1254 replies to this topic

#1221 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 806 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 10, 2012 - 06:49 PM

It's quite around here... Is something brewing???

#1222 Rad

Rad

• 1,635 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 08:18 PM

Travel restrictions.. meaning what exactly; Phil will only travel to certain road games?

• 40,431 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 09:54 PM

One thing I don't understand is all this talk about them easing some of Phil's responsibilities from shoot arounds traveling, etc...I know he's not a young guy, but I thought they said he was healthy?

My thoughts as well, apparently not that healthy after all then.

yo.

#1224 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 11, 2012 - 02:19 AM

I'm not sure I like Phil only coaching part-time..

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#1225 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 11, 2012 - 03:41 AM

I'm not sure I like Phil only coaching part-time..

Yeh same. Phil needs to be full time.
Laker fan for life.

#1226 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,464 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 11, 2012 - 03:52 AM

I agree. If Phil asks for the power that Jim Buss has then he should be full time coaching. We aren't gonna give Phil that much power for a part time thing where he isn't at practices or shootarounds and stuff. If Phil is asking for all that and not gonna be full time I'll take D'antoni.

Hope they keep Persons and Ham. Both did a good job with player development.

As do I, there's some really good pieces we have, Phil/D'antoni wouldn't have to change EVERYTHING, it would be too big a culture shock imo and they shouldn't get rid of some of the inside people that players already trust. Same goes for Bernie working with the young players as well. But that's my opinion.

Edited by Majesty, November 11, 2012 - 03:57 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1227 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 806 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 04:29 AM

A person close to Jackson told USA TODAY Sports via text message Saturday afternoon, "It will get done barring something very significant."

#1228 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:12 AM

What part of GOAT don't you understand?

Let's just say they all suck because anyone can win with MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Robinson, and etc. Hell, what's the point in having a coach? Let's just let the players play!

Hypotheticals are fun!!!

But um, what exactly did Mike Brown do with the rosters he's had?

And shouldn't Pop have more ships...you know since he's had the greatest power forward of all time? What about Sloan? Hell, even with Karl Malone and John Stockton he couldn't win [expletive].

I hear what you're saying but no one in history had the talent POOL that Phil had. Maybe Pat Riley for about 10 years but NO ONE had it for almost 20. Not POP, Pat, Doc, Sloan, Hell NO ONE. You kept naming one or two players on those teams. How many of them played during the Jordan/Pippin era?? How many lost to Jordan and his host of All Stars and Hall of Famers?? again, the BEST coaches do more with less. Again, Phil is Great because players beleive in him but the last time I checked, he lost with Jordan, he lost with Shaq and Kobe. He didn't make it to the finals the last two years in the league. I hope this does work but he is by far not the ONLY coach that can take LA to the promise land. And if we don't land him EVERYONE needs to beleive another coach can

#1229 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,464 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:18 AM

I hear what you're saying but no one in history had the talent POOL that Phil had. Maybe Pat Riley for about 10 years but NO ONE had it for almost 20. Not POP, Pat, Doc, Sloan, Hell NO ONE. You kept naming one or two players on those teams. How many of them played during the Jordan/Pippin era?? How many lost to Jordan and his host of All Stars and Hall of Famers?? again, the BEST coaches do more with less. Again, Phil is Great because players beleive in him but the last time I checked, he lost with Jordan, he lost with Shaq and Kobe. He didn't make it to the finals the last two years in the league. I hope this does work but he is by far not the ONLY coach that can take LA to the promise land. And if we don't land him EVERYONE needs to beleive another coach can

IF you want to start a heck storm.

Ask if Michael Jordan would have won his first championship(against the Lakers) if Worthy wasn't injured ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1230 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:29 AM

Again, why are these front offices paying PJ millions of dollars? Because he is the best...bar none.

It's ridiculous to doubt this man after all he's proven. When did MJ and Pippen get their first rings? When PJ came along with the triangle.

Take MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Pippen...now, count their ring totals WITHOUT PJ.

All of these HOF coaches had great players. The man is so great, you're knocking him for the few times he DIDN'T win a ship lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1231 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:38 AM

You need a new avatar bro.
htCCl0m.png

#1232 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 11, 2012 - 06:12 AM

Jack ordered a Code Red on potato head.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#1233 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 11, 2012 - 06:16 AM

That is why I said get both D'Antoni and Phil, Phil can do the home games and D'Antoni can be our road coach.

#1234 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 806 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 06:45 AM

That is why I said get both D'Antoni and Phil, Phil can do the home games and D'Antoni can be our road coach.

Won't work. Two different coaching styles. Will create more conflict and confusion than production

#1235 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 07:03 AM

Won't work. Two different coaching styles. Will create more conflict and confusion than production

How so?

D'Antoni was an assistant coach for Team USA with coach K at the head, why can't he be one of Phil's and learn a thing or two from the greatest?

#1236 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 08:38 AM

They have two different offensive philosophy's. Team USA is completely different from NBA action.

#1237 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts
  • Name:Reid Ponce
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 11, 2012 - 08:42 AM

Also, D'Antoni and Phil don't seem like the best of friends...

#1238 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 806 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 08:42 AM

How so?

D'Antoni was an assistant coach for Team USA with coach K at the head, why can't he be one of Phil's and learn a thing or two from the greatest?

Team USA is different from NBA. Team USA consisted of players from different teams its a different mentality. Plus, both coaches were present not one vs the other=more clearer expectations. None of: if Phil is here then game plan =x and if it's D'Antoni then game plan and rotations = y. It will create player frustration and not a good mix to have.

#1239 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:38 AM

forget what I said, I think West Coast mentioned Brian Shaw might be coming back.

thanks for taking the time to explain that for me guys, I'm a homer that acts like homer...DOH!

#1240 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 806 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:58 AM

forget what I said, I think West Coast mentioned Brian Shaw might be coming back.

thanks for taking the time to explain that for me guys, I'm a homer that acts like homer...DOH!

Of course, no problem and you're welcome. That's what this Site is for, to share information and learn new and existing idea/things.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users