Photo

If the Lakers record is under .500 end of November...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: If the Lakers record is under .500 end of November... (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Panic Time if Lakers below 500 starting December?

1. Hellzz Yea. Fire Brown and Eddie Jordan. Keep Chuck Person, he aight. (32 votes [96.97%])

Percentage of vote: 96.97%

2. Nope. Still drinking my glass half full energy drink! (1 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,038 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 08, 2012 - 06:55 AM

Will you patient lakers fan be worried? I know there are a lot of members on here who have a glass half full mentality and believe this team will turn around and become one of the dominant teams in the NBA. But if the Lakers have a below 500 record when November is done, is it time to maybe spill that glass a little bit? Maybe its too early even if we suck through November. Heck maybe its too early if we have a below .500 team by Christmas. SOme people on here probably would even wait until the All Star break. It is one thing to take time to get to know the offense and defense but if there is no improvement in any of those areas for the past several games already including the preseason game, maybe its time to worry? Key word is improvement and so far I have not seen any improvement. Unless we play against college teams like the Pistons every game, what will be the difference? I always wanted to be an optimus. Heck, I'll be Optimus Prime and lead the optimus bus around saying everything is ok and we will turn it around. But the more I watch the more I spilled my glass half full milk. Mike Brown aint helping me. Pau Gasol aint helping me. Metta world tregedy aint helping me. And that look that Kobe Bryant gave to Mike Brown says it all. Is it panic time if the Lakers under 500 end of November?

Are we playing to just make the playoff this season? Last I check Lakers don't play just to make playoffs. Last I check we are not the Milwaulke Bucs, Charlotte Bobcats or even the Hornets where we put up banners because we make playoffs. Championship or BUST!!

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,378 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 07:53 AM

I consider myself in the patient group, and I'll be very concerned if we're not at .500 by the end of the month, especially with the upcoming schedule we have going for us.

#3 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 934 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 08, 2012 - 07:54 AM

Well if we are under .500, Then the glass couldn't be "half" full right? ;)

Edited by MrRJ, November 08, 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#4 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,080 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 08:24 AM

If we are under .500 and Mike Brown is still here, I can't imagine the look Staples Center will have.

Remember this?

LOL

#5 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,038 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 08:50 AM

You think Metta World Piece going to go into the stands and start fighting if we end up being below 500?

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#6 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted November 08, 2012 - 08:54 AM

If we are under .500 and Mike Brown is still here, I can't imagine the look Staples Center will have.

They'll just stand there, typing on their iPhones, looking pretty ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#7 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,038 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 08:59 AM

They'll just stand there, typing on their iPhones, looking pretty ..

I wondered how many sons and daughters of super rich founders of forbes 500 companies end up having another Steve Blake incident.

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:13 AM

After this homestand we have 12 out of the next 18 on the road including 9 out of 13 in December, the team hasn't shown enough promise and progress for me to think they're eve gonna be .500 come December, Brown will be gone by Christmas

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#9 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,038 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:17 AM

I dont think Mike Brown will be fired during the season even if the Lakers end up having the worst record in the league. For one, Jim Buss is too stubborn to admit he made a mistake. Another is Lakers are a lot more patient than fans and medias. Unless Kobe, Nash and Dwight storm into Mitch's office and demand Mike Brown to be fired, Lakers usually only do big moves during exit interviews at the end of the season. Lakers franchise are not the type of franchise that will fold under pressure just because fans and media wanted Mike Brown to be gone. I will be surprised if Brown is fired this season no matter how bad the Lakers are playing.

#10 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:26 AM

I dont think Mike Brown will be fired during the season even if the Lakers end up having the worst record in the league. For one, Jim Buss is too stubborn to admit he made a mistake. Another is Lakers are a lot more patient than fans and medias. Unless Kobe, Nash and Dwight storm into Mitch's office and demand Mike Brown to be fired, Lakers usually only do big moves during exit interviews at the end of the season. Lakers franchise are not the type of franchise that will fold under pressure just because fans and media wanted Mike Brown to be gone. I will be surprised if Brown is fired this season no matter how bad the Lakers are playing.

They're not paying hundreds of millions of dollars to have a below .500 record team. I'll bet my ass that something will happen if this type of play continues. Nobody wants to pay millions of dollars in taxes to get this type of trash in return.
To Live and Die in L.A

#11 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,378 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:37 AM

I don't know where you get this Jim Buss is too stubborn thing from. The dude tried blowing up our team to get CP3 and then possibly Howard, but he got screwed there. Then he signed Nash and traded Bynum for Howard, which every Jim hater said he would never do.

And just like AirTupac said, you think the organization is going to spend over $100 million on a roster that is below .500 because of an ego? You are nuts, my friend.

Jim said he's happy with Mike Brown, but what do you want him to say? Mitch and Jim if we've learned anything are VERY good at not revealing their cards.

#12 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,080 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:41 AM

Some of you need to understand that even if Jim Buss is inclined to fire Mike Brown, he won't say it publicly. This is same thing with Bynum. You have to be able to read dude's poker face. Jerry taught'em well. When/If Mike goes, you'll see it on the headlines, not hear from the owner's mouth.

#13 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,038 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:48 AM

I don't know where you get this Jim Buss is too stubborn thing from. The dude tried blowing up our team to get CP3 and then possibly Howard, but he got screwed there. Then he signed Nash and traded Bynum for Howard, which every Jim hater said he would never do.

And just like AirTupac said, you think the organization is going to spend over $100 million on a roster that is below .500 because of an ego? You are nuts, my friend.

Jim said he's happy with Mike Brown, but what do you want him to say? Mitch and Jim if we've learned anything are VERY good at not revealing their cards.

Good arguement. I stand corrected.

#14 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,399 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:50 AM

Jerry Buss is still the man who owns the team. He will not let this team have the worst record.. let alone .500

#15 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted November 08, 2012 - 11:27 AM

I consider myself in the patient group but I'm quickly losing patience. If they finish the month below 500 then it's time for change. It's inexcusable to have this much talent and not beat below average teams at home.

Edited by Notorious Arab, November 08, 2012 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image

#16 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 903 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted November 08, 2012 - 11:48 AM

Brown will be gone way before then imo. Another week of this and he'll be gone.

#17 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 12:03 PM

If they are under .500 in Dec, you can kiss the playoffs goodbye. This isnt the east where you can back in with 35 wins. Its going to take at least 50 wins to make the playoffs and that means you can only have about 27-30 loses. They already have 4 5 games into the season. They need to start getting it going and NOW.

#18 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted November 08, 2012 - 12:21 PM

I really don't care, take my statement any way you wish, still rooting for the team win or lose.

Its a process guys, some teams gel instantly and some don't.

#19 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,038 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 12:44 PM

Its a process guys, some teams gel instantly and some don't.

No team couldn't gel like this ever. Look at the Mavs. They got new guys on the roster and Dirk wasn't even playing. They end up having a 4-1 record. Look at the Knicks. They lost Jeremy Lin and got 5 new players in the roster, they are 4 - 1. Look at the heats in 2010. They got new players, new coach, new super team, they never go 1- 5 and show imrpovement. Are you in Colorado and smoking something good? Pass me some of that weed cus you are so optomistic its stupid

Edited by epicwolf, November 08, 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#20 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted November 08, 2012 - 12:52 PM

I consider myself in the patient group but I'm quickly losing patience. If they finish the month below 500 then it's time for change. It's inexcusable to have this much talent and not beat below average teams at home.

Same for me. I'm patient as well but watching this team struggle like this is disheartening. Lol. It's one thing if this team wasn't any good and we expected them to be a bottom seed team like in 05-07 but this team has championship aspirations and so far they look terrible.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users