Photo

Kobe talks about "Fans being fans", Dwight talks about why he smiles all the time, and Pau talks optimism

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,180 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 09, 2012 - 02:37 AM

Just gonna put these interviews here from Today taken by these three. They aren't available for view online so I'm transcribing them for you :)

Kobe Interview: The fans are just being fans.

Kobe responding to the notion about fans liking his feisty-ness, and even the ridiculousness of his "death stare" and his ultimate position on fans looking for things like that

Kobe Bryant: (smiling the entire time) Well, my fans know that's why I'm the Black Mamba, I am a... temperamental individual out on that court. (said with a bit of a chuckle and smile)

Temperamental is an understatement. But bottom line is you want to win. But the Lakers are 1-4. You're the first to say you aren't concerned but are you really not concerned?

Kobe Bryant: I'm really not, I just hate losing. I understand that it's a process. You just hate going through that process. But I'm not concerned about it.

People on twitter have been really harsh and critical of Mike Brown even as harsh as to say and trend "Fire Mike Brown" what do you think when you see things like that?

Kobe Bryant: The fans are being fans just like they came up with the "Kobe death stare". That's their job. It's what they do. As fans, It's their job to worry and our job to go out there and perform. It just comes with the pressures of playing in Los Angeles.

Final Question. Come Friday what's going to be different vs the last 4 games?

Kobe Bryant: (smiling) hopefully we'll win.

Pau Gasol Interview on getting back on track:

Pau Gasol: We all have high expectations for ourselves and for this team, and when things haven't been clicking in the pre-season and into the regular season with the exception of one game where we played well and got a good result. We can't get too upset or too pressured. Otherwise that would slow us down.

However I think we're VERY close to the place that we want to be.

We just need to continue to stay together, work hard and be positive, help each other out and make this work as a group and as a unit. The season presents different challenges. We're dealing with injuries. We have someone coming off of injury in Dwight, we have someone fighting through and injury(Kobe) and we have a guy waiting to come back form his injury(Steve) so it's our share of things to deal with.
We have to deal with them yet at the same time we have to deliver and we have to perform and try to get a good result.

We want to win just like everybody else."

Dwight Howard on wanting fans to remain positive and his smile.

Dwight on his role with the team off the court.

Dwight Howard: Off the court? Continue to be who I am every day and continue to bring life to the team and continue to lead through actions and be vocal with the guys and talk to him, things like that.

Dwight responding to thoughts about his smile, his focus etc

I've smiled my whole life. I love to have fun.
I don't want people to take that as me not being serious or not focusing. I want to have fun but at the same time I am very serious about winning. Here in LA that's what I'm very serious about and im gonna have fun doing it and that's what I do.
If I wasn't(smiling and having fun), I wouldn't be having fun, and that'd be a problem for me and for my team because you focus more when you have fun.

So yes I love to have fun, but at the same time I get the job done . This is my sanctuary. I wake up and I love playing basketball on that court. This is my dream and I want to have fun doing this. I just want the Lakers fans to stay beiind us while we fight through this thing and I want them to fight through this with us, because at the end of the year...we all win.

I think what Dwight says has a very great point, it's his way of having fun and how he focuses in the game. I don't mind it at all.

Whats everyone's thoughts?

Edited by Majesty, November 09, 2012 - 03:04 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 09, 2012 - 07:15 AM

I really don't care about all the bull[expletive] that is going on right now.

I'm not entirely optimistic but I'm not pessimistic either, I'm just waiting, watching.

I have faith in the Lakers franchise, been through the ups and downs as a fan,
now that I'm getting older I realize we've been through all this already and
its nothing unfamiliar.

Its all a process, it will all work out in the end.

Could be this year, could be next year, but we'll have our time to shine as we always have being the greatest franchise in basketball.

If you wanna panic go be a fan of some small market franchise, you'll have plenty of reason to panic there, not here.

Edited by FiveSixDeuce, November 09, 2012 - 07:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users