Photo

Coach Update (Pg. 59 - D'Antoni WILL coach tonight)

• Please log in to reply
1243 replies to this topic

#61 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 09:49 AM

Well as an old dude mydelf, it does weigh on you and the expectation would be a ring no less, pressure but not a factor, still have Pau and will he "Man" up or continue the Euro fall and look around for "somebody help me, that wasn't right , its not fair make him stop" He didn;t actually say that but looks it, wheres the Nadal type attitude, the fearless bullfighter not the Zorro sidekick. Sorry but there is some truth to the angle he took on the story, but before you fire one guy you should know who is next inseason esp. Phils mind may say yr=es but physu=ically and the grind will alter that. Remember "you can't go home again" its true sometimes.

One of the most incoherent things I have ever read. Thank you for hurting my brain.

#62 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 10, 2012 - 09:59 AM

http://www.latimes.c...er&dlvrit=53297

The Lakers are moving quickly toward hiring Phil Jackson as their next coach, with one person in the organization calling it a "95%" chance he will return for a third tour with the team.

The Lakers plan on meeting with Jackson on Saturday morning to make sure he is interested in the job. The unknown 5% in their equation is the chance Jackson doesn't want to fill the vacancy created by the Friday firing of Mike Brown, either because of health reasons or other unknown issues.

The team realized a slew of things stemming from the 101-77 Lakers' victory Friday over Golden State, primarily that the players wanted Jackson and fans wanted him too, in case their second-half chants of his name weren't enough of a tipoff.

Ultimately, Lakers management wants Jackson too. It's just a matter of where Jackson stands right now. People who have spoken with him in recent weeks say he enjoys his life away from the game but is also intrigued by the Lakers' roster and the opportunity to return to the only franchise he has known since 1999.

Jackson left the Lakers after the 2010-11 season, and at least one prominent player said he wanted a chance at redemption on Jackson's behalf.

"The one thing that's kind of always bothered me is that in his last year I wasn't able to give him my normal self," Kobe Bryant said Friday night. "I was playing on one leg and that's kind of always eaten away at me. The last year of his career I wasn't able to give him all I had.

"He's too great of a coach to have it go out that way. That's my personal sentiment. I took it to heart because I couldn't give it everything I had because I physically couldn't. My knee was shot. That's always bothered me."

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#63 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 10, 2012 - 10:38 AM

Phil is the only coach available that has a chance to turn this team around. The problem is does this team have 'it", I really think this team is challenged when it comes down to real time NBA talent. The speed and athleticism is a problem. Signing Nash was a mistake, he was not suited for the Princeton offense nor is suited for the TRI. It makes one wonder what management was thinking when they signed Nash. Now what do you do, PJ is the best coach for this team except Nash is not suited to be a factor in the tri offense. Nash is still a pro and a great player offensively but lets face it he is a defensive liability and has zero speed and athleticism.
PJ does not like young players as a rule so the speed and athleticism the Lakers have is Ebanks and Morris, both guys play good defense but both guys also are not exactly high IQ players.
This team is a mismatch of talent, if anyone can makes sense of this team it's PJ....
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#64 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,488 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 10:41 AM

I thought that the article was very well written, but you can tell he's stretching with some of his comments just to create a story.

Phil isn't my first choice, because I think Sloan would be a better fit for this team. That said, I'm not going to cry if we get PJ. :laughing:

#65 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 10, 2012 - 10:45 AM

I thought that the article was very well written, but you can tell he's stretching with some of his comments just to create a story.

Phil isn't my first choice, because I think Sloan would be a better fit for this team. That said, I'm not going to cry if we get PJ. :laughing:

Sloan wouldn't like L.A. it's too flashy for him

#66 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:16 AM

@WojYahooNBA: As Lakers meet w/ Phil Jackson today, they've declined meetings w/ any other candidates, source says. "They're all in on Phil," source says.

Posted Image

#67 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:17 AM

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#68 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm glad Kobe is religious, MDI. He pays his dues.

#69 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:02 PM

@Chris_Broussard Phil has already contacted some of his old asst coaches, source says.

https://twitter.com/...Chris_Broussard

Edited by Nego, November 10, 2012 - 12:02 PM.

Posted Image

#70 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:04 PM

So close to landing PJ
Please don't make this some bs
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

• 40,400 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:08 PM

Gonna' start posting in this thread then as opposed to the other one to combat both my 'pet peeve' and irking to a few in the process, lol. I'm stoked.

This probably means we'll see more of Jeannie as well (physically).

yo.

#72 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:09 PM

Im guessing Phil brings Hamblen, Cleamons and Rambis with him...might mean Bickerstaff, Jordan, Person and Ham will be let go. THat would suck. THey were solid

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#73 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:10 PM

Please let it be true ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#74 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,674 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:10 PM

Im guessing Phil brings Hamblen, Cleamons and Rambis with him...might mean Bickerstaff, Jordan, Person and Ham will be let go. THat would suck. THey were solid

wasted money :/

#75 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:11 PM

They should keep Chuck Person.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#76 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:12 PM

I really liked Bickerstaff. I'm sure another team will pick him up and make use of his services.

#77 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:12 PM

Jordan will probably be let go.

Bickerstaff was cool. He should stay :laughing:

#78 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,674 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:13 PM

bring fish to coash in place of shaw's!

• 40,400 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:14 PM

might mean Bickerstaff, Jordan, Person and Ham will be let go. THat would suck. THey were solid

No use for Jordan now. He was all about the Princeton offense for the most part. Get out of here.

They should keep Chuck Person.

Agree.

yo.

#80 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:14 PM

@KBergCBS

A "couple more steps" to be addressed before agreement can be reached on Phil Jackson's return to Lakers, league source tells @CBSSports.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users