:20 PM

Interesting to note about Duhon, the last time he had an actual productive season was under D'Antoni in NY. Averaged 11/7 and 7/5 in two seasons with him.

I really do think our bench will improve under his system.

#1009 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:26 PM

IMHO, we will get much more out of this roster than we have before. Shooters will shoot better and athletes will find the game easier because they don't have to create a shot for themselves, only finish.

Normally, players come to LA and look worse than they did on other teams. Seems like every year, we have buyer's remorse. See Vlad Rad, Blake, Meeks, Sessions as recent examples. Finishers like Ariza and SB had their game elevated because KOBE made the game easier for them. Imagine what our bench will be like in a system that takes away the pressure and allows you to have fun?

#1010 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,939 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:27 PM

Interesting to note about Duhon, the last time he had an actual productive season was under D'Antoni in NY. Averaged 11/7 and 7/5 in two seasons with him.

Interesting. Remember how Barbosa and Diaw (sixth MOY) became household names while playing for D'Antoni?

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1011 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,939 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:27 PM

IMHO, we will get much more out of this roster than we have before. Shooters will shoot better and athletes will find the game easier because they don't have to create a shot for themselves, only finish.

Normally, players come to LA and look worse than they did on other teams. Seems like every year, we have buyer's remorse. See Vlad Rad, Blake, Meeks, Sessions as recent examples. Finishers like Ariza and SB had their game elevated because KOBE made the game easier for them. Imagine what our bench will be like in a system that takes away the pressure and allows you to have fun?

Jodie Meeks has to be ecstatic. Jamison, as well.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1012 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,939 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:29 PM

idk if it was posted already but Phil released a statement saying the main reason he was considering the job is because of how Laker fans wanted him

That's because he wants the fans ticked off if things don't go well.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1013 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,939 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Of course he'd say that, Phil is the master of mind games. If it wasn't a championship roster, why would he return?

Exactly.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1014 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:31 PM

I really do think our bench will improve under his system.

He certaintly gets the best out of his role players. I'm interested to see his rotations. Some people on another website were suggesting it would be an 8 man rotation, but I have to imagine it would be a 9 man rotation unless one of Kobe/Nash is always on the court.

#1015 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,939 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:36 PM

My personal belief is that Phil asked for things to see if LA would bite. I think he still planned to wake up this AM and take the job, and see what terms he agent could achieve.

Once team management talked to D'Antoni, it was too easy. He was "cheap" and ready to go. So, it was either hire D'Antoni and bring "showtime" back to LA, or negotiate an expensive deal with Phil.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1016 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,939 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:37 PM

My personal belief is that Phil asked for things to see if LA would bite. I think he still planned to wake up this AM and take the job, and see what terms his agent could achieve.

Once team management talked to D'Antoni, it was too easy. He was "cheap" and ready to go. So, it was either hire D'Antoni and bring "showtime" back to LA, or negotiate an expensive deal with Phil.

Edited by UKUGA, November 12, 2012 - 09:48 PM.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1017 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,939 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:40 PM

Anybody think about how much return the Lakers have gotten out of their $13.5 million investment in firing Mike Brown? They have had 4 straight days of nonstop media coverage, and D'Antoni has not even been introduced yet.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#1018 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:41 PM

My personal belief is that Phil asked for things to see if LA would bite. I think he still planned to wake up this AM and take the job, and see what terms he agent could achieve.

Which was logical, rational and smart.

Amazing that people think the Lakers would INVITE PR disaster by handling things the way Phil suggested they did.

#1019 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 09:55 PM

Anybody think about how much return the Lakers have gotten out of their $13.5 million investment in firing Mike Brown? They have had 4 straight days of nonstop media coverage, and D'Antoni has not even been introduced yet.

LOL...got their money's worth...at his expense, if not his production...

#1020 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 12, 2012 - 11:49 PM

Not sure if posted but this is awesome

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users