• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 07, 2012 - 01:51 PM

I won't even play Metta at the 2 in 2k13.

I want Brown to succeed but he's really trying to get himself fired.

#82 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,701 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 07, 2012 - 01:53 PM

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The guy is throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks right now its about racking up W's to save his job. The more the NBA season progresses the less likely he is to be fired this season. He would have to do something stupid to get fired mid season.
Posted Image

#83 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 01:55 PM

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The guy is throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks right now its about racking up W's to save his job. The more the NBA season progresses the less likely he is to be fired this season. He would have to do something stupid to get fired mid season.

*Brown reads this, puts Kobe at the 5*

#84 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted November 07, 2012 - 02:50 PM

What will he think of next? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Free The Wave

#85 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 07, 2012 - 02:51 PM

His lineups havent worked so far MB rider.

He can't create for anyone and have you seen him try to dribble penetrate....worst thing ive ever seen.

yeaaa,its been pretty bad this season. i think playing him with the 2nd unit makes for a better first unit... because, he'll either stop trying to beast on offense SO much, or he'll get better at it,by doing it in the 2nd unit..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#86 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 02:54 PM

He's going to try to defend Marvin Williams, Gordon Hayward, and Randy Foye. It could be a long night.

he would be trying to guard two of those 3 guys ,if he played the 3. randy foye is the only guy of the 3 that metta shouldnt be embarrassed that he cant guard... hayward did burn metta earlier this season, or pre season?

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, November 07, 2012 - 02:55 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#87 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,840 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 07, 2012 - 02:56 PM

yeaaa,its been pretty bad this season. i think playing him with the 2nd unit makes for a better first unit... because, he'll either stop trying to beast on offense SO much, or he'll get better at it,by doing it in the 2nd unit..

Yes, Metta and whomever the 5 is would be the focal point of the bench offense. Since Jamison obviously can't be and Hill isn't really a "go to" guy he's a clean up and effort energy guy.

Metta at the very least is a good passer(when the ball doesn't become a black hole) and is a more reliable scorer. Brown just pretty much made Metta the leader of the bench unit again without making him come off the bench this time. I've a much better feeling of Metta iso'ing it against a bench player and the fact he'd overpower a bench 2 in the post or to the basket so this size rebounding and defense lineup COULD work.

Also after watching some of the earlier Laker games I noticed something about Jodie Meeks. He doesn't really stay home on the person he's guarding and gives up 3s because of it. I notice this as well in the Backstage Lakers episode where Mike Brown is yelling at him for his lack of defensive tendency. That probably has something to do with it as well. Meeks is great for stretching the floor but apparently Brown doesn't think we need that right now if our bench unit can play D and get rebounds.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#88 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 03:04 PM

if Metta succeeds, he will of course look very goofy doing so, and even if he did succeed in a couple games, i would never bet on it the next time... Metta looks so goofy trying to score(pre season), i think he needs to get used to used to scoring again,,,,,and this has been proven with his regular season play...

and MAJESTY , it really sucks like no other that Jamison cant be the focal point of the O in the 2nd unit, but this is Mike Browns doing..

(thinks)damn, this 2nd unit really might be a big defensive liability,,,on the wing of course

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, November 07, 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#89 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 07, 2012 - 03:10 PM

Honestly Metta at the 2 about 3 years ago would have been okay. He was alot more athletic back then. But now? We are just asking for death.

THis is mind boggling me. Who hired this moron? Hang him too. lol. (fkn jim buss)

I have never been happy with the Mike Brown signing and his done nothing to prove me otherwise. Its just more stupid things that I see. Jesus christ.

Edited by Lakers4Life, November 07, 2012 - 03:10 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#90 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,840 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 03:44 PM

if Metta succeeds, he will of course look very goofy doing so, and even if he did succeed in a couple games, i would never bet on it the next time... Metta looks so goofy trying to score(pre season), i think he needs to get used to used to scoring again,,,,,and this has been proven with his regular season play...

and MAJESTY , it really sucks like no other that Jamison cant be the focal point of the O in the 2nd unit, but this is Mike Browns doing..

(thinks)damn, this 2nd unit really might be a big defensive liability,,,on the wing of course

It aint Mike Brown's fault that Jamison can't hit a wide open jumper.

#91 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 686 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted November 07, 2012 - 03:47 PM

It's fair to say we shouldn't judge this lineup until tonight's game pans out. But until then, I'm gonna be worried as hell for the effectiveness of this 'defensive' unit.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#92 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,009 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 07, 2012 - 05:22 PM

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
Mike Brown made it clear pregame that Metta's time at backup SG won't affect his starting role. He is and will remain the starting SF

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#93 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 07, 2012 - 07:21 PM

Funny thing is ya'll are joking now, but if that lineup somehow works in terms of rebounding and defense in our second unit then he'll look like a genius :P

It hasn't. He look like a dolt.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#94 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,701 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:48 PM

Lol
Posted Image

• 40,365 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:57 PM

Not bad, yeah he was 3-12 from the field, but he had 15 points!!!

yo.

#96 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,840 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:06 PM

Jordan Hill got 12 rebounds tonight off that lineup.

Problem is we didn't have Blake at the 1, we had Morris. Big difference.

But yeah we outrebounded the Jazz, they had NO offensive rebounding in the 2nd quarter and defensively we shut them down for a while while our offense wasn't flowing. Then Morris came in....

And the rest is history :laughing:

#97 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,038 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 07, 2012 - 10:15 PM

Like I guessed, the Lakers got lit up by the backup SG.

At least the starting wing players didn't light up the Lakers. That's more than I expected.

Edited by Japago, November 07, 2012 - 10:17 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users